Journal of Library Administration Article: Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Mon, Jul 25, 2016 12:54 AM

Greetings Colleagues,

EXCITING NEWS TO SHARE! The HBCU Library Alliance presented a poster session at the 2015 ALA Conference on the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation funded Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research in HBCUs project. One of the goals of the project was improved library services on individual HBCU campuses to support faculty research.

Gary Pitkin, editor of the peer-reviewed Journal of Library Administration, contacted the Alliance after ALA regarding an article submission. As you know, the Journal of Library Administration informs readers on research, current developments, and trends related to library leadership. Gary's March 2016 acceptance letter included "Thank you for an excellent contribution to JLA."

I am so proud to inform you that the article "Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research in HBCUs" authored by Board Chair Mantra Henderson and me has been published in JLA's Volume 56, Issue 5. See the screen shot below and share this news with your colleagues!

[cid:image001.jpg@01D1E594.68BF40E0]Thanks are in order to the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation for the grant award, to LYRASIS for their support, the HBCU Faculty Development Network for their partnership, the HBCU Library Alliance Board for their leadership, the HBCU Library Alliance membership for their participation, the project's Library Advisory Committee and Faculty Library Advisory Committee for their guidance, to consultant Dr. Sharon Freeman and to all others who were involved in this very important initiative.

The article brings to the forefront the variety of issues faced by libraries as they support faculty research and faculty's perceptions of library support. Most importantly, it provides a starting point for greater understanding of activities to engage faculty and improve library support of faculty research.

Access this link http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01930826.2016.1180939 to view the abstract and for purchase information.

Article E-prints - An Incentive

There are a limited number of article e-prints available, and Mantra and I would like to share them with the community. As you know we're gearing up for the Membership Meeting and our program booklet is a fantastic way to commemorate the meeting and promote the HBCU Library Alliance. The images within the program booklet highlight HBCU Library Alliance programs and services, shedding light on our mission to "develop library leaders, preserve collections and plan for the future." As an incentive for submitting photos from your archives for the Membership Meeting program booklet, the first twenty members will receive an e-print of the article and acknowledgement at the Membership Meeting. Photos, including a citation, should be forwarded to me no later than Wednesday, August 31st.

Colleagues, I'm proud of what we've accomplished!

Contact me directly if you have questions or need additional information.

Stay tuned!

Sandra

SANDRA M. PHOENIX
Executive Director
HBCU Library Alliance
sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
www.hbculibraries.orghttp://www.hbculibraries.org/
404-978-2118 (office)
404-702-5854 (cell)
404-577-5158 (fax)
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/
Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/

7th Biennial Membership Meeting: Register here http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html for the October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta.

NEW DIGS!!!! The HBCU Library Alliance has relocated to the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library.  Transition process is near completion.  Stay tuned!!!

Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive SW
Atlanta, GA 30314-4207
www.auctr.eduhttp://www.auctr.edu

Honor the ancestors, honor the children.

[...]
ML
Mantra L Henderson
Mon, Jul 25, 2016 5:13 PM

Greetings,

I am so excited, elated, overjoyed about  the prospect of having the article that Sandra and I worked so hard on be shared with the membership in this way. With the limited number of copies that we have, I cannot think of a more creative way of ensuring that the membership gets a return on their investment in the HBCU Library Alliance.

So, get those photos ready and submit them for the Membership Meeting program booklet no later than Wednesday, August 31st.

I echo Sandra's sentiments is saying I too am proud of what we’ve accomplished!

Mantra Henderson, HBCU Library Alliance Board Chair

Director of Library Services

James H. White Library

Mississippi Valley State University

14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232

Itta Bena, MS 38941

662-254-3494 (phone)

662-254-3499 (fax)

[...]

