Journal of Library Administration Article for Possible Publication: Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Wed, Sep 2, 2015 12:34 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

I trust you're well.  Today I'm celebrating Hazel W. Johnson, who in 1979 became the first African-American woman to attain General office rank in American military history. Under her tenure, the Army Nurse Corps continued to improve standards of education and training. Among her awards and honors, Johnson received the Distinguished Service Medal and the Meritorious Service Medal.

Journal of Library Administration Article for possible Publication

Board Chair Mantra Henderson and I presented a poster session on the Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research project at the American Library Association 2015 Annual Conference in San Francisco, CA.  The session was well attended with questions and comments from many conference attendees.

Gary Pitkin, Editor, Journal of Library Administration, has contacted me regarding converting the poster session into an article for possible publication into the Journal of Library Administration. The Journal of Library Administration is peer-reviewed, published by Taylor and Francis, and publishes articles and columns informing librarians and other information professionals about leadership, management, evaluation, assessment, marketing and more to promote organizational success.

We have reviewed the information related to author's rights and copyright and will have a draft article to Gary by December 15th.

Stay tuned!

Sandra

SANDRA M. PHOENIX
Executive Director
HBCU Library Alliance
sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
www.hbculibraries.orghttp://www.hbculibraries.org/
800-999-8558, ext. 4820
404-702-5854
Skype: sandra.phoenix1

1438 West Peachtree NW
Suite 200
Atlanta,GA 30309
Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS)
Fax: 404.892.7879
www.lyrasis.orghttp://www.lyrasis.org/
Honor the ancestors, honor the children.

Greetings Colleagues, I trust you're well. Today I'm celebrating Hazel W. Johnson, who in 1979 became the first African-American woman to attain General office rank in American military history. Under her tenure, the Army Nurse Corps continued to improve standards of education and training. Among her awards and honors, Johnson received the Distinguished Service Medal and the Meritorious Service Medal. Journal of Library Administration Article for possible Publication Board Chair Mantra Henderson and I presented a poster session on the Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research project at the American Library Association 2015 Annual Conference in San Francisco, CA. The session was well attended with questions and comments from many conference attendees. Gary Pitkin, Editor, Journal of Library Administration, has contacted me regarding converting the poster session into an article for possible publication into the Journal of Library Administration. The Journal of Library Administration is peer-reviewed, published by Taylor and Francis, and publishes articles and columns informing librarians and other information professionals about leadership, management, evaluation, assessment, marketing and more to promote organizational success. We have reviewed the information related to author's rights and copyright and will have a draft article to Gary by December 15th. Stay tuned! Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 800-999-8558, ext. 4820 404-702-5854 Skype: sandra.phoenix1 1438 West Peachtree NW Suite 200 Atlanta,GA 30309 Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS) Fax: 404.892.7879 www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/> Honor the ancestors, honor the children.
FR
Farrar, Rinalda
Wed, Sep 2, 2015 12:40 PM

OUTSTANDING!!!!!  Congratulations!

Dr. Rinalda Farrar
Director, Library Services
Inman E. Page Library
Lincoln University (MO)

[...]

OUTSTANDING!!!!! Congratulations! Dr. Rinalda Farrar Director, Library Services Inman E. Page Library Lincoln University (MO) From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Phoenix Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 7:34 AM To: 'Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: Journal of Library Administration Article for Possible Publication: Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research Greetings Colleagues, I trust you're well. Today I'm celebrating Hazel W. Johnson, who in 1979 became the first African-American woman to attain General office rank in American military history. Under her tenure, the Army Nurse Corps continued to improve standards of education and training. Among her awards and honors, Johnson received the Distinguished Service Medal and the Meritorious Service Medal. Journal of Library Administration Article for possible Publication Board Chair Mantra Henderson and I presented a poster session on the Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research project at the American Library Association 2015 Annual Conference in San Francisco, CA. The session was well attended with questions and comments from many conference attendees. Gary Pitkin, Editor, Journal of Library Administration, has contacted me regarding converting the poster session into an article for possible publication into the Journal of Library Administration. The Journal of Library Administration is peer-reviewed, published by Taylor and Francis, and publishes articles and columns informing librarians and other information professionals about leadership, management, evaluation, assessment, marketing and more to promote organizational success. We have reviewed the information related to author's rights and copyright and will have a draft article to Gary by December 15th. Stay tuned! Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 800-999-8558, ext. 4820 404-702-5854 Skype: sandra.phoenix1 1438 West Peachtree NW Suite 200 Atlanta,GA 30309 Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS) Fax: 404.892.7879 www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/> Honor the ancestors, honor the children.
JF
Jamaal Fisher
Wed, Sep 2, 2015 8:28 PM

Congratulations also to Sandra and Mantra on the invitation you received from the Journal of Library Administration to publish an article on your work Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research. I continue to find inspiration and draw strength from the high value contributions of all the members of our Alliance.

