FW: Leslie Holloway Leads Office of Institutional Advancement at Harris-Stowe

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Wed, Sep 16, 2015 12:18 PM

From: Communications [mailto:Communications@hssu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 4:06 PM
Subject: Leslie Holloway Leads Office of Institutional Advancement at Harris-Stowe

Hello,

Please see information below regarding Harris-Stowe State University's newest executive, Leslie Holloway, who leads fundraising, alumni and marketing efforts.

News  Harris-Stowe State University

For Immediate Release
Contact:        Pier Scott (314) 340-3391
scottp@hssu.edumailto:scottp@hssu.edu
[cid:image003.jpg@01D0EFC7.F529EBC0]

Harris-Stowe State University Hires Leslie Holloway
to Lead Office of Institutional Advancement

ST. LOUIS, MO, (Sept. 15, 2015) - Harris-Stowe State University (HSSU) is pleased to announce Leslie Holloway has joined its executive team as the Special Assistant to the President/Executive Director of Institutional Advancement.  Her responsibilities include enhancing the university's brand awareness, partnering with the Harris-Stowe Alumni Association to reconnect and engage alumni and developing and implementing comprehensive fundraising campaigns.

Holloway comes to Harris-Stowe from the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) where she was the Area Development Director and responsible for UNCF's marketing and fundraising within the Missouri and Kansas markets.  In her more than 22 years of professional experience, Holloway was Director of Annual Giving Programs for Washington University in St. Louis where she was responsible for all aspects of the university's annual fundraising campaign with a goal of $22 million annually, and Chief Alumni and Development Officer for INROADS, Inc. where she had responsibility for leadership, strategic planning and implementation of alumni programs and fundraising for the INROADS organization.

In addition, she held the role of Director of Alumni Affairs and Annual Giving at The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, where she had oversight of Wharton's comprehensive Alumni Affairs and Annual Giving initiatives. She provided tools and services to a population of more than 80,000 alumni, worldwide and was also responsible for raising more than $9 million annually.

"After an extensive search of very qualified candidates, Leslie emerged as the professional best qualified to lead Harris-Stowe's community initiatives," said Dwaun J. Warmack, president, Harris-Stowe State University. "Our brand is unique among colleges in the region and we are looking forward to proactively and vigorously promoting our relevance and value to broader audiences."
Prior to Wharton, Holloway was Director of Tulane University's Annual Fund and the Director of Alumni Affairs in the Department of Institutional Advancement, where she directed strategic planning, implementation and management of Tulane's Alumni and Annual Giving programs for its 11 schools and colleges.
A native St. Louisan, Holloway is an avid tennis player who enjoys all sports.  She received her Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Master of Business Administration in Marketing and Management from Tulane University.  She is a member of several professional associations including the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) and National Black MBA Association, Inc.

"Harris-Stowe's rich history is well-known throughout our region and we're excited about amplifying the tremendous accomplishments in academic advancements, undergraduate research and global initiatives that are underway right now," said Holloway. "I look forward to developing programs with the corporate community, connecting with our distinguished alumni from around the country and telling the stories of our talented students," she added.

About Harris-Stowe State University
Harris-Stowe State University (HSSU), located in midtown St. Louis, is a fully accredited four-year institution that offers 31 majors, minors and certificate programs in education, business and arts & sciences. In 2014, HSSU ranked No. 1 in the state of Missouri and No. 47 in the nation in granting degrees in mathematics and statistics to African-Americans according to Missouri Department of Higher Education and Diverse: Issues In Higher Education, a newsmagazine that has ranked institutions conferring the most degrees to minority students for the past 30 years. The university, which has origins dating back to 1857, offers the most affordable bachelor's degree in the state of Missouri.

#

From: Communications [mailto:Communications@hssu.edu] Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 4:06 PM Subject: Leslie Holloway Leads Office of Institutional Advancement at Harris-Stowe Hello, Please see information below regarding Harris-Stowe State University's newest executive, Leslie Holloway, who leads fundraising, alumni and marketing efforts. News Harris-Stowe State University For Immediate Release Contact: Pier Scott (314) 340-3391 scottp@hssu.edu<mailto:scottp@hssu.edu> [cid:image003.jpg@01D0EFC7.F529EBC0] Harris-Stowe State University Hires Leslie Holloway to Lead Office of Institutional Advancement ST. LOUIS, MO, (Sept. 15, 2015) - Harris-Stowe State University (HSSU) is pleased to announce Leslie Holloway has joined its executive team as the Special Assistant to the President/Executive Director of Institutional Advancement. Her responsibilities include enhancing the university's brand awareness, partnering with the Harris-Stowe Alumni Association to reconnect and engage alumni and developing and implementing comprehensive fundraising campaigns. Holloway comes to Harris-Stowe from the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) where she was the Area Development Director and responsible for UNCF's marketing and fundraising within the Missouri and Kansas markets. In her more than 22 years of professional experience, Holloway was Director of Annual Giving Programs for Washington University in St. Louis where she was responsible for all aspects of the university's annual fundraising campaign with a goal of $22 million annually, and Chief Alumni and Development Officer for INROADS, Inc. where she had responsibility for leadership, strategic planning and implementation of alumni programs and fundraising for the INROADS organization. In addition, she held the role of Director of Alumni Affairs and Annual Giving at The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, where she had oversight of Wharton's comprehensive Alumni Affairs and Annual Giving initiatives. She provided tools and services to a population of more than 80,000 alumni, worldwide and was also responsible for raising more than $9 million annually. "After an extensive search of very qualified candidates, Leslie emerged as the professional best qualified to lead Harris-Stowe's community initiatives," said Dwaun J. Warmack, president, Harris-Stowe State University. "Our brand is unique among colleges in the region and we are looking forward to proactively and vigorously promoting our relevance and value to broader audiences." Prior to Wharton, Holloway was Director of Tulane University's Annual Fund and the Director of Alumni Affairs in the Department of Institutional Advancement, where she directed strategic planning, implementation and management of Tulane's Alumni and Annual Giving programs for its 11 schools and colleges. A native St. Louisan, Holloway is an avid tennis player who enjoys all sports. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Master of Business Administration in Marketing and Management from Tulane University. She is a member of several professional associations including the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) and National Black MBA Association, Inc. "Harris-Stowe's rich history is well-known throughout our region and we're excited about amplifying the tremendous accomplishments in academic advancements, undergraduate research and global initiatives that are underway right now," said Holloway. "I look forward to developing programs with the corporate community, connecting with our distinguished alumni from around the country and telling the stories of our talented students," she added. About Harris-Stowe State University Harris-Stowe State University (HSSU), located in midtown St. Louis, is a fully accredited four-year institution that offers 31 majors, minors and certificate programs in education, business and arts & sciences. In 2014, HSSU ranked No. 1 in the state of Missouri and No. 47 in the nation in granting degrees in mathematics and statistics to African-Americans according to Missouri Department of Higher Education and Diverse: Issues In Higher Education, a newsmagazine that has ranked institutions conferring the most degrees to minority students for the past 30 years. The university, which has origins dating back to 1857, offers the most affordable bachelor's degree in the state of Missouri. # # #