FW: Read + Share: Immediate Release | HBCU Librarian Publishes New Blog

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Mon, Feb 23, 2015 1:43 PM

From: kYmberly Keeton [mailto:kreativejournalist@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:38 PM
To: kYmberly Keeton
Subject: Read + Share: Immediate Release | HBCU Librarian Publishes New Blog

Immediate Release
Academic Art Librarian/Assistant Professor at Lincoln University – MO Debuts Blog: Blackness Personified, The Chronicles of an HBCU Librarian
​First-year librarian, kYmberly Keeton at Lincoln University – MO has created a new blog to document her experiences as an Academic Art Librarian and Assistant Professor. The blog features her work in information literacy, public art programming, and presentations. As an HBCU Librarian, Keeton states that she wants to highlight the ups and downs in her career and to continue the legacy of several writers at Lincoln University that made a major difference. “I believe that it is imperative to show through writing and visual depictions of what I go through as a librarian with the world. My first blog,Digibooklibrarian was a major success and received national awards while I was in graduate school, and I hope that this new initiative will receive the same amount attention in my profession.”
Keeton accepted her new position at Lincoln University in October of 2014, and within that short time she has established the Josephine Silone Yates Literary Author Series, obtained new African American e-books by writers from the Harlem Renaissance for students to download for free, and obtained a one-year film license for students and faculty to view and discuss the film: Through A Lens Darkly. Earlier this month, the librarian presented her research about HBCU Librarians Creating Information Literacy Toolkits: Undergraduate Research at the Empirical Librarians Conference at North Carolina A&T State University. In addition, Keeton teaches two courses including Information Literacy and Collection Development at Lincoln University. The librarian is in the process of creating the first LU Information Literacy Toolkit that will debut online for faculty and students in the fall of 2015.
kYmberly Keeton is the National Secretary of the Black Caucus of the American Library Association, and serves on the Literacy and Outreach Advisory Services Committee for the American Library Association. As a writer, blogger, and professional journalist, her works have been published nationally. In like manner, the librarian is a creative writer-artist, avid reader, and advocate for change. In her own words she says with pride, “I’m rebelling against being handed a career, like, “You’re the next this; you’re the next that.” I’m not the next anything, I’m the first me.”

Visit the librarian’s blog monthly here:
http://www.thehbculibrarian.wordpress.com

--
[http://americanart.si.edu/images/1969/1969.47.24_1a.jpg]
"The Library"

Writer | Academic Librarian | Assistant Professor, M.L.S.
Lincoln University, Inman E. Page Library

Visit. Read. Comment. Share.
My Creative Worldhttp://www.kreativeyoungmillionaire.net : My Professional Portfoliohttp://www.kymberlykeeton.wordpress.com : My Art Journalhttp://www.artlibrarydeco.wordpress.com
The Literary Osmosis: Black Themes, Black Dreams, Black Heroeshttp://www.literaryosmosis.wordpress.com
"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." -John W. Gardner

From: kYmberly Keeton [mailto:kreativejournalist@gmail.com] Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:38 PM To: kYmberly Keeton Subject: Read + Share: Immediate Release | HBCU Librarian Publishes New Blog Immediate Release Academic Art Librarian/Assistant Professor at Lincoln University – MO Debuts Blog: Blackness Personified, The Chronicles of an HBCU Librarian ​First-year librarian, kYmberly Keeton at Lincoln University – MO has created a new blog to document her experiences as an Academic Art Librarian and Assistant Professor. The blog features her work in information literacy, public art programming, and presentations. As an HBCU Librarian, Keeton states that she wants to highlight the ups and downs in her career and to continue the legacy of several writers at Lincoln University that made a major difference. “I believe that it is imperative to show through writing and visual depictions of what I go through as a librarian with the world. My first blog,Digibooklibrarian was a major success and received national awards while I was in graduate school, and I hope that this new initiative will receive the same amount attention in my profession.” Keeton accepted her new position at Lincoln University in October of 2014, and within that short time she has established the Josephine Silone Yates Literary Author Series, obtained new African American e-books by writers from the Harlem Renaissance for students to download for free, and obtained a one-year film license for students and faculty to view and discuss the film: Through A Lens Darkly. Earlier this month, the librarian presented her research about HBCU Librarians Creating Information Literacy Toolkits: Undergraduate Research at the Empirical Librarians Conference at North Carolina A&T State University. In addition, Keeton teaches two courses including Information Literacy and Collection Development at Lincoln University. The librarian is in the process of creating the first LU Information Literacy Toolkit that will debut online for faculty and students in the fall of 2015. kYmberly Keeton is the National Secretary of the Black Caucus of the American Library Association, and serves on the Literacy and Outreach Advisory Services Committee for the American Library Association. As a writer, blogger, and professional journalist, her works have been published nationally. In like manner, the librarian is a creative writer-artist, avid reader, and advocate for change. In her own words she says with pride, “I’m rebelling against being handed a career, like, “You’re the next this; you’re the next that.” I’m not the next anything, I’m the first me.” Visit the librarian’s blog monthly here: http://www.thehbculibrarian.wordpress.com -- [http://americanart.si.edu/images/1969/1969.47.24_1a.jpg] "The Library" --Jacob Lawrence kreative Young millionaire Writer | Academic Librarian | Assistant Professor, M.L.S. Lincoln University, Inman E. Page Library Visit. Read. Comment. Share. My Creative World<http://www.kreativeyoungmillionaire.net> : My Professional Portfolio<http://www.kymberlykeeton.wordpress.com> : My Art Journal<http://www.artlibrarydeco.wordpress.com> The Literary Osmosis: Black Themes, Black Dreams, Black Heroes<http://www.literaryosmosis.wordpress.com> "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." -John W. Gardner