Have a magical day!

Jamaal Fisher, M.L.S.|Reference & Circulation Librarian, Instructor
Hollis F. Price Library|LeMoyne-Owen College
901-435-1355| "Leadership. Opportunity. Change."

[...]

Congratulations also to Sandra and Mantra on the invitation you received from the Journal of Library Administration to publish an article on your work Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research. I continue to find inspiration and draw strength from the high value contributions of all the members of our Alliance. Have a magical day! Jamaal Fisher, M.L.S.|Reference & Circulation Librarian, Instructor Hollis F. Price Library|LeMoyne-Owen College 901-435-1355| "Leadership. Opportunity. Change." ________________________________________ From: hbcu-lib-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org [hbcu-lib-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] on behalf of Sandra Phoenix [sphoenix@hbculibraries.org] Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 7:34 AM To: 'Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org' Subject: Journal of Library Administration Article for Possible Publication: Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research Greetings Colleagues, I trust you’re well. Today I’m celebrating Hazel W. Johnson, who in 1979 became the first African-American woman to attain General office rank in American military history. Under her tenure, the Army Nurse Corps continued to improve standards of education and training. Among her awards and honors, Johnson received the Distinguished Service Medal and the Meritorious Service Medal. Journal of Library Administration Article for possible Publication Board Chair Mantra Henderson and I presented a poster session on the Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research project at the American Library Association 2015 Annual Conference in San Francisco, CA. The session was well attended with questions and comments from many conference attendees. Gary Pitkin, Editor, Journal of Library Administration, has contacted me regarding converting the poster session into an article for possible publication into the Journal of Library Administration. The Journal of Library Administration is peer-reviewed, published by Taylor and Francis, and publishes articles and columns informing librarians and other information professionals about leadership, management, evaluation, assessment, marketing and more to promote organizational success. We have reviewed the information related to author’s rights and copyright and will have a draft article to Gary by December 15th. Stay tuned! Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 800-999-8558, ext. 4820 404-702-5854 Skype: sandra.phoenix1 1438 West Peachtree NW Suite 200 Atlanta,GA 30309 Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS) Fax: 404.892.7879 www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/> Honor the ancestors, honor the children.
RM
Rhue, Monika
Thu, Sep 3, 2015 2:02 PM

Once again, a great example of the work/team work of the HBCU Library Alliance. Great job!

Monika Rhue

Once again, a great example of the work/team work of the HBCU Library Alliance. Great job! Monika Rhue From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Farrar, Rinalda Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 8:41 AM To: Sandra Phoenix; 'Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: RE: Journal of Library Administration Article for Possible Publication: Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research OUTSTANDING!!!!! Congratulations! Dr. Rinalda Farrar Director, Library Services Inman E. Page Library Lincoln University (MO) From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org> [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Phoenix Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 7:34 AM To: 'Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: Journal of Library Administration Article for Possible Publication: Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research Greetings Colleagues, I trust you're well. Today I'm celebrating Hazel W. Johnson, who in 1979 became the first African-American woman to attain General office rank in American military history. Under her tenure, the Army Nurse Corps continued to improve standards of education and training. Among her awards and honors, Johnson received the Distinguished Service Medal and the Meritorious Service Medal. Journal of Library Administration Article for possible Publication Board Chair Mantra Henderson and I presented a poster session on the Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research project at the American Library Association 2015 Annual Conference in San Francisco, CA. The session was well attended with questions and comments from many conference attendees. Gary Pitkin, Editor, Journal of Library Administration, has contacted me regarding converting the poster session into an article for possible publication into the Journal of Library Administration. The Journal of Library Administration is peer-reviewed, published by Taylor and Francis, and publishes articles and columns informing librarians and other information professionals about leadership, management, evaluation, assessment, marketing and more to promote organizational success. We have reviewed the information related to author's rights and copyright and will have a draft article to Gary by December 15th. Stay tuned! Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 800-999-8558, ext. 4820 404-702-5854 Skype: sandra.phoenix1 1438 West Peachtree NW Suite 200 Atlanta,GA 30309 Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS) Fax: 404.892.7879 www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/> Honor the ancestors, honor the children.