FW: Empirical Librarians Conference - "Call for Proposals" deadline extended

VC
Vicki Coleman
Fri, Dec 9, 2016 6:03 PM

This message is cross-posted. My apologies for duplication.

Vicki Coleman
Dean of Library Services
North Carolina A&T State University

From: Nina Exner
Sent: Monday, December 5, 2016 11:12 AM
To: Vicki Coleman <vcoleman@ncat.edumailto:vcoleman@ncat.edu>
Subject: Deadline extended announcement

Hi colleagues! We are extending the deadline of our Call for Proposals for concurrent talks and lightning talks on supporting researchers or doing research in libraries. The extended deadline is Friday, December 16 to submit proposals at http://www.library.ncat.edu/elprop. Thank you for considering, and more information is below.

Do you support faculty researchers or graduate student researchers?
Or, do you conduct your own research?
Then we have a great mini-conference for you!

Please join us for the 3rd Empirical Librarians conference. We are a small one-day conference focused on librarians doing research and librarians supporting researchers. The conference will be held at the F.D. Bluford Library on the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NC A&T) campus in Greensboro, North Carolina, on Friday, February 24th, 2016 from 9:00am to 4:30pm.

We seek submissions from librarians, researchers, and students on our two conference topic tracks:
(1) supporting original research, through faculty and graduate outreach, scholarly communications, etc.
(2) doing research in libraries.

All proposals will be subject to double-blind peer review.

We are particularly interested in hearing practical and implementable ideas for researcher support and practical methodological discussions on techniques and methods for librarian research. Our experience is that the more we learn about doing research the better we are at supporting research, and vice versa. For that reason, this conference brings together librarians who do research with librarians who support research and scholarship.

This would be a great forum for presenters to revisit an already-presented project but develop the focus on the techniques you used instead of the findings.

Please submit proposals for concurrent sessions, panels, and/or lightning talks at http://www.library.ncat.edu/elprop by Friday December 16, 2016.

Our keynote speaker will be Dr. Gary Marchionini, Dean of the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Information and Library Science. Dr. Marchionini is a world-renowned researcher in information behavior and information policy including the impact of mentoring in research.

Empirical Librarians 2017 is co-sponsored by NC A&T and the University of Tennessee at Knoxville.

Questions? Feel free to contact conference chair Nina Exner at ninae@ncat.edumailto:ninae@ncat.edu for more information. Thanks!

------- NOTICE: This e-mail correspondence is subject to Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties. --------
------- NOTICE: This e-mail correspondence is subject to Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties. --------

This message is cross-posted. My apologies for duplication. Vicki Coleman Dean of Library Services North Carolina A&T State University From: Nina Exner Sent: Monday, December 5, 2016 11:12 AM To: Vicki Coleman <vcoleman@ncat.edu<mailto:vcoleman@ncat.edu>> Subject: Deadline extended announcement Hi colleagues! We are extending the deadline of our Call for Proposals for concurrent talks and lightning talks on supporting researchers or doing research in libraries. The extended deadline is Friday, December 16 to submit proposals at http://www.library.ncat.edu/elprop. Thank you for considering, and more information is below. ________________________________ Do you support faculty researchers or graduate student researchers? Or, do you conduct your own research? Then we have a great mini-conference for you! Please join us for the 3rd Empirical Librarians conference. We are a small one-day conference focused on librarians doing research and librarians supporting researchers. The conference will be held at the F.D. Bluford Library on the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NC A&T) campus in Greensboro, North Carolina, on Friday, February 24th, 2016 from 9:00am to 4:30pm. We seek submissions from librarians, researchers, and students on our two conference topic tracks: (1) supporting original research, through faculty and graduate outreach, scholarly communications, etc. (2) doing research in libraries. All proposals will be subject to double-blind peer review. We are particularly interested in hearing practical and implementable ideas for researcher support and practical methodological discussions on techniques and methods for librarian research. Our experience is that the more we learn about doing research the better we are at supporting research, and vice versa. For that reason, this conference brings together librarians who do research with librarians who support research and scholarship. This would be a great forum for presenters to revisit an already-presented project but develop the focus on the techniques you used instead of the findings. Please submit proposals for concurrent sessions, panels, and/or lightning talks at http://www.library.ncat.edu/elprop by Friday December 16, 2016. Our keynote speaker will be Dr. Gary Marchionini, Dean of the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Information and Library Science. Dr. Marchionini is a world-renowned researcher in information behavior and information policy including the impact of mentoring in research. Empirical Librarians 2017 is co-sponsored by NC A&T and the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. Questions? Feel free to contact conference chair Nina Exner at ninae@ncat.edu<mailto:ninae@ncat.edu> for more information. Thanks! ------- NOTICE: This e-mail correspondence is subject to Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties. -------- ------- NOTICE: This e-mail correspondence is subject to Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties. --------