Welcome Robert Miller, HBCU Library Alliance Board Member/LYRASIS CEO

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Jun 23, 2015 5:26 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

I trust you're well.  Today I'm celebrating abolitionist Frederick Douglass, who in 1888 received one vote from the Kentucky delegation at the Republican convention in Chicago, effectively making him the first African-American candidate nominated for U.S. president.

Robert Miller, new LYRASIS CEO

Join me in welcoming Robert Miller to LYRASIS and the HBCU Library Alliance! Robert comes to LYRASIS from Internet Archive, where his team created a global digital library currently accessed by more than 300 million people each year. Robert's team developed standards, tools, services and training to unite disparate content communities to serve not just local institutions, but a global community of digital scholars and citizens.

Yesterday, with great excitement, I shared with Robert the successes and challenges of the HBCU Library Alliance.  As he is assuming Kate Nevins' ex-officio Board position, our discussion focused on Alliance projects, mission and message, future considerations and critical sustainability issues. Robert is ready and willing to share his skills and experiences to advance our mission.  I look forward to his involvement with the Board of Directors.

If you're attending ALA, Robert will be at the LYRASIS booth #2341 on Friday, June 26 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm PT. I'm sure he would enjoy meeting you!

Send your welcome message to Robert through this list or to:

Robert Miller

robert.miller@lyrasis.orgmailto:robert.miller@lyrasis.org?subject=Robert%20Miller%2C%20LYRASIS%20CEO

Office: 404.892.7879

Toll Free: 800.999.8558 x 4898

Cell: 404.372.6510

Respectfully,

Sandra

SANDRA M. PHOENIX
Executive Director
HBCU Library Alliance
sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
www.hbculibraries.orghttp://www.hbculibraries.org/
800-999-8558, ext. 4820
404-702-5854
Skype: sandra.phoenix1

1438 West Peachtree NW
Suite 200
Atlanta,GA 30309
Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS)
Fax: 404.892.7879
www.lyrasis.orghttp://www.lyrasis.org/
Honor the ancestors, honor the children.

[...]
ML
Mantra L Henderson
Tue, Jun 23, 2015 5:49 PM

As incoming Board Chair, I want to echo the sentiments of our Executive Director in welcoming Robert Miller to LYRASIS and the HBCU Library Alliance! It is with much enthusiasm that I look forward to working with Robert Miller as we strive to advance the mission of the Alliance, be it through our excellent leadership development program, the preservation of our rich archival collections and planning for the sustainability of the Alliance. I ask the board members and the membership in general, to join with me in welcoming Robert to the HBCU Library Alliance and the HBCU community at large. We are transforming HBCU libraries for tomorrow while preserving our past.

Mantra Henderson, MLIS
Director of Library Services
James H. White Library
Mississippi Valley State University
14000 Highway 82 W. MVSU 5232
Itta Bena, MS 38941
(office)662-254-3494
(fax) 662-254-3499

[...]

As incoming Board Chair, I want to echo the sentiments of our Executive Director in welcoming Robert Miller to LYRASIS and the HBCU Library Alliance! It is with much enthusiasm that I look forward to working with Robert Miller as we strive to advance the mission of the Alliance, be it through our excellent leadership development program, the preservation of our rich archival collections and planning for the sustainability of the Alliance. I ask the board members and the membership in general, to join with me in welcoming Robert to the HBCU Library Alliance and the HBCU community at large. We are transforming HBCU libraries for tomorrow while preserving our past. Mantra Henderson, MLIS Director of Library Services James H. White Library Mississippi Valley State University 14000 Highway 82 W. MVSU 5232 Itta Bena, MS 38941 (office)662-254-3494 (fax) 662-254-3499 From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Phoenix Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 12:26 PM To: 'Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: Welcome Robert Miller, HBCU Library Alliance Board Member/LYRASIS CEO Importance: High Greetings Colleagues, I trust you're well. Today I'm celebrating abolitionist Frederick Douglass, who in 1888 received one vote from the Kentucky delegation at the Republican convention in Chicago, effectively making him the first African-American candidate nominated for U.S. president. Robert Miller, new LYRASIS CEO Join me in welcoming Robert Miller to LYRASIS and the HBCU Library Alliance! Robert comes to LYRASIS from Internet Archive, where his team created a global digital library currently accessed by more than 300 million people each year. Robert's team developed standards, tools, services and training to unite disparate content communities to serve not just local institutions, but a global community of digital scholars and citizens. Yesterday, with great excitement, I shared with Robert the successes and challenges of the HBCU Library Alliance. As he is assuming Kate Nevins' ex-officio Board position, our discussion focused on Alliance projects, mission and message, future considerations and critical sustainability issues. Robert is ready and willing to share his skills and experiences to advance our mission. I look forward to his involvement with the Board of Directors. If you're attending ALA, Robert will be at the LYRASIS booth #2341 on Friday, June 26 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm PT. I'm sure he would enjoy meeting you! Send your welcome message to Robert through this list or to: Robert Miller robert.miller@lyrasis.org<mailto:robert.miller@lyrasis.org?subject=Robert%20Miller%2C%20LYRASIS%20CEO> Office: 404.892.7879 Toll Free: 800.999.8558 x 4898 Cell: 404.372.6510 Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 800-999-8558, ext. 4820 404-702-5854 Skype: sandra.phoenix1 1438 West Peachtree NW Suite 200 Atlanta,GA 30309 Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS) Fax: 404.892.7879 www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/> Honor the ancestors, honor the children.
HC
Henderson, Cynthia L.
Tue, Jun 23, 2015 5:50 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone

As a member of the Board of Trustees of LYRASIS who were ultimately responsible for hiring Robert as the new CEO, I feel that Robert was an excellent choice and that he will bring a lot to the position.  I believe that the he will be supportive and collaborative as well with the HBCU Library Alliance.

Cynthia L. Henderson, MILS, AHIP
Executive Director
Louis Stokes Health Sciences Library
Howard University
501 W Street, NW
Washington, DC 20059
cynthia.henderson@howard.edumailto:cynthia.henderson@howard.edu
202.884.1723 voice
202.884.1733 fax
http://hsl.howard.edu/

[...]

No SPF - Sender domain does not have a valid SPF, Possible SPAM

Good Afternoon Everyone As a member of the Board of Trustees of LYRASIS who were ultimately responsible for hiring Robert as the new CEO, I feel that Robert was an excellent choice and that he will bring a lot to the position. I believe that the he will be supportive and collaborative as well with the HBCU Library Alliance. Cynthia L. Henderson, MILS, AHIP Executive Director Louis Stokes Health Sciences Library Howard University 501 W Street, NW Washington, DC 20059 cynthia.henderson@howard.edu<mailto:cynthia.henderson@howard.edu> 202.884.1723 voice 202.884.1733 fax http://hsl.howard.edu/ From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Phoenix Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 1:26 PM To: 'Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: Welcome Robert Miller, HBCU Library Alliance Board Member/LYRASIS CEO Importance: High Greetings Colleagues, I trust you're well. Today I'm celebrating abolitionist Frederick Douglass, who in 1888 received one vote from the Kentucky delegation at the Republican convention in Chicago, effectively making him the first African-American candidate nominated for U.S. president. Robert Miller, new LYRASIS CEO Join me in welcoming Robert Miller to LYRASIS and the HBCU Library Alliance! Robert comes to LYRASIS from Internet Archive, where his team created a global digital library currently accessed by more than 300 million people each year. Robert's team developed standards, tools, services and training to unite disparate content communities to serve not just local institutions, but a global community of digital scholars and citizens. Yesterday, with great excitement, I shared with Robert the successes and challenges of the HBCU Library Alliance. As he is assuming Kate Nevins' ex-officio Board position, our discussion focused on Alliance projects, mission and message, future considerations and critical sustainability issues. Robert is ready and willing to share his skills and experiences to advance our mission. I look forward to his involvement with the Board of Directors. If you're attending ALA, Robert will be at the LYRASIS booth #2341 on Friday, June 26 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm PT. I'm sure he would enjoy meeting you! Send your welcome message to Robert through this list or to: Robert Miller robert.miller@lyrasis.org<mailto:robert.miller@lyrasis.org?subject=Robert%20Miller%2C%20LYRASIS%20CEO> Office: 404.892.7879 Toll Free: 800.999.8558 x 4898 Cell: 404.372.6510 Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 800-999-8558, ext. 4820 404-702-5854 Skype: sandra.phoenix1 1438 West Peachtree NW Suite 200 Atlanta,GA 30309 Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS) Fax: 404.892.7879 www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/> Honor the ancestors, honor the children. No SPF - Sender domain does not have a valid SPF, Possible SPAM
SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Jun 23, 2015 5:53 PM