FW: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award!

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Fri, Oct 21, 2016 8:43 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

See the exciting news below! Congrats to our Founding Board Chair Loretta Parham!

Sandra

From: Carolyn Hart
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 4:06 PM
To: All-Staff all-staff@auctr.edu
Subject: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award!

Congratulations to our CEO & Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham!

Today she received the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) and delivered the keynote address at the William Warner Bishop Lectureship and Alumni Awards Presentation.  The Award, presented during the Homecoming weekend, recognizes notable contributions by UMSI alumni to the information field.  Her keynote address,  Why Information Matters, examined the role information has played throughout history and the important role HBCU libraries play in preserving the cultural experience.  For more information visit our website.  You may also click on the following links: https://www.si.umich.edu/news/2016-alumni-award-winners-announced (for a complete list of honorees) and https://www.si.umich.edu/events/201610/homecoming-2016  (to view UMSI Homecoming events).

Have a great weekend!

Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. chart@auctr.edumailto:9chart@auctr.edu
Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications
Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia  30314
Office:  (404) 978-2005
Fax:  (404) 577-5158

Our Vision:
"To reflect the excellence of our member institutions
by being the First and Best Choice for our users..."

Greetings Colleagues, See the exciting news below! Congrats to our Founding Board Chair Loretta Parham! Sandra From: Carolyn Hart Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 4:06 PM To: All-Staff <all-staff@auctr.edu> Subject: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Congratulations to our CEO & Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham! Today she received the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) and delivered the keynote address at the William Warner Bishop Lectureship and Alumni Awards Presentation. The Award, presented during the Homecoming weekend, recognizes notable contributions by UMSI alumni to the information field. Her keynote address, Why Information Matters, examined the role information has played throughout history and the important role HBCU libraries play in preserving the cultural experience. For more information visit our website. You may also click on the following links: https://www.si.umich.edu/news/2016-alumni-award-winners-announced (for a complete list of honorees) and https://www.si.umich.edu/events/201610/homecoming-2016 (to view UMSI Homecoming events). Have a great weekend! Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. chart@auctr.edu<mailto:9chart@auctr.edu> Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia 30314 Office: (404) 978-2005 Fax: (404) 577-5158 Our Vision: "To reflect the excellence of our member institutions by being the First and Best Choice for our users..."
EW
Elsie Weatherington
Mon, Oct 24, 2016 1:42 PM

Congratulations to Loretta!!!!  Loretta has been a key force and change maker in libraries and affiliate organizations.  I have personally witnessed her work with the HBCU Library Alliance and the Woodruff Library.  An award  and  honor well deserved Loretta!!!

Best,
Elsie
[University Libraries Line (top)]
Elsie S. Weatherington, Ph.D.
Dean, University Libraries
Virginia State University
1 Hayden Drive
P.O. Box 9406
Petersburg, VA  23806
*: 804-524-6811
7: 804-524-6959
eweatherington@vsu.edumailto:eweatherington@vsu.edu
[University Libraries Line (bottom)]
At VSU, we are proudly committed to:

  •     Providing a transformative experience for our students

  •     Strategically investing in our academic programs

  •     Embracing our position as a top Land Grant University

  •     Embracing our role as Virginia's Opportunity University

  •     Partnering together as a University to tell our story

See the exciting news below! Congrats to our Founding Board Chair Loretta Parham!

Sandra

Congratulations to our CEO & Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham!

