RE: Preservation Assistance Grant program announcement (Please do not reply to list)

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Wed, Apr 2, 2014 12:17 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

I trust you're well.  Are there applications for the Preservation Assistance Grant? Respond to me directly.

Respectfully,

Sandra

From: Sandra Phoenix
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:19 AM
To: Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org
Subject: FW: Preservation Assistance Grant program announcement

From: Downs, Mary [mailto:mdowns@neh.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:27 PM
To: Sandra Phoenix

Greeting from the National Endowment for the Humanities!

Attached, please find an announcement of the upcoming deadline (May 1) for the Preservation Assistance Grants for Smaller Institutions program,  This federal grant program has, for over a decade, helped small cultural heritage institutions get on the right track towards caring for their humanities collections.  Books, manuscripts, special collections, AV materials, archives, art, photographs - all of these are covered under this grant program. Eligible activities include hiring a consultant to undertake a preservation assessment, purchase of preservation supplies and equipment, including environmental monitoring equipment, development of a disaster plan, and education and training for staff.  This is a great program for small institutions to get the help they need to preserve their valuable humanities collections.

This year, we are offering a special encouragement to presidentially designated institutions (Hispanic serving institutions, HBCUs, tribal colleges and universities) and Native American tribes.  I hope that you will forward this announcement to any interested organizations, and/or post on your list-serv/Web site, etc.

If there are other organizations that you think we should reach out to, please let me know.

With thanks for your assistance! Looking forward to seeing applications from your library members!

With best regards,

Mary

Mary E. Downs
Senior Program Officer
Division of Preservation and Access
National Endowment for the Humanities
1100 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20506
202-606-8456
Visit the NEH Website at www.neh.gov<http://www.neh.gov/>
Follow the Division on Twitter: @NEH_PresAccess
[Color Horizontal GIF version]

Greetings Colleagues, I trust you're well. Are there applications for the Preservation Assistance Grant? Respond to me directly. Respectfully, Sandra From: Sandra Phoenix Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:19 AM To: Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org Subject: FW: Preservation Assistance Grant program announcement From: Downs, Mary [mailto:mdowns@neh.gov] Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:27 PM To: Sandra Phoenix Subject: Preservation Assistance Grant program announcement Greeting from the National Endowment for the Humanities! Attached, please find an announcement of the upcoming deadline (May 1) for the Preservation Assistance Grants for Smaller Institutions program, This federal grant program has, for over a decade, helped small cultural heritage institutions get on the right track towards caring for their humanities collections. Books, manuscripts, special collections, AV materials, archives, art, photographs - all of these are covered under this grant program. Eligible activities include hiring a consultant to undertake a preservation assessment, purchase of preservation supplies and equipment, including environmental monitoring equipment, development of a disaster plan, and education and training for staff. This is a great program for small institutions to get the help they need to preserve their valuable humanities collections. This year, we are offering a special encouragement to presidentially designated institutions (Hispanic serving institutions, HBCUs, tribal colleges and universities) and Native American tribes. I hope that you will forward this announcement to any interested organizations, and/or post on your list-serv/Web site, etc. If there are other organizations that you think we should reach out to, please let me know. With thanks for your assistance! Looking forward to seeing applications from your library members! Please let me know if you have any questions, With best regards, Mary ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mary E. Downs Senior Program Officer Division of Preservation and Access National Endowment for the Humanities 1100 Pennsylvania Ave. NW Washington, DC 20506 202-606-8456 Visit the NEH Website at www.neh.gov<http://www.neh.gov/> Follow the Division on Twitter: @NEH_PresAccess [Color Horizontal GIF version]