FW: Dr. James Parham Obituary & Service

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Mon, Jan 6, 2020 5:45 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

I trust you’re well. Carolyn Hart at the AUC Woodruff Library shares the message below regarding the passing of Dr. James Parham, husband of AUC Woodruff Library CEO and Library Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham.

Please keep the Parham family in your prayers.  An expression of sympathy will be shared with the family.

Humbly,

Sandra

SANDRA M. PHOENIX
HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director
Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive SW
Atlanta GA 30314
404-978-2118 (office)
404-702-5854 (cell)
http://www.hbculibraries.orghttp://www.hbculibraries.org/
sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
Honor the ancestors, honor the children and those yet to come.

Building Capacity for Humanities Special Collections at HBCUs – Become an ally and partner with us to protect, preserve and share a more authentic record of American history. Follow this link http://hbculibraries.org/humanities-2019.html for more information.  Follow this link http://hbculibraries.org/ and click on the Donate Now button to invest in this project. Your support is appreciated.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter at https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance

Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/

From: Carolyn Hart
Sent: Monday, January 6, 2020 11:24 AM
To: All-Staff all-staff@auctr.edu
Subject: Dr. James Parham Obituary & Service

It is with heavy hearts that we mourn the passing of Dr. James Parham, husband of our CEO and Library Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham.  He transitioned on December 30, 2019.

Dr. Parham, a commissioned officer of the U.S. Army, was dedicated to graduate education and a big supporter of HBCU students. He served as a professor and Dean of Business at several colleges including University of Pittsburgh, Hampton University and Troy State University. Dr. Parham was also a part of the AUC Woodruff Library family and one of our most passionate champions!

A cremation memorial service for Dr. Parham will be held on Friday, January 10 at 11 a.m. at Friendship Baptist Church, located at 80 Walnut Street, Atlanta, GA 30314.

Please keep the Parham family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Please reference the link below for additional information on Dr. Parham’s life and legacy and to express condolences.  The family has requested that donations be made to the Library in lieu of flowers.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/saratogian/obituary.aspx?n=james-b-parham&pid=194908838&fhid=32119

Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. chart@auctr.edumailto:9chart@auctr.edu
Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications

Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia  30314
Office:  (404) 978-2005  Fax:  (404) 577-5158

Our Vision:
"To reflect the excellence of our member institutions
by being the First and Best Choice for our users..."

Greetings Colleagues, I trust you’re well. Carolyn Hart at the AUC Woodruff Library shares the message below regarding the passing of Dr. James Parham, husband of AUC Woodruff Library CEO and Library Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham. Please keep the Parham family in your prayers. An expression of sympathy will be shared with the family. Humbly, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta GA 30314 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) http://www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Honor the ancestors, honor the children and those yet to come. Building Capacity for Humanities Special Collections at HBCUs – Become an ally and partner with us to protect, preserve and share a more authentic record of American history. Follow this link http://hbculibraries.org/humanities-2019.html for more information. Follow this link http://hbculibraries.org/ and click on the Donate Now button to invest in this project. Your support is appreciated. Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter at https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/ From: Carolyn Hart Sent: Monday, January 6, 2020 11:24 AM To: All-Staff <all-staff@auctr.edu> Subject: Dr. James Parham Obituary & Service It is with heavy hearts that we mourn the passing of Dr. James Parham, husband of our CEO and Library Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham. He transitioned on December 30, 2019. Dr. Parham, a commissioned officer of the U.S. Army, was dedicated to graduate education and a big supporter of HBCU students. He served as a professor and Dean of Business at several colleges including University of Pittsburgh, Hampton University and Troy State University. Dr. Parham was also a part of the AUC Woodruff Library family and one of our most passionate champions! A cremation memorial service for Dr. Parham will be held on Friday, January 10 at 11 a.m. at Friendship Baptist Church, located at 80 Walnut Street, Atlanta, GA 30314. Please keep the Parham family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Please reference the link below for additional information on Dr. Parham’s life and legacy and to express condolences. The family has requested that donations be made to the Library in lieu of flowers. https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/saratogian/obituary.aspx?n=james-b-parham&pid=194908838&fhid=32119 Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. chart@auctr.edu<mailto:9chart@auctr.edu> Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia 30314 Office: (404) 978-2005 Fax: (404) 577-5158 Our Vision: "To reflect the excellence of our member institutions by being the First and Best Choice for our users..."