Today she received the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) and delivered the keynote address at the William Warner Bishop Lectureship and Alumni Awards Presentation.  The Award, presented during the Homecoming weekend, recognizes notable contributions by UMSI alumni to the information field.  Her keynote address,  Why Information Matters, examined the role information has played throughout history and the important role HBCU libraries play in preserving the cultural experience.  For more information visit our website.  You may also click on the following links: https://www.si.umich.edu/news/2016-alumni-award-winners-announcedhttps://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.si.umich.edu_news_2016-2Dalumni-2Daward-2Dwinners-2Dannounced&d=DgMFAg&c=x0kF_uL9Aj8Nho9NV_Y5N0VRgus3JhNu4ET-UrQfa2c&r=FhUrquUi_TfuG42Kywi7-xHTtqu_2-SLMz9UjGNFRQY&m=crKTQDxjBEzXYKDSbQHPml6BIpoIBmwrkuZC6GfSmdw&s=4YDT1E0JztZ-eBQ7SU4mFga45kA_piOG7yGd9PceVKs&e= (for a complete list of honorees) and https://www.si.umich.edu/events/201610/homecoming-2016https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.si.umich.edu_events_201610_homecoming-2D2016&d=DgMFAg&c=x0kF_uL9Aj8Nho9NV_Y5N0VRgus3JhNu4ET-UrQfa2c&r=FhUrquUi_TfuG42Kywi7-xHTtqu_2-SLMz9UjGNFRQY&m=crKTQDxjBEzXYKDSbQHPml6BIpoIBmwrkuZC6GfSmdw&s=lgnh2gvPYvJATcUJuUzNP1u9qHzeCgbeEix6c6qD-4Q&e=  (to view UMSI Homecoming events).

Have a great weekend!

Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. chart@auctr.edumailto:9chart@auctr.edu
Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications
Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia  30314
Office:  (404) 978-2005
Fax:  (404) 577-5158

Our Vision:
"To reflect the excellence of our member institutions
by being the First and Best Choice for our users..."

Congratulations to Loretta!!!! Loretta has been a key force and change maker in libraries and affiliate organizations. I have personally witnessed her work with the HBCU Library Alliance and the Woodruff Library. An award and honor well deserved Loretta!!! Best, Elsie [University Libraries Line (top)] Elsie S. Weatherington, Ph.D. Dean, University Libraries Virginia State University 1 Hayden Drive P.O. Box 9406 Petersburg, VA 23806 *: 804-524-6811 7: 804-524-6959 eweatherington@vsu.edu<mailto:eweatherington@vsu.edu> [University Libraries Line (bottom)] At VSU, we are proudly committed to: * Providing a transformative experience for our students * Strategically investing in our academic programs * Embracing our position as a top Land Grant University * Embracing our role as Virginia's Opportunity University * Partnering together as a University to tell our story From: HBCU-LibAdmin [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Phoenix Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 4:44 PM To: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org Cc: Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org; Karen Jefferson <kjefferson@auctr.edu> Subject: FW: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Greetings Colleagues, See the exciting news below! Congrats to our Founding Board Chair Loretta Parham! Sandra From: Carolyn Hart Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 4:06 PM To: All-Staff <all-staff@auctr.edu<mailto:all-staff@auctr.edu>> Subject: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Congratulations to our CEO & Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham! Today she received the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) and delivered the keynote address at the William Warner Bishop Lectureship and Alumni Awards Presentation. The Award, presented during the Homecoming weekend, recognizes notable contributions by UMSI alumni to the information field. Her keynote address, Why Information Matters, examined the role information has played throughout history and the important role HBCU libraries play in preserving the cultural experience. For more information visit our website. You may also click on the following links: https://www.si.umich.edu/news/2016-alumni-award-winners-announced<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.si.umich.edu_news_2016-2Dalumni-2Daward-2Dwinners-2Dannounced&d=DgMFAg&c=x0kF_uL9Aj8Nho9NV_Y5N0VRgus3JhNu4ET-UrQfa2c&r=FhUrquUi_TfuG42Kywi7-xHTtqu_2-SLMz9UjGNFRQY&m=crKTQDxjBEzXYKDSbQHPml6BIpoIBmwrkuZC6GfSmdw&s=4YDT1E0JztZ-eBQ7SU4mFga45kA_piOG7yGd9PceVKs&e=> (for a complete list of honorees) and https://www.si.umich.edu/events/201610/homecoming-2016<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.si.umich.edu_events_201610_homecoming-2D2016&d=DgMFAg&c=x0kF_uL9Aj8Nho9NV_Y5N0VRgus3JhNu4ET-UrQfa2c&r=FhUrquUi_TfuG42Kywi7-xHTtqu_2-SLMz9UjGNFRQY&m=crKTQDxjBEzXYKDSbQHPml6BIpoIBmwrkuZC6GfSmdw&s=lgnh2gvPYvJATcUJuUzNP1u9qHzeCgbeEix6c6qD-4Q&e=> (to view UMSI Homecoming events). Have a great weekend! Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. chart@auctr.edu<mailto:9chart@auctr.edu> Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia 30314 Office: (404) 978-2005 Fax: (404) 577-5158 Our Vision: "To reflect the excellence of our member institutions by being the First and Best Choice for our users..."
JF
Janice Franklin
Mon, Oct 24, 2016 5:52 PM

Congratulations Loretta.  Well done.

