FW: [Everyone] Morris College complies with Governor's Order; Extends Spring Break

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Mar 17, 2020 7:57 PM

From: Janet Clayton [mailto:jclayton@morris.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 3:16 PM
To: Sandra Phoenix sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
Subject: FW: [Everyone] Morris College complies with Governor's Order; Extends Spring Break

As of 1:00pm today:

PRESS RELEASE

    [cid:image002.png@01D5FC74.C7B743E0]

CONTACT INFORMATION:
Office of the President
Communications Director
Jacqueline Sturdivant
803-934-3271
jsturdivant@morris.edumailto:jsturdivant@morris.edu
March 17, 2020

Morris College complies with Governor’s Order; Extends Spring Break
Morris College continues extended Spring Break through March 31, 2020.

At this time, Morris College has decided to continue with the Extended Spring Break schedule until Tuesday, March 31, 2020, in accordance with South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster’s order concerning higher education institutions. The extension will allow the College additional time to assess the pandemic as more information is shared from local, state, and national entities. The Emergency Management Team continues to work closely with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC), the Centers for Disease Control(CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Effective immediately:

  • We will continue with the extended Spring Break, with no face to face instruction.
  • All campus events are canceled.
  • The spring 2020 sports season has been canceled.

We at Morris College understand that the coronavirus is an evolving global situation, and we strongly encourage you to stay abreast of updates by visiting the COVID-19 link on our website. COVID-19 is a rapidly changing health issue, and we will continue to provide updates as quickly as possible when additional information becomes available.

Janet F. Clayton
Director, Learning Resources Center
100 West College Street
Sumter, SC 29151-3599
(803)934-3246 or 934-3230
Fax: (803)778-2923

jclayton@morris.edumailto:jclayton@morris.edu

Title III, Activity 4
Academic Programs and Instructional Resources
(Library, Instructional Labs, Graphic Center & Faculty Development)

"Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.” Mark 16:15

From: Janet Clayton [mailto:jclayton@morris.edu] Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 3:16 PM To: Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Subject: FW: [Everyone] Morris College complies with Governor's Order; Extends Spring Break As of 1:00pm today: PRESS RELEASE [cid:image002.png@01D5FC74.C7B743E0] CONTACT INFORMATION: Office of the President Communications Director Jacqueline Sturdivant 803-934-3271 jsturdivant@morris.edu<mailto:jsturdivant@morris.edu> March 17, 2020 Morris College complies with Governor’s Order; Extends Spring Break Morris College continues extended Spring Break through March 31, 2020. At this time, Morris College has decided to continue with the Extended Spring Break schedule until Tuesday, March 31, 2020, in accordance with South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster’s order concerning higher education institutions. The extension will allow the College additional time to assess the pandemic as more information is shared from local, state, and national entities. The Emergency Management Team continues to work closely with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC), the Centers for Disease Control(CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO). Effective immediately: * We will continue with the extended Spring Break, with no face to face instruction. * All campus events are canceled. * The spring 2020 sports season has been canceled. We at Morris College understand that the coronavirus is an evolving global situation, and we strongly encourage you to stay abreast of updates by visiting the COVID-19 link on our website. COVID-19 is a rapidly changing health issue, and we will continue to provide updates as quickly as possible when additional information becomes available. ### Janet F. Clayton Director, Learning Resources Center 100 West College Street Sumter, SC 29151-3599 (803)934-3246 or 934-3230 Fax: (803)778-2923 jclayton@morris.edu<mailto:jclayton@morris.edu> Title III, Activity 4 Academic Programs and Instructional Resources (Library, Instructional Labs, Graphic Center & Faculty Development) "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.” Mark 16:15