FW: [Everyone] Media Advisory: Morris College to extend Spring Break; faculty and staff to report to work

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Thu, Mar 12, 2020 8:29 PM

From: Janet Clayton [mailto:jclayton@morris.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 4:27 PM
To: Sandra Phoenix sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
Subject: FW: [Everyone] Media Advisory: Morris College to extend Spring Break; faculty and staff to report to work

FYI,
Janet Clayton,
Morris College
Director of LRC

From: Everyone@morris.edumailto:Everyone@morris.edu [mailto:Everyone@morris.edu] On Behalf Of Publications
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 12:48 PM
To: Everyone@morris.edumailto:Everyone@morris.edu; everyone@student.morris.edumailto:everyone@student.morris.edu

Morris College to extend Spring Break; faculty and staff to report to work
Morris College extends Spring Break March 16-23

As we continue to monitor the spread of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), our first priority is the health, welfare, and safety of our students, faculty, staff and community. The Emergency Management Team continues to work closely with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control and Centers for Disease Control. Effective immediately:

·        Spring Break will be extended for the week (March 16 – 23) and no classes will be held.

·        All campus events from March 16 -23 will be canceled.

·      Residence halls will reopen Monday, March 23 at 8:00 a.m., classes will resume at 10:00 a.m.

·        All athletic events scheduled for the week (March 16 -23) will be canceled.

·        All faculty and staff are required to report to work during this time (March 16-23).

We at Morris College understand that the coronavirus is an evolving global situation and we strongly encourage you to stay abreast of updates by visiting the COVID-19 link on our website. This is a rapidly changing health issue and we will continue to provide updates as quickly as possible when additional information becomes available.

Janet F. Clayton
Director, Learning Resources Center
100 West College Street
Sumter, SC 29151-3599
(803)934-3246 or 934-3230
Fax: (803)778-2923

jclayton@morris.edumailto:jclayton@morris.edu

Title III, Activity 4
Academic Programs and Instructional Resources
(Library, Instructional Labs, Graphic Center & Faculty Development)

"Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.” Mark 16:15

From: Janet Clayton [mailto:jclayton@morris.edu] Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 4:27 PM To: Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Subject: FW: [Everyone] Media Advisory: Morris College to extend Spring Break; faculty and staff to report to work FYI, Janet Clayton, Morris College Director of LRC From: Everyone@morris.edu<mailto:Everyone@morris.edu> [mailto:Everyone@morris.edu] On Behalf Of Publications Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 12:48 PM To: Everyone@morris.edu<mailto:Everyone@morris.edu>; everyone@student.morris.edu<mailto:everyone@student.morris.edu> Subject: [Everyone] Media Advisory: Morris College to extend Spring Break; faculty and staff to report to work Morris College to extend Spring Break; faculty and staff to report to work Morris College extends Spring Break March 16-23 As we continue to monitor the spread of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), our first priority is the health, welfare, and safety of our students, faculty, staff and community. The Emergency Management Team continues to work closely with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control and Centers for Disease Control. Effective immediately: · Spring Break will be extended for the week (March 16 – 23) and no classes will be held. · All campus events from March 16 -23 will be canceled. · Residence halls will reopen Monday, March 23 at 8:00 a.m., classes will resume at 10:00 a.m. · All athletic events scheduled for the week (March 16 -23) will be canceled. · All faculty and staff are required to report to work during this time (March 16-23). We at Morris College understand that the coronavirus is an evolving global situation and we strongly encourage you to stay abreast of updates by visiting the COVID-19 link on our website. This is a rapidly changing health issue and we will continue to provide updates as quickly as possible when additional information becomes available. Janet F. Clayton Director, Learning Resources Center 100 West College Street Sumter, SC 29151-3599 (803)934-3246 or 934-3230 Fax: (803)778-2923 jclayton@morris.edu<mailto:jclayton@morris.edu> Title III, Activity 4 Academic Programs and Instructional Resources (Library, Instructional Labs, Graphic Center & Faculty Development) "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.” Mark 16:15