Janice

"
To reflect the excellence of our member institutionsby being the First
and Best Choice for our users..."

HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list

--
Janice R. Franklin, Ph.D.
Dean, Levi Watkins Learning Center

Congratulations Loretta. Well done. Janice On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> wrote: > Greetings Colleagues, > > > > See the exciting news below! Congrats to our Founding Board Chair Loretta > Parham! > > > > Sandra > > > > *From:* Carolyn Hart > *Sent:* Friday, October 21, 2016 4:06 PM > *To:* All-Staff <all-staff@auctr.edu> > *Subject:* Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! > > > > Congratulations to our CEO & Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham! > > > > > > Today she received the *Distinguished Alumni Award* from the University > of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) and delivered the keynote address > at the William Warner Bishop Lectureship and Alumni Awards Presentation. > The Award, presented during the Homecoming weekend, recognizes notable > contributions by UMSI alumni to the information field. Her keynote > address, *Why Information Matters*, examined the role information has > played throughout history and the important role HBCU libraries play in > preserving the cultural experience. For more information visit our > website. You may also click on the following links: > https://www.si.umich.edu/news/2016-alumni-award-winners-announced (for a > complete list of honorees) and https://www.si.umich.edu/ > events/201610/homecoming-2016 (to view UMSI Homecoming events). > > > > > > Have a great weekend! > > > > > > *Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. *chart@auctr.edu > <9chart@auctr.edu> > Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications > > Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library > 111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia 30314 > Office: (404) 978-2005 > > Fax: (404) 577-5158 > > *Our Vision:* > " > *To reflect the excellence of our member institutionsby being the First > and Best Choice for our users..."* > > > > _______________________________________________ > HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list > HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org > http://lists.hbculibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu- > libadmin_lists.hbculibraries.org > > -- Janice R. Franklin, Ph.D. Dean, Levi Watkins Learning Center Project Director, National Center for the Study of Civil Rights And African-American Culture Alabama State University Montgomery, AL 36101-0271
MM
McKelvey, Musette
Mon, Oct 24, 2016 7:04 PM

Congratulations, Loretta!!!  Thank you for your vision, leadership and great inspiration!!!

Best ~

Musette

Musette France McKelvey
Librarian, Shaw University Divinity School
SHAW UNIVERSITY - Celebrating 150 Years of History, Leadership & Service
919.546.8406 (direct) | mmckelvey@shawu.edumailto:mmckelvey@shawu.edu  | www.shawu.eduhttp://www.shawu.edu/
Connect with us > Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/ShawUniversity | Twitterhttp://twitter.com/ShawUniversity | Flickrhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/shawu/ | YouTubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/ShawUniv | LinkedInhttp://bit.ly/shawu-linkedin | Instagramhttp://instagram.com/ShawUniversity

[...]

Congratulations, Loretta!!! Thank you for your vision, leadership and great inspiration!!! Best ~ Musette Musette France McKelvey Librarian, Shaw University Divinity School SHAW UNIVERSITY - Celebrating 150 Years of History, Leadership & Service 919.546.8406 (direct) | mmckelvey@shawu.edu<mailto:mmckelvey@shawu.edu> | www.shawu.edu<http://www.shawu.edu/> Connect with us > Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ShawUniversity> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/ShawUniversity> | Flickr<http://www.flickr.com/photos/shawu/> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/user/ShawUniv> | LinkedIn<http://bit.ly/shawu-linkedin> | Instagram<http://instagram.com/ShawUniversity> [Description: 150years_email]<http://www.shawu.edu/150> From: HBCU-Lib [mailto:hbcu-lib-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Phoenix Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 4:44 PM To: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org Cc: Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org Subject: FW: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Greetings Colleagues, See the exciting news below! Congrats to our Founding Board Chair Loretta Parham! Sandra From: Carolyn Hart Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 4:06 PM To: All-Staff <all-staff@auctr.edu<mailto:all-staff@auctr.edu>> Subject: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Congratulations to our CEO & Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham! Today she received the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) and delivered the keynote address at the William Warner Bishop Lectureship and Alumni Awards Presentation. The Award, presented during the Homecoming weekend, recognizes notable contributions by UMSI alumni to the information field. Her keynote address, Why Information Matters, examined the role information has played throughout history and the important role HBCU libraries play in preserving the cultural experience. For more information visit our website. You may also click on the following links: https://www.si.umich.edu/news/2016-alumni-award-winners-announced (for a complete list of honorees) and https://www.si.umich.edu/events/201610/homecoming-2016 (to view UMSI Homecoming events). Have a great weekend! Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. chart@auctr.edu<mailto:9chart@auctr.edu> Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia 30314 Office: (404) 978-2005 Fax: (404) 577-5158 Our Vision: "To reflect the excellence of our member institutions by being the First and Best Choice for our users..."
RJ
Roberts, Juanita
Tue, Oct 25, 2016 1:44 PM

