FW: Miss Black Alabama USA 2017 - Miles College

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Wed, Mar 15, 2017 12:23 PM

From: Trenisha Wiggins [mailto:trenisha.wiggins@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:47 PM
To: Alicia Johnson Williams ajohnson@miles.edu; Leon Moody lmoody@miles.edu
Subject: Miss Black Alabama USA 2017 - Miles College
Fairfield, AL-  The official crowning of Miss Black Alabama will be held on the beautiful campus of Miles College, Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 4:00 p.m., in Pearson Auditorium.  Miles College senior Melanie K. Watson is the newly selected Miss Black Alabama 2017, and a contestant in the Miss Black USA Pageant, which will be held in Washington D.C. in August.

The Miss Black USA Pageant promotes education and leadership by providing scholarship opportunities to its winners.  Participation in the pageant is a great opportunity to empower self confidence in young ladies, develop their public speaking skills, and establish a platform as a future leader.

Melanie has a 3.3 GPA and is a student in the Honors Curriculum Program at Miles College. She is the president of the Phi Beta Lambda business fraternity and the National Pan Hellenic Council.

Melanie’s platform B.E. S.T.R.O.N.G. which means Building Entrepreneurs Striving to Reach Our Next Generation is one of her biggest initiatives towards encouraging people to become successful business owners and motivating the next generation. Her Motto is: If you can’t B.E. S.T.R.O.N.G. then you can’t reach the end zone.

Melanie will complete her bachelor’s degree in Management this May from Miles College. She plans to further her education in the fall of 2017 by pursuing a master’s degree in Sports Management.

“I welcome the opportunity to serve as the reigning 2017 Miss Black Alabama USA and represent the state of Alabama in the Miss Black USA pageant. Having a platform to inspire various communities and impact the lives of all young women is indeed an honor in which I take very seriously,” said Watson.

For more information contact Clarrisa Kenty @ 205.887.8253 or ckenty1@gmail.commailto:ckenty1@gmail.com.

Trenisha Wiggins
Development Intern
Miles College