FW: FREE ARCHIVE-IT opportunity FW: Join our free Community History Web Archiving Program

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 2:38 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

I trust you’re well. Phyllis Earles, Prairie View A&M University (TX), shares the following program information.

Take good care,

Sandra

From: tdl-watxig-request@utlists.utexas.edumailto:tdl-watxig-request@utlists.utexas.edu <tdl-watxig-request@utlists.utexas.edumailto:tdl-watxig-request@utlists.utexas.edu> On Behalf Of Mumma, Courtney C
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 4:16 PM
To: tdl-watxig@utlists.utexas.edumailto:tdl-watxig@utlists.utexas.edu
Subject: FREE ARCHIVE-IT opportunity FW: Join our free Community History Web Archiving Program

Hello all – Please share widely, especially with those Texas institutions who wish to have a web archiving program but do not have the resources. This is an exciting opportunity, and any Texas institutions who were selected would also have the support of the small but mighty group of Texas web archiving colleagues in this group.

Kindly,
Courtney

Courtney C. Mumma, MAS/MLIS she, her(s) pronouncehttps://nmdrp.me/courtneymumma
TDL Deputy Director, c.mumma@austin.utexas.edumailto:c.mumma@austin.utexas.edu

From: Lori Donovan <lori@ARCHIVE.ORGmailto:lori@ARCHIVE.ORG>
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 9:07 AM
To: "DLF-ANNOUNCE@LISTS.CLIR.ORGmailto:DLF-ANNOUNCE@LISTS.CLIR.ORG" <DLF-ANNOUNCE@LISTS.CLIR.ORGmailto:DLF-ANNOUNCE@LISTS.CLIR.ORG>

Hello all,
I hope this finds you well.  We are excited to announce that the Internet Archive has an open call for applicationshttp://blog.archive.org/2021/06/10/community-webs-seeks-applicants-from-the-us-canada-and-around-the-world/ for Community Webshttps://communitywebs.archive-it.org/, our community-based web archiving program for public libraries and cultural heritage organizations. US-based public library participants are fully funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; there is no cost to participating organizations.
Community Webs empowers cultural heritage organizations to build community-focused web archives documenting local and underrepresented histories. The program offers free web archiving services and technical support via a multi-year subscription to Archive-It, as well as resources for networking, professional development and in support of scholarly research. We currently have over 100 participants from across the US, and we're continuing to expand, especially in states and regions that do not yet have members, to make the program truly representative of our country as a whole. Some examples of what our participants have been up to include:

The deadline for applications is August 2, 2021. We really hope you’ll Applyhttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScDWeJ1YwpWN9APcP9FbOZIsnYV7K3mNkZw7oEFvCeGHNgOhQ/viewform.

Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you have questions. And please pass this along to anyone you think might be interested in the program.
Thanks very much!
Lori
Lori Donovan (she/her)
Community Programs Manager, Web Archiving & Data Services
Internet Archive
lori@archive.orgmailto:lori@archive.org

This message is from an external sender. Learn more about why this matters.https://ut.service-now.com/sp?id=kb_article&number=KB0011401

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please notify me by telephone or via return e-mail and delete this e-mail with all information from your system.

Greetings Colleagues, I trust you’re well. Phyllis Earles, Prairie View A&M University (TX), shares the following program information. Take good care, Sandra From: tdl-watxig-request@utlists.utexas.edu<mailto:tdl-watxig-request@utlists.utexas.edu> <tdl-watxig-request@utlists.utexas.edu<mailto:tdl-watxig-request@utlists.utexas.edu>> On Behalf Of Mumma, Courtney C Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 4:16 PM To: tdl-watxig@utlists.utexas.edu<mailto:tdl-watxig@utlists.utexas.edu> Subject: FREE ARCHIVE-IT opportunity FW: Join our free Community History Web Archiving Program Hello all – Please share widely, especially with those Texas institutions who wish to have a web archiving program but do not have the resources. This is an exciting opportunity, and any Texas institutions who were selected would also have the support of the small but mighty group of Texas web archiving colleagues in this group. Kindly, Courtney Courtney C. Mumma, MAS/MLIS she, her(s) pronounce<https://nmdrp.me/courtneymumma> TDL Deputy Director, c.mumma@austin.utexas.edu<mailto:c.mumma@austin.utexas.edu> From: Lori Donovan <lori@ARCHIVE.ORG<mailto:lori@ARCHIVE.ORG>> Reply-To: Lori Donovan <lori@ARCHIVE.ORG<mailto:lori@ARCHIVE.ORG>> Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 9:07 AM To: "DLF-ANNOUNCE@LISTS.CLIR.ORG<mailto:DLF-ANNOUNCE@LISTS.CLIR.ORG>" <DLF-ANNOUNCE@LISTS.CLIR.ORG<mailto:DLF-ANNOUNCE@LISTS.CLIR.ORG>> Subject: Join our free Community History Web Archiving Program Hello all, I hope this finds you well. We are excited to announce that the Internet Archive has an open call for applications<http://blog.archive.org/2021/06/10/community-webs-seeks-applicants-from-the-us-canada-and-around-the-world/> for Community Webs<https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/>, our community-based web archiving program for public libraries and cultural heritage organizations. US-based public library participants are fully funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; there is no cost to participating organizations. Community Webs empowers cultural heritage organizations to build community-focused web archives documenting local and underrepresented histories. The program offers free web archiving services and technical support via a multi-year subscription to Archive-It, as well as resources for networking, professional development and in support of scholarly research. We currently have over 100 participants from across the US, and we're continuing to expand, especially in states and regions that do not yet have members, to make the program truly representative of our country as a whole. Some examples of what our participants have been up to include: * The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture @ NYPL<https://archive-it.org/home/schomburgcenter> collections on the #Syllabus Movement and other aspects of the Black experience in the US. * Athens Regional Library System<https://archive-it.org/home/ARLS> collections on local contemporary art, music, literature and food culture, as well as local politics and community activism. * The East Baton Rouge Parish Library<https://archive-it.org/organizations/1153> collections on local Mardi Gras celebrations, police violence and demonstrations, and COVID-19. You can find out more about the program on the Community Webs website<https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/about.html> and by viewing our program announcements<https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/news.html>. We are now accepting applications to join our next cohort kicking off in late-Summer 2021. The deadline for applications is August 2, 2021. We really hope you’ll Apply<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScDWeJ1YwpWN9APcP9FbOZIsnYV7K3mNkZw7oEFvCeGHNgOhQ/viewform>. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you have questions. And please pass this along to anyone you think might be interested in the program. Thanks very much! Lori Lori Donovan (she/her) Community Programs Manager, Web Archiving & Data Services Internet Archive lori@archive.org<mailto:lori@archive.org> This message is from an external sender. Learn more about why this matters.<https://ut.service-now.com/sp?id=kb_article&number=KB0011401> ________________________________ to manage your DLF-ANNOUNCE subscription, visit diglib.org/announce<http://diglib.org/announce> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please notify me by telephone or via return e-mail and delete this e-mail with all information from your system.