Congratulations Loretta.

wrote:

[...]

Juanita M. Roberts
Director of Library Services
Ford Motor Company Library
Tuskegee University
334-727-8892 (p)
334-727-9282 (f)
334-552-1136 (c)
jroberts@mytu.tuskegee.edu

Congratulations Loretta. On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> wrote: > Greetings Colleagues, > > > > See the exciting news below! Congrats to our Founding Board Chair Loretta > Parham! > > > > Sandra > > > > *From:* Carolyn Hart > *Sent:* Friday, October 21, 2016 4:06 PM > *To:* All-Staff <all-staff@auctr.edu> > *Subject:* Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! > > > > Congratulations to our CEO & Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham! > > > > > > Today she received the *Distinguished Alumni Award* from the University > of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) and delivered the keynote address > at the William Warner Bishop Lectureship and Alumni Awards Presentation. > The Award, presented during the Homecoming weekend, recognizes notable > contributions by UMSI alumni to the information field. Her keynote > address, *Why Information Matters*, examined the role information has > played throughout history and the important role HBCU libraries play in > preserving the cultural experience. For more information visit our > website. You may also click on the following links: > https://www.si.umich.edu/news/2016-alumni-award-winners-announced (for a > complete list of honorees) and https://www.si.umich.edu/ > events/201610/homecoming-2016 (to view UMSI Homecoming events). > > > > > > Have a great weekend! > > > > > > *Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. *chart@auctr.edu > <9chart@auctr.edu> > Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications > > Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library > 111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia 30314 > Office: (404) 978-2005 > > Fax: (404) 577-5158 > > *Our Vision:* > " > *To reflect the excellence of our member institutionsby being the First > and Best Choice for our users..."* > > > > _______________________________________________ > HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list > HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org > http://lists.hbculibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu- > libadmin_lists.hbculibraries.org > > -- Juanita M. Roberts Director of Library Services Ford Motor Company Library Tuskegee University 334-727-8892 (p) 334-727-9282 (f) 334-552-1136 (c) jroberts@mytu.tuskegee.edu
LR
Lynette Ralph
Tue, Oct 25, 2016 2:02 PM

Congratulations, Loretta.
Well deserved!

Lynette

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 12:52 PM, Janice Franklin jfranklin@alasu.edu
wrote:

[...]

n_lists.hbculibraries.org

--
Janice R. Franklin, Ph.D.
Dean, Levi Watkins Learning Center
Project Director, National Center for the Study of Civil Rights
And African-American Culture
Alabama State University
Montgomery, AL  36101-0271

HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list
HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org
libadmin_lists.hbculibraries.org

--
Lynette Ralph, Ph.D
University Librarian

--
E-Mail Privacy/FERPA: This communication may contain confidential
information and is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you

