FW: Statement on Governor Nixon's Higher Education Funding Plan

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Sep 22, 2015 12:37 PM

From: Young, Misty [mailto:YoungM@lincolnu.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 4:02 PM
Subject: Statement on Governor Nixon's Higher Education Funding Plan

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT MISTY YOUNG

(573) 681-6032

September 21, 2015

STATEMENT ON GOVERNOR NIXON'S HIGHER EDUCATION FUNDING PLAN

Jefferson City, MO- "Any increase in funding to higher education is to be applauded, as it provides greater opportunities for the academic and co-curricular activities our institutions need to prepare tomorrow's leaders.  Lincoln University has, for years, worked to provide a full collegiate experience at one of the most affordable costs in this state to our students," says Lincoln University Dr. Kevin D. Rome.  "As we move forward into the new legislative session, we look forward to working with Governor Nixon and both chambers to ensure Lincoln University and all public institutions receive adequate funding to continue our legacy of providing a quality education to those who seek it, while still offering a great value as it relates to the cost of a college education."

Misty Young
Director, Office of University Relations
573-681-6032
www.lincolnu.eduhttp://www.lincolnu.edu/
[150signature]

From: Young, Misty [mailto:YoungM@lincolnu.edu] Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 4:02 PM Subject: Statement on Governor Nixon's Higher Education Funding Plan FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT MISTY YOUNG (573) 681-6032 September 21, 2015 STATEMENT ON GOVERNOR NIXON'S HIGHER EDUCATION FUNDING PLAN Jefferson City, MO- "Any increase in funding to higher education is to be applauded, as it provides greater opportunities for the academic and co-curricular activities our institutions need to prepare tomorrow's leaders. Lincoln University has, for years, worked to provide a full collegiate experience at one of the most affordable costs in this state to our students," says Lincoln University Dr. Kevin D. Rome. "As we move forward into the new legislative session, we look forward to working with Governor Nixon and both chambers to ensure Lincoln University and all public institutions receive adequate funding to continue our legacy of providing a quality education to those who seek it, while still offering a great value as it relates to the cost of a college education." ### Misty Young Director, Office of University Relations 573-681-6032 www.lincolnu.edu<http://www.lincolnu.edu/> [150signature]