Greetings, I am so excited, elated, overjoyed about the prospect of having the article that Sandra and I worked so hard on be shared with the membership in this way. With the limited number of copies that we have, I cannot think of a more creative way of ensuring that the membership gets a return on their investment in the HBCU Library Alliance. So, get those photos ready and submit them for the Membership Meeting program booklet no later than Wednesday, August 31st. I echo Sandra's sentiments is saying I too am proud of what we’ve accomplished! Mantra Henderson, HBCU Library Alliance Board Chair Director of Library Services James H. White Library Mississippi Valley State University 14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232 Itta Bena, MS 38941 662-254-3494 (phone) 662-254-3499 (fax) ________________________________ From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org <hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org> on behalf of Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2016 7:54:11 PM To: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: Journal of Library Administration Article: Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research Greetings Colleagues, EXCITING NEWS TO SHARE! The HBCU Library Alliance presented a poster session at the 2015 ALA Conference on the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation funded Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research in HBCUs project. One of the goals of the project was improved library services on individual HBCU campuses to support faculty research. Gary Pitkin, editor of the peer-reviewed Journal of Library Administration, contacted the Alliance after ALA regarding an article submission. As you know, the Journal of Library Administration informs readers on research, current developments, and trends related to library leadership. Gary’s March 2016 acceptance letter included “Thank you for an excellent contribution to JLA.” I am so proud to inform you that the article “Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research in HBCUs” authored by Board Chair Mantra Henderson and me has been published in JLA’s Volume 56, Issue 5. See the screen shot below and share this news with your colleagues! [cid:image001.jpg@01D1E594.68BF40E0]Thanks are in order to the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation for the grant award, to LYRASIS for their support, the HBCU Faculty Development Network for their partnership, the HBCU Library Alliance Board for their leadership, the HBCU Library Alliance membership for their participation, the project’s Library Advisory Committee and Faculty Library Advisory Committee for their guidance, to consultant Dr. Sharon Freeman and to all others who were involved in this very important initiative. The article brings to the forefront the variety of issues faced by libraries as they support faculty research and faculty’s perceptions of library support. Most importantly, it provides a starting point for greater understanding of activities to engage faculty and improve library support of faculty research. Access this link http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01930826.2016.1180939 to view the abstract and for purchase information. Article E-prints – An Incentive There are a limited number of article e-prints available, and Mantra and I would like to share them with the community. As you know we’re gearing up for the Membership Meeting and our program booklet is a fantastic way to commemorate the meeting and promote the HBCU Library Alliance. The images within the program booklet highlight HBCU Library Alliance programs and services, shedding light on our mission to “develop library leaders, preserve collections and plan for the future.” As an incentive for submitting photos from your archives for the Membership Meeting program booklet, the first twenty members will receive an e-print of the article and acknowledgement at the Membership Meeting. Photos, including a citation, should be forwarded to me no later than Wednesday, August 31st. Colleagues, I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished! Contact me directly if you have questions or need additional information. Stay tuned! Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) 404-577-5158 (fax) Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/ 7th Biennial Membership Meeting: Register here http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html for the October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta. NEW DIGS!!!! The HBCU Library Alliance has relocated to the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library. Transition process is near completion. Stay tuned!!! Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314-4207 www.auctr.edu<http://www.auctr.edu> Honor the ancestors, honor the children.
KM
Kenerson, Murle
Tue, Jul 26, 2016 12:00 AM

Congratulations for this impressive accomplishment

Murle

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 25, 2016, at 12:13 PM, "Mantra L Henderson" <mlhenderson@mvsu.edumailto:mlhenderson@mvsu.edu> wrote:

[...]

<image001.jpg>Thanks are in order to the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation for the grant award, to LYRASIS for their support, the HBCU Faculty Development Network for their partnership, the HBCU Library Alliance Board for their leadership, the HBCU Library Alliance membership for their participation, the project’s Library Advisory Committee and Faculty Library Advisory Committee for their guidance, to consultant Dr. Sharon Freeman and to all others who were involved in this very important initiative.