Congratulations, Loretta. Well deserved! Lynette -------------- On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 12:52 PM, Janice Franklin <jfranklin@alasu.edu> wrote: > Congratulations Loretta. Well done. > > > > Janice > > On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Sandra Phoenix < > sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> wrote: > >> Greetings Colleagues, >> >> >> >> See the exciting news below! Congrats to our Founding Board Chair Loretta >> Parham! >> >> >> >> Sandra >> >> >> >> *From:* Carolyn Hart >> *Sent:* Friday, October 21, 2016 4:06 PM >> *To:* All-Staff <all-staff@auctr.edu> >> *Subject:* Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! >> >> >> >> Congratulations to our CEO & Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham! >> >> >> >> >> >> Today she received the *Distinguished Alumni Award* from the University >> of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) and delivered the keynote address >> at the William Warner Bishop Lectureship and Alumni Awards Presentation. >> The Award, presented during the Homecoming weekend, recognizes notable >> contributions by UMSI alumni to the information field. Her keynote >> address, *Why Information Matters*, examined the role information has >> played throughout history and the important role HBCU libraries play in >> preserving the cultural experience. For more information visit our >> website. You may also click on the following links: >> https://www.si.umich.edu/news/2016-alumni-award-winners-announced (for a >> complete list of honorees) and https://www.si.umich.edu/event >> s/201610/homecoming-2016 (to view UMSI Homecoming events). >> >> >> >> >> >> Have a great weekend! >> >> >> >> >> >> *Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. *chart@auctr.edu >> <9chart@auctr.edu> >> Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications >> >> Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library >> 111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia 30314 >> Office: (404) 978-2005 >> >> Fax: (404) 577-5158 >> >> *Our Vision:* >> " >> *To reflect the excellence of our member institutionsby being the First >> and Best Choice for our users..."* >> >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list >> HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org >> http://lists.hbculibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu-libadmi >> n_lists.hbculibraries.org >> >> > > > -- > Janice R. Franklin, Ph.D. > Dean, Levi Watkins Learning Center > Project Director, National Center for the Study of Civil Rights > And African-American Culture > Alabama State University > Montgomery, AL 36101-0271 > > _______________________________________________ > HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list > HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org > http://lists.hbculibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu- > libadmin_lists.hbculibraries.org > > -- Lynette Ralph, Ph.D University Librarian Xavier University of Louisiana 1, Drexel Dr. New Orleans, LA 70126 -- *E-Mail Privacy/FERPA: This communication may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you received it in error, please contact the sender at once and delete the message. This communication may also contain information subject to restrictions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Such information may not be disclosed or used in any fashion outside the scope of the service for which you are receiving the information.*
TJ
TINA.JARRETT@HAMPTONU.EDU
Tue, Oct 25, 2016 7:14 PM

Congratulations Mrs. Parham!!!!!!

Tina D. Rollins
Library Director
Hampton University
The William R. and Norma B. Harvey Library
757-727-5388 Phone
757-727-5952 FAX

[...]

Office:  (404) 978-2005tel:%28404%29%20978-2005
Fax:  (404) 577-5158tel:%28404%29%20577-5158

HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org

--
Juanita M. Roberts
Director of Library Services
Ford Motor Company Library
Tuskegee University
334-727-8892 (p)
334-727-9282 (f)
334-552-1136 (c)
jroberts@mytu.tuskegee.edumailto:jroberts@mytu.tuskegee.edu

Congratulations Mrs. Parham!!!!!! Tina D. Rollins Library Director Hampton University The William R. and Norma B. Harvey Library 757-727-5388 Phone 757-727-5952 FAX From: HBCU-LibAdmin [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Roberts, Juanita Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:44 AM To: Sandra Phoenix Cc: Karen Jefferson; hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org; Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org Subject: Re: FW: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Congratulations Loretta. On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> wrote: Greetings Colleagues, See the exciting news below! Congrats to our Founding Board Chair Loretta Parham! Sandra From: Carolyn Hart Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 4:06 PM To: All-Staff <all-staff@auctr.edu<mailto:all-staff@auctr.edu>> Subject: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Congratulations to our CEO & Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham! Today she received the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) and delivered the keynote address at the William Warner Bishop Lectureship and Alumni Awards Presentation. The Award, presented during the Homecoming weekend, recognizes notable contributions by UMSI alumni to the information field. Her keynote address, Why Information Matters, examined the role information has played throughout history and the important role HBCU libraries play in preserving the cultural experience. For more information visit our website. You may also click on the following links: https://www.si.umich.edu/news/2016-alumni-award-winners-announced (for a complete list of honorees) and https://www.si.umich.edu/events/201610/homecoming-2016 (to view UMSI Homecoming events). Have a great weekend! Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. chart@auctr.edu<mailto:9chart@auctr.edu> Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia 30314 Office: (404) 978-2005<tel:%28404%29%20978-2005> Fax: (404) 577-5158<tel:%28404%29%20577-5158> Our Vision: "To reflect the excellence of our member institutions by being the First and Best Choice for our users..." _______________________________________________ HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org> http://lists.hbculibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu-libadmin_lists.hbculibraries.org -- Juanita M. Roberts Director of Library Services Ford Motor Company Library Tuskegee University 334-727-8892 (p) 334-727-9282 (f) 334-552-1136 (c) jroberts@mytu.tuskegee.edu<mailto:jroberts@mytu.tuskegee.edu> The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, and may otherwise be privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. This footnote also confirms that this email has been scanned for all viruses by the Hampton University Center for Information Technology Enterprise Systems service.
LP
Loretta Parham
Wed, Oct 26, 2016 2:15 PM

