Questions to Distribution - Dr. Janice Peyton, Texas Southern University

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Fri, Aug 5, 2016 12:00 PM

Colleagues,

I trust you're well. Dr. Janice Peyton forwards the questions listed below.  Please respond to the list.

Thanks so much.

Sandra

From: Peyton, Janice L. [mailto:Janice.Peyton@TSU.EDU]
Sent: Friday, August 5, 2016 7:58 AM
To: Sandra Phoenix sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
Subject: Questions - Texas Southern University

We have a discussion on campus about remote access to licensed databases.  How is that handled at your universities?  How do you define "authorized users"?  Currently enrolled students?  Do students who are between sessions (summer, after December holidays, etc.) have access?  Do students, for instance who were last enrolled in 2014 have remote access? Thanks...jlp

Colleagues, I trust you're well. Dr. Janice Peyton forwards the questions listed below. Please respond to the list. Thanks so much. Sandra From: Peyton, Janice L. [mailto:Janice.Peyton@TSU.EDU] Sent: Friday, August 5, 2016 7:58 AM To: Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Subject: Questions - Texas Southern University We have a discussion on campus about remote access to licensed databases. How is that handled at your universities? How do you define "authorized users"? Currently enrolled students? Do students who are between sessions (summer, after December holidays, etc.) have access? Do students, for instance who were last enrolled in 2014 have remote access? Thanks...jlp
CR
Castro, Rita E
Fri, Aug 5, 2016 1:55 PM

Only currently enrolled students have access, not sure when automation librarian cuts off access after the end of the semester. A proxy server is used to authenticate as pricing model is based on enrollment.

Rita Castro
Associate Professor
Library Department Chair

St. Philip's College Library