FW: HBCU Library Alliance Summer 2020 Conservation/Preservation Internship Program - Finish Line Extended to Saturday, February 22 (PRIORITY)

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Wed, Feb 19, 2020 12:53 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

I have news to share.  The University of Virginia (UVA) is not able to serve as a host site for the Summer 2020 Conservation/Preservation Internship Program.  The library is undergoing renovation and the lab will not be accessible during the summer months. We extend gratitude to UVA's Conservator for Special Collections Sue Donovan and her team for providing an important learning space for our distinguished undergraduates.

Jake Nadal, Director for Preservation, Library of Congress (LOC), informed me last week that LOC will host a second intern!!!! What AMAZING news!!!!

Click here http://hbculibraries.org/2020-interns.html for details and application materials. Don't miss this opportunity!!!

Respectfully,

Sandra

From: Sandra Phoenix
Sent: Monday, February 3, 2020 7:43 AM
To: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org
Cc: Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org
Subject: HBCU Library Alliance Summer 2020 Conservation/Preservation Internship Program - Saturday Finishline Extended to February 22

Greetings Colleagues,

I trust you're well.  A larger pool of applicants is needed for this very important initiative.  Let's work together to identify students interested in learning library conservation/preservation skills.  The finishline has been extended to Saturday, February 22.

Contact me immediately if you have questions or need additional information.

Respectfully,

Sandra