Good morning:

Thank you all, for your congratulatory comments regarding my award as “Distinguished Alumni for 2016” from University of Michigan School of Information Science.  Much appreciated.

Last week I provided a lecture to students and alumni titled “Why Information Matters” and used that phrase to promote the work of HBCU institutions and the HBCULA.  It is certainly amazing that, still, today so many academics do not know about HBCU’s or if they do know the level of misinformation that remains.

Please know that whoever was in the audience for my lecture, walked away with some useful information….that matters.  ☺

Have a great day!

Loretta Parham, CEO & Director
Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library
We will always provide service that exceeds the customer’s expectation…Because We Care!

[...]

Good morning: Thank you all, for your congratulatory comments regarding my award as “Distinguished Alumni for 2016” from University of Michigan School of Information Science. Much appreciated. Last week I provided a lecture to students and alumni titled “Why Information Matters” and used that phrase to promote the work of HBCU institutions and the HBCULA. It is certainly amazing that, still, today so many academics do not know about HBCU’s or if they do know the level of misinformation that remains. Please know that whoever was in the audience for my lecture, walked away with some useful information….that matters. ☺ Have a great day! Loretta Parham, CEO & Director Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library We will always provide service that exceeds the customer’s expectation…Because We Care! From: HBCU-LibAdmin [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of TINA.JARRETT@HAMPTONU.EDU Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:15 PM To: Sandra Phoenix Cc: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org; Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org Subject: RE: FW: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Congratulations Mrs. Parham!!!!!! Tina D. Rollins Library Director Hampton University The William R. and Norma B. Harvey Library 757-727-5388 Phone 757-727-5952 FAX From: HBCU-LibAdmin [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Roberts, Juanita Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:44 AM To: Sandra Phoenix Cc: Karen Jefferson; hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org>; Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org> Subject: Re: FW: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Congratulations Loretta. On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> wrote: Greetings Colleagues, See the exciting news below! Congrats to our Founding Board Chair Loretta Parham! Sandra From: Carolyn Hart Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 4:06 PM To: All-Staff <all-staff@auctr.edu<mailto:all-staff@auctr.edu>> Subject: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Congratulations to our CEO & Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham! Today she received the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) and delivered the keynote address at the William Warner Bishop Lectureship and Alumni Awards Presentation. The Award, presented during the Homecoming weekend, recognizes notable contributions by UMSI alumni to the information field. Her keynote address, Why Information Matters, examined the role information has played throughout history and the important role HBCU libraries play in preserving the cultural experience. For more information visit our website. You may also click on the following links: https://www.si.umich.edu/news/2016-alumni-award-winners-announced (for a complete list of honorees) and https://www.si.umich.edu/events/201610/homecoming-2016 (to view UMSI Homecoming events). Have a great weekend! Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. chart@auctr.edu<mailto:9chart@auctr.edu> Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia 30314 Office: (404) 978-2005<tel:%28404%29%20978-2005> Fax: (404) 577-5158<tel:%28404%29%20577-5158> Our Vision: "To reflect the excellence of our member institutions by being the First and Best Choice for our users..." _______________________________________________ HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org> http://lists.hbculibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu-libadmin_lists.hbculibraries.org -- Juanita M. Roberts Director of Library Services Ford Motor Company Library Tuskegee University 334-727-8892 (p) 334-727-9282 (f) 334-552-1136 (c) jroberts@mytu.tuskegee.edu<mailto:jroberts@mytu.tuskegee.edu> The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, and may otherwise be privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. This footnote also confirms that this email has been scanned for all viruses by the Hampton University Center for Information Technology Enterprise Systems service.
FM
Fayoyin, MaryJo
Wed, Oct 26, 2016 2:19 PM

Hello Loretta,
Please allow me (at this late date) to congratulate you.  You are truly a blessing to the profession.

