RE: Introducing the 2019 Authenticity Project Fellows

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Thu, Jan 24, 2019 12:30 PM

Greetings Dr. Mason,

Thanks for your message.  Yes, this is a wonderful opportunity for the Digital Library Federation  (DLF) and the HBCU Library Alliance.

The selection process was quite competitive and we're learning more about our most important, highly valued HBCU Library Alliance community! The Authenticity grant supports another 2 rounds of Fellows. It is my hope that we can engage even more applicants for the next 2 rounds of Fellows.

Respectfully,

Sandra

From: Herman Mason [mailto:hmason@voorhees.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:54 AM
To: Sandra Phoenix sphoenix@hbculibraries.org; hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org
Cc: Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org
Subject: Re: Introducing the 2019 Authenticity Project Fellows

Ms. Phoenix,

Congratulations to the fellows.  I just wanted to point out that I did not see any representation from South Carolina HBCU's. I know there was at least one applicant. I am sure the completion was competitive however, I hope in the future, attempts will be made to ensure that there is representation so that all schools in the state might benefit from this wonderful opportunity.

Herman "Skip"  Mason, Jr. DMin., MLIS, M.Div.
Director of Library Services/Assistant Professor
Chair, Lyceum Committee
Phone: (803) 780-1229
Fax: (803) 780-1015
hmason@voorhees.edumailto:hmason@voorhees.edu