RE: Governance Discussion

ML
Mantra L Henderson
Fri, Sep 2, 2016 1:53 PM

Greetings Robert,
We will respond to your question regarding remote attendance soon.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
From: Robert Miller Robert.Miller@lyrasis.org
Date: 9/2/16 8:33 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: Mantra L Henderson mlhenderson@mvsu.edu
Cc: Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org, Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org, kjefferson@auctr.edu, Sandra Phoenix sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
Subject: Re: Governance Discussion

Hi all,

I think this is a wise direction and important discussion.

Might there be a way to participate remotely by phone, Skype video or another method?

Briskly forward,

Robert

Robert Miller
Chief Executive Officer
1438 West Peachtree Street NW, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30309
Direct: 404-592-4898tel:404-592-4898
Cell: 415-640-1092tel:415-640-1092
Toll free: 800-999-8558tel:800-990-8558
Skype: Robert.Miller

[cid:image001.png@01CE1341.AA604180]http://www.lyrasis.org/
[Ficon]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lyrasis/148102075244[TIcon]https://twitter.com/lyrasis

On Sep 2, 2016, at 6:18 AM, Mantra L Henderson <mlhenderson@mvsu.edumailto:mlhenderson@mvsu.edu> wrote:

Members,

I want to share information and invite your attendance at a face-to-face HBCU Library Alliance governance discussion scheduled on Thursday, September 29, 10:00 - 3:00 at the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library (GA).

The HBCU Library Alliance Board has been in discussions about a new governance structure to address organizational need. Sustainability and a declining membership are priority factors for this discussion. The Board is comprised of twelve directors with representation from two private institutions, two public institutions, one 1890's institution, one community college, three at-large institutions, the Immediate Past Chair and two ex-officio members. The Bylaws are attached to this e-mail.

There are currently seven Board vacancies and the Executive Team decided to closely review Board structure and need prior to holding the next election. The Board list is attached to this e-mail, remaining Board members are myself, Monika Rhue, Mary Jo Fayoyin and ex-officio members Robert Miller and Pauletta Bracy.

LYRASIS former CEO and former HBCU Library Alliance ex-officio Board member Kate Nevins is excited to facilitate a face-to-face discussion with Executive Team members Monika Rhue, Mary Jo Fayoyin and me on Thursday, September 29th, 10:00 - 3:00 at the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library (GA). Founding Board Chair Loretta Parham will join us for this discussion. I know that Kate will guide us through an intense examination of governance. Her longstanding commitment to the HBCU Library Alliance is evident and respected. She and Sandra Phoenix have begun developing agenda items that include the Board's strategic and operational role, needed skills and attributes, suggested governance models and pros/cons of those models. A meeting summary will be shared via the distribution lists and at the October Membership Meeting.

This is an important discussion, any interested member is welcomed to attend this meeting.  Funds are not available to support travel-related expenses.

Contact Sandra Phoenix directly at sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org or at 404-978-2118 if you have questions or need additional information.

Sincerely,

Mantra

Mantra Henderson, HBCU Library Alliance Board Chair

Director of Library Services

James H. White Library

Mississippi Valley State University

14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232

Itta Bena, MS 38941

662-254-3494 (phone)

662-254-3499 (fax)

<Bylaws 2012.docx>
<HBCU Board of Directors List 2016-2018.doc>

HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list
HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org

Greetings Robert, We will respond to your question regarding remote attendance soon. Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device -------- Original message -------- From: Robert Miller <Robert.Miller@lyrasis.org> Date: 9/2/16 8:33 AM (GMT-06:00) To: Mantra L Henderson <mlhenderson@mvsu.edu> Cc: Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org, Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org, kjefferson@auctr.edu, Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Subject: Re: Governance Discussion Hi all, I think this is a wise direction and important discussion. Might there be a way to participate remotely by phone, Skype video or another method? Briskly forward, Robert Robert Miller Chief Executive Officer 1438 West Peachtree Street NW, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30309 Direct: 404-592-4898<tel:404-592-4898> Cell: 415-640-1092<tel:415-640-1092> Toll free: 800-999-8558<tel:800-990-8558> Skype: Robert.Miller [cid:image001.png@01CE1341.AA604180]<http://www.lyrasis.org/> [Ficon]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lyrasis/148102075244>[TIcon]<https://twitter.com/lyrasis> On Sep 2, 2016, at 6:18 AM, Mantra L Henderson <mlhenderson@mvsu.edu<mailto:mlhenderson@mvsu.edu>> wrote: Members, I want to share information and invite your attendance at a face-to-face HBCU Library Alliance governance discussion scheduled on Thursday, September 29, 10:00 - 3:00 at the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library (GA). The HBCU Library Alliance Board has been in discussions about a new governance structure to address organizational need. Sustainability and a declining membership are priority factors for this discussion. The Board is comprised of twelve directors with representation from two private institutions, two public institutions, one 1890's institution, one community college, three at-large institutions, the Immediate Past Chair and two ex-officio members. The Bylaws are attached to this e-mail. There are currently seven Board vacancies and the Executive Team decided to closely review Board structure and need prior to holding the next election. The Board list is attached to this e-mail, remaining Board members are myself, Monika Rhue, Mary Jo Fayoyin and ex-officio members Robert Miller and Pauletta Bracy. LYRASIS former CEO and former HBCU Library Alliance ex-officio Board member Kate Nevins is excited to facilitate a face-to-face discussion with Executive Team members Monika Rhue, Mary Jo Fayoyin and me on Thursday, September 29th, 10:00 - 3:00 at the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library (GA). Founding Board Chair Loretta Parham will join us for this discussion. I know that Kate will guide us through an intense examination of governance. Her longstanding commitment to the HBCU Library Alliance is evident and respected. She and Sandra Phoenix have begun developing agenda items that include the Board's strategic and operational role, needed skills and attributes, suggested governance models and pros/cons of those models. A meeting summary will be shared via the distribution lists and at the October Membership Meeting. This is an important discussion, any interested member is welcomed to attend this meeting. Funds are not available to support travel-related expenses. Contact Sandra Phoenix directly at sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> or at 404-978-2118 if you have questions or need additional information. Sincerely, Mantra Mantra Henderson, HBCU Library Alliance Board Chair Director of Library Services James H. White Library Mississippi Valley State University 14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232 Itta Bena, MS 38941 662-254-3494 (phone) 662-254-3499 (fax) <Bylaws 2012.docx> <HBCU Board of Directors List 2016-2018.doc> _______________________________________________ HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org> http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu-libadmin