MJ

Mary Jo Fayoyin
Dean, Library Services
(Library, Archives, Audio-Visual Center)
Asa H. Gordon Library
Savannah State University
2200 Tompkins Rd.
Box 20394
P:  912.358-4329
F: 912.358-3184
www.library.savannahstate.eduhttp://www.library.savannahstate.edu
Friendly, Focused, Fast:  Improving the Library Experience

The William R. and Norma B. Harvey Library
757-727-5388 Phone
757-727-5952 FAX

See the exciting news below! Congrats to our Founding Board Chair Loretta Parham!

Sandra

Congratulations to our CEO & Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham!

Today she received the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) and delivered the keynote address at the William Warner Bishop Lectureship and Alumni Awards Presentation.  The Award, presented during the Homecoming weekend, recognizes notable contributions by UMSI alumni to the information field.  Her keynote address,  Why Information Matters, examined the role information has played throughout history and the important role HBCU libraries play in preserving the cultural experience.  For more information visit our website.  You may also click on the following links: https://www.si.umich.edu/news/2016-alumni-award-winners-announcedhttps://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.umich.edu%2Fnews%2F2016-alumni-award-winners-announced&data=01%7C01%7Cfayoyinm%40savannahstate.edu%7Cff2cab89d8ad40e753f508d3fdaace74%7C1400c49cd2484077a6a793501c7899d5%7C1&sdata=beiseP3DTwU0%2Bbk5Sye0gV535jctvkNtMwylUNIv6CY%3D&reserved=0 (for a complete list of honorees) and https://www.si.umich.edu/events/201610/homecoming-2016https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.umich.edu%2Fevents%2F201610%2Fhomecoming-2016&data=01%7C01%7Cfayoyinm%40savannahstate.edu%7Cff2cab89d8ad40e753f508d3fdaace74%7C1400c49cd2484077a6a793501c7899d5%7C1&sdata=h6k0j%2B2WqNqMJV7Uz61MYAlzaPbDEGfgnr%2FYIMxv2Mk%3D&reserved=0  (to view UMSI Homecoming events).

http://lists.hbculibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu-libadmin_lists.hbculibraries.orghttps://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flists.hbculibraries.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fhbcu-libadmin_lists.hbculibraries.org&data=01%7C01%7Cfayoyinm%40savannahstate.edu%7Cff2cab89d8ad40e753f508d3fdaace74%7C1400c49cd2484077a6a793501c7899d5%7C1&sdata=KdhOF25flyygxmnFCDa6qRsQzWC8WeQ09ZCY2B1LheM%3D&reserved=0

--
Juanita M. Roberts
Director of Library Services
Ford Motor Company Library
Tuskegee University
334-727-8892 (p)
334-727-9282 (f)
334-552-1136 (c)
jroberts@mytu.tuskegee.edumailto:jroberts@mytu.tuskegee.edu

