Fw: Coca-Cola Foundation and Thurgood Marshall College Fund to give $75,000 to Tuskegee University

ML
Mantra L Henderson
Thu, Nov 19, 2015 1:41 PM

Another post

Mantra Henderson, MLIS

Director of Library Services

James H. White Library

Mississippi Valley State University

14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232

Itta Bena, MS 38941

662-254-3494 (phone)

662-254-3499 (fax)

From: Sandra Phoenix sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 9:36 AM
To: Mantra L Henderson
Cc: Stephanie A. Smith
Subject: Coca-Cola Foundation and Thurgood Marshall College Fund to give $75,000 to Tuskegee University

Tuskegee University News

November 6, 2015

Coca-Cola Foundation and Thurgood Marshall College Fund to give $75,000 to Tuskegee University

TUSKEGEE, Ala. A gift from The Coca-Cola Foundation and Thurgood Marshall College Fund will help make this year's homecoming celebration at Tuskegee University even more special. These organizations will show their support for our institution with a $75,000 donation Saturday.

"Tuskegee University is very pleased to receive this gift of $75,000 from Coca-Cola and the Thurgood Marshall College Fund. We are particularly pleased that this is the second major donation administered through the Thurgood Marshall College Fund in concert with a major corporation this calendar year. We thank Johnny Taylor, Thurgood Marshall College Fund CEO for his continued support of the Tuskegee University tradition and the Tuskegee University trajectory," said Tuskegee University president, Dr. Brian L. Johnson

Before the Golden Tigers football team faces Miles College, representatives from The Coca-Cola Foundation and Thurgood Marshall College Fund will make the presentation on the field at Cleve. L. Abbott Memorial Stadium. The funds will be used to provide scholarships for first-generation students attending Tuskegee.

"Education is an extremely important and strong pillar of our sustainability efforts," said Lori Billingsley, vice president for Community Relations at the Coca-Cola Company. "We see it as a key contributor to socio-economic development, and we encourage and support educational programs for students of all ages, nationalities and ethnicities, and those in need of financial assistance."

© 2015 Tuskegee University

SANDRA M. PHOENIX

Executive Director

HBCU Library Alliance

sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org

www.hbculibraries.orghttp://www.hbculibraries.org/

800-999-8558, ext. 4820

404-702-5854

Skype: sandra.phoenix1

1438 West Peachtree NW
Suite 200

Atlanta,GA 30309

Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS)

Fax: 404.892.7879

www.lyrasis.orghttp://www.lyrasis.org/

Honor the ancestors, honor the children.

Another post Mantra Henderson, MLIS Director of Library Services James H. White Library Mississippi Valley State University 14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232 Itta Bena, MS 38941 662-254-3494 (phone) 662-254-3499 (fax) ________________________________ From: Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 9:36 AM To: Mantra L Henderson Cc: Stephanie A. Smith Subject: Coca-Cola Foundation and Thurgood Marshall College Fund to give $75,000 to Tuskegee University Tuskegee University News November 6, 2015 Coca-Cola Foundation and Thurgood Marshall College Fund to give $75,000 to Tuskegee University TUSKEGEE, Ala. A gift from The Coca-Cola Foundation and Thurgood Marshall College Fund will help make this year's homecoming celebration at Tuskegee University even more special. These organizations will show their support for our institution with a $75,000 donation Saturday. "Tuskegee University is very pleased to receive this gift of $75,000 from Coca-Cola and the Thurgood Marshall College Fund. We are particularly pleased that this is the second major donation administered through the Thurgood Marshall College Fund in concert with a major corporation this calendar year. We thank Johnny Taylor, Thurgood Marshall College Fund CEO for his continued support of the Tuskegee University tradition and the Tuskegee University trajectory," said Tuskegee University president, Dr. Brian L. Johnson Before the Golden Tigers football team faces Miles College, representatives from The Coca-Cola Foundation and Thurgood Marshall College Fund will make the presentation on the field at Cleve. L. Abbott Memorial Stadium. The funds will be used to provide scholarships for first-generation students attending Tuskegee. "Education is an extremely important and strong pillar of our sustainability efforts," said Lori Billingsley, vice president for Community Relations at the Coca-Cola Company. "We see it as a key contributor to socio-economic development, and we encourage and support educational programs for students of all ages, nationalities and ethnicities, and those in need of financial assistance." © 2015 Tuskegee University SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 800-999-8558, ext. 4820 404-702-5854 Skype: sandra.phoenix1 1438 West Peachtree NW Suite 200 Atlanta,GA 30309 Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS) Fax: 404.892.7879 www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/> Honor the ancestors, honor the children.