[...]

HBCU-Lib mailing list
HBCU-Lib@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:HBCU-Lib@lists.hbculibraries.org

Congratulations for this impressive accomplishment Murle Sent from my iPad On Jul 25, 2016, at 12:13 PM, "Mantra L Henderson" <mlhenderson@mvsu.edu<mailto:mlhenderson@mvsu.edu>> wrote: Greetings, I am so excited, elated, overjoyed about the prospect of having the article that Sandra and I worked so hard on be shared with the membership in this way. With the limited number of copies that we have, I cannot think of a more creative way of ensuring that the membership gets a return on their investment in the HBCU Library Alliance. So, get those photos ready and submit them for the Membership Meeting program booklet no later than Wednesday, August 31st. I echo Sandra's sentiments is saying I too am proud of what we’ve accomplished! Mantra Henderson, HBCU Library Alliance Board Chair Director of Library Services James H. White Library Mississippi Valley State University 14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232 Itta Bena, MS 38941 662-254-3494 (phone) 662-254-3499 (fax) ________________________________ From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org> <hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org>> on behalf of Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2016 7:54:11 PM To: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org> Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org>'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu<mailto:kjefferson@auctr.edu>' Subject: Journal of Library Administration Article: Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research Greetings Colleagues, EXCITING NEWS TO SHARE! The HBCU Library Alliance presented a poster session at the 2015 ALA Conference on the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation funded Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research in HBCUs project. One of the goals of the project was improved library services on individual HBCU campuses to support faculty research. Gary Pitkin, editor of the peer-reviewed Journal of Library Administration, contacted the Alliance after ALA regarding an article submission. As you know, the Journal of Library Administration informs readers on research, current developments, and trends related to library leadership. Gary’s March 2016 acceptance letter included “Thank you for an excellent contribution to JLA.” I am so proud to inform you that the article “Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research in HBCUs” authored by Board Chair Mantra Henderson and me has been published in JLA’s Volume 56, Issue 5. See the screen shot below and share this news with your colleagues! <image001.jpg>Thanks are in order to the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation for the grant award, to LYRASIS for their support, the HBCU Faculty Development Network for their partnership, the HBCU Library Alliance Board for their leadership, the HBCU Library Alliance membership for their participation, the project’s Library Advisory Committee and Faculty Library Advisory Committee for their guidance, to consultant Dr. Sharon Freeman and to all others who were involved in this very important initiative. The article brings to the forefront the variety of issues faced by libraries as they support faculty research and faculty’s perceptions of library support. Most importantly, it provides a starting point for greater understanding of activities to engage faculty and improve library support of faculty research. Access this link http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01930826.2016.1180939 to view the abstract and for purchase information. Article E-prints – An Incentive There are a limited number of article e-prints available, and Mantra and I would like to share them with the community. As you know we’re gearing up for the Membership Meeting and our program booklet is a fantastic way to commemorate the meeting and promote the HBCU Library Alliance. The images within the program booklet highlight HBCU Library Alliance programs and services, shedding light on our mission to “develop library leaders, preserve collections and plan for the future.” As an incentive for submitting photos from your archives for the Membership Meeting program booklet, the first twenty members will receive an e-print of the article and acknowledgement at the Membership Meeting. Photos, including a citation, should be forwarded to me no later than Wednesday, August 31st. Colleagues, I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished! Contact me directly if you have questions or need additional information. Stay tuned! Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) 404-577-5158 (fax) Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/ 7th Biennial Membership Meeting: Register here http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html for the October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta. NEW DIGS!!!! The HBCU Library Alliance has relocated to the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library. Transition process is near completion. Stay tuned!!! Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314-4207 www.auctr.edu<http://www.auctr.edu> Honor the ancestors, honor the children. _______________________________________________ HBCU-Lib mailing list HBCU-Lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:HBCU-Lib@lists.hbculibraries.org> http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu-lib