Hello Loretta, Please allow me (at this late date) to congratulate you. You are truly a blessing to the profession. MJ Mary Jo Fayoyin Dean, Library Services (Library, Archives, Audio-Visual Center) Asa H. Gordon Library Savannah State University 2200 Tompkins Rd. Box 20394 P: 912.358-4329 F: 912.358-3184 www.library.savannahstate.edu<http://www.library.savannahstate.edu> Friendly, Focused, Fast: Improving the Library Experience From: HBCU-LibAdmin [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Loretta Parham Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:16 AM To: TINA.JARRETT@HAMPTONU.EDU; Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Cc: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org; Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org Subject: RE: FW: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Good morning: Thank you all, for your congratulatory comments regarding my award as “Distinguished Alumni for 2016” from University of Michigan School of Information Science. Much appreciated. Last week I provided a lecture to students and alumni titled “Why Information Matters” and used that phrase to promote the work of HBCU institutions and the HBCULA. It is certainly amazing that, still, today so many academics do not know about HBCU’s or if they do know the level of misinformation that remains. Please know that whoever was in the audience for my lecture, walked away with some useful information….that matters. ☺ Have a great day! Loretta Parham, CEO & Director Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library We will always provide service that exceeds the customer’s expectation…Because We Care! From: HBCU-LibAdmin [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of TINA.JARRETT@HAMPTONU.EDU<mailto:TINA.JARRETT@HAMPTONU.EDU> Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:15 PM To: Sandra Phoenix Cc: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org>; Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org> Subject: RE: FW: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Congratulations Mrs. Parham!!!!!! Tina D. Rollins Library Director Hampton University The William R. and Norma B. Harvey Library 757-727-5388 Phone 757-727-5952 FAX From: HBCU-LibAdmin [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Roberts, Juanita Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:44 AM To: Sandra Phoenix Cc: Karen Jefferson; hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org>; Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org> Subject: Re: FW: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Congratulations Loretta. On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> wrote: Greetings Colleagues, See the exciting news below! Congrats to our Founding Board Chair Loretta Parham! Sandra From: Carolyn Hart Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 4:06 PM To: All-Staff <all-staff@auctr.edu<mailto:all-staff@auctr.edu>> Subject: Loretta Parham Receives UMSI Distinguished Alumni Award! Congratulations to our CEO & Director, Mrs. Loretta Parham! Today she received the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) and delivered the keynote address at the William Warner Bishop Lectureship and Alumni Awards Presentation. The Award, presented during the Homecoming weekend, recognizes notable contributions by UMSI alumni to the information field. Her keynote address, Why Information Matters, examined the role information has played throughout history and the important role HBCU libraries play in preserving the cultural experience. For more information visit our website. You may also click on the following links: https://www.si.umich.edu/news/2016-alumni-award-winners-announced<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.umich.edu%2Fnews%2F2016-alumni-award-winners-announced&data=01%7C01%7Cfayoyinm%40savannahstate.edu%7Cff2cab89d8ad40e753f508d3fdaace74%7C1400c49cd2484077a6a793501c7899d5%7C1&sdata=beiseP3DTwU0%2Bbk5Sye0gV535jctvkNtMwylUNIv6CY%3D&reserved=0> (for a complete list of honorees) and https://www.si.umich.edu/events/201610/homecoming-2016<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.umich.edu%2Fevents%2F201610%2Fhomecoming-2016&data=01%7C01%7Cfayoyinm%40savannahstate.edu%7Cff2cab89d8ad40e753f508d3fdaace74%7C1400c49cd2484077a6a793501c7899d5%7C1&sdata=h6k0j%2B2WqNqMJV7Uz61MYAlzaPbDEGfgnr%2FYIMxv2Mk%3D&reserved=0> (to view UMSI Homecoming events). Have a great weekend! Carolyn Hart, Executive M.B.A., M.S.L.S. chart@auctr.edu<mailto:9chart@auctr.edu> Assistant Director - Planning, Assessment & Communications Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW - Atlanta, Georgia 30314 Office: (404) 978-2005<tel:%28404%29%20978-2005> Fax: (404) 577-5158<tel:%28404%29%20577-5158> Our Vision: "To reflect the excellence of our member institutions by being the First and Best Choice for our users..." _______________________________________________ HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org> http://lists.hbculibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu-libadmin_lists.hbculibraries.org<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flists.hbculibraries.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fhbcu-libadmin_lists.hbculibraries.org&data=01%7C01%7Cfayoyinm%40savannahstate.edu%7Cff2cab89d8ad40e753f508d3fdaace74%7C1400c49cd2484077a6a793501c7899d5%7C1&sdata=KdhOF25flyygxmnFCDa6qRsQzWC8WeQ09ZCY2B1LheM%3D&reserved=0> -- Juanita M. Roberts Director of Library Services Ford Motor Company Library Tuskegee University 334-727-8892 (p) 334-727-9282 (f) 334-552-1136 (c) jroberts@mytu.tuskegee.edu<mailto:jroberts@mytu.tuskegee.edu> The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, and may otherwise be privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. This footnote also confirms that this email has been scanned for all viruses by the Hampton University Center for Information Technology Enterprise Systems service.