Summer 2022 Conservation/Preservation Internship Opportunity - APPLY!!!

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Thu, Jan 20, 2022 8:48 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

I trust you're in good spirits and practicing self-care.

The Winterthur/University of Delaware Program in Art Conservation, in partnership with the HBCU Library Alliance, has received a fifth round of funding to coordinate ten fully-funded, face-to-face six-week summer internships in library and archives preservation in 2022 at eight nationally recognized library preservation/conservation laboratories. The internship can pivot to completely virtual in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and CDC recommendations.

Thanks to Board member Debbie Hess Norris, University of Delaware, for securing this funding.  I'm even more excited for this opportunity to bring diversity to librarianship and to expose conservation/preservation host sites to our talented, skilled and distinguished HBCU undergraduates.

HBCU Library Alliance members in good standing are eligible to participate in this program. Your assistance is needed to widely promote the program and identify strong undergraduate applicants for this dynamic opportunity.

Let me know if you'd like to participate on the Selection Committee. Two additional members are needed. This activity involves review and discussion of student applications and selection of interns.
Follow this link  http://www.hbculibraries.org/2022-interns.html for more information. The application finish-line is Monday, February 28. Contact me directly if you have questions or need additional information.

Respectfully,

Sandra

Sandra M. Phoenix, Executive Director
HBCU Library Alliance
678-210-5801 (office)
404-702-5854 (cell)
http://www.hbculibraries.orghttp://www.hbculibraries.org/
sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
Seek justice, honor the ancestors, honor the children and those yet to come.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter at https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance

Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/

[...]
Fri, Jan 21, 2022 3:06 PM

Colleagues,

I trust you're in good spirits.  Promote this program widely through your institutions!

Thanks to Joan Williams, Bennett College (NC) and Mantra Henderson, Mississippi Valley State University, for responding to my request for two Selection Committee members.

Respectfully,

Sandra

[...]

Colleagues, I trust you're in good spirits. Promote this program widely through your institutions! Thanks to Joan Williams, Bennett College (NC) and Mantra Henderson, Mississippi Valley State University, for responding to my request for two Selection Committee members. Respectfully, Sandra From: Sandra Phoenix Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2022 3:49 PM To: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org Cc: hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org Subject: Summer 2022 Conservation/Preservation Internship Opportunity - APPLY!!! Greetings Colleagues, I trust you're in good spirits and practicing self-care. The Winterthur/University of Delaware Program in Art Conservation, in partnership with the HBCU Library Alliance, has received a fifth round of funding to coordinate ten fully-funded, face-to-face six-week summer internships in library and archives preservation in 2022 at eight nationally recognized library preservation/conservation laboratories. The internship can pivot to completely virtual in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and CDC recommendations. Thanks to Board member Debbie Hess Norris, University of Delaware, for securing this funding. I'm even more excited for this opportunity to bring diversity to librarianship and to expose conservation/preservation host sites to our talented, skilled and distinguished HBCU undergraduates. HBCU Library Alliance members in good standing are eligible to participate in this program. Your assistance is needed to widely promote the program and identify strong undergraduate applicants for this dynamic opportunity. Let me know if you'd like to participate on the Selection Committee. Two additional members are needed. This activity involves review and discussion of student applications and selection of interns. Follow this link http://www.hbculibraries.org/2022-interns.html for more information. The application finish-line is Monday, February 28. Contact me directly if you have questions or need additional information. Respectfully, Sandra Sandra M. Phoenix, Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance 678-210-5801 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) http://www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Seek justice, honor the ancestors, honor the children and those yet to come. Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter at https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/
SP
Sandra Phoenix
Wed, Feb 9, 2022 2:29 PM

[...]

Tue, Feb 15, 2022 2:13 PM