7th Membership Meeting - Register Now!

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Jul 12, 2016 12:39 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

I trust you're well. Today I'm celebrating the Niagara Movement. African-American scholar and activist W.E.B. Du Bois gathered with supporters on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls in 1905 to form an organization for political and social change. An end to segregation, and end to discrimination, and equality of economic opportunity were included in its list of demands. The Niagara Movement's ideals led to the formation of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

MEMBERSHIP MEETING - Register Now!!

The 7th Membership Meeting is scheduled for October 10 and 11 in Atlanta. Follow this link http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html#http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html to register and process your hotel accommodations.  Relevance in Turbulent Times is the meeting's theme; let's come together, network, share insight and learn from our colleagues. Veronica Cohen, Associate Vice-President for Major and Planned Gifts, Claflin University (SC) and HBCU Library Alliance Advancement Advisor, is keynote speaker. Register as soon as possible so that we maintain accurate records and keep you updated.

Look for messaging later this week on a call for Poster Sessions and Conference Presentations.  Submissions are invited on any topic related to the Relevance in Turbulent Times theme and could include services or products your library provides, an innovative library program, a research study report. A website link with guidelines and an application are forthcoming. Members are encouraged to participate to ensure a thought-provoking, dynamic conference. The HBCU Library Alliance community has a long tradition of sharing skills and expertise; let's continue this culture of learning and scholarship.

Decade of Investment Initiative

Established by HBCU Library Alliance Founding Director Emma Bradford Perry, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, LA, this initiative was launched at the 2012 Membership Meeting in celebration of the first ten years of service to institutions and was also a component of the Alliance's "The One Hundred" fundraising plan.  Members were asked to invest $100.00 annually to support HBCU Library Alliance activities.  Each investor is listed in the program booklet and acknowledged during the Membership Meeting. Continue this tradition of investing in the HBCU Library Alliance.  Follow this link http://hbculibraries.org/paypal.html to invest online. Feel free to mail your investment to me at:

Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive SW
Atlanta, GA 30314

Thanks to Membership Meeting Planning Committee Members Mantra Henderson, Mississippi Valley State University, Rinalda Farrar, Lincoln University (MO), Mary Jo Fayoyin, Savannah State University, Tiwanna Nevels, St. Augustine's University (NC) and Monika Rhue, Johnson C. Smith University (NC) for their support.

Your continued support and investment in the HBCU Library Alliance are appreciated.  Contact me directly if you have questions or need additional information. We look forward to seeing you in October!

Respectfully,

Sandra

SANDRA M. PHOENIX
Executive Director
HBCU Library Alliance
sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
www.hbculibraries.orghttp://www.hbculibraries.org/
404-978-2118 (office)
404-702-5854 (cell)
404-577-5158 (fax)
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/
Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/

7th Biennial Membership Meeting: Register here http://hbculibraries.org/html/2016meeting-form.html for the October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta.
[Sized Coming Soon]NEW DIGS!!!! The HBCU Library Alliance is relocating to the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library.  Transition process is near completion.  Stay tuned!!!

Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive SW
Atlanta, GA 30314-4207
www.auctr.edu
Honor the ancestors, honor the children.

Greetings Colleagues, I trust you're well. Today I'm celebrating the Niagara Movement. African-American scholar and activist W.E.B. Du Bois gathered with supporters on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls in 1905 to form an organization for political and social change. An end to segregation, and end to discrimination, and equality of economic opportunity were included in its list of demands. The Niagara Movement's ideals led to the formation of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. MEMBERSHIP MEETING - Register Now!! The 7th Membership Meeting is scheduled for October 10 and 11 in Atlanta. Follow this link http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html#<http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html> to register and process your hotel accommodations. Relevance in Turbulent Times is the meeting's theme; let's come together, network, share insight and learn from our colleagues. Veronica Cohen, Associate Vice-President for Major and Planned Gifts, Claflin University (SC) and HBCU Library Alliance Advancement Advisor, is keynote speaker. Register as soon as possible so that we maintain accurate records and keep you updated. Look for messaging later this week on a call for Poster Sessions and Conference Presentations. Submissions are invited on any topic related to the Relevance in Turbulent Times theme and could include services or products your library provides, an innovative library program, a research study report. A website link with guidelines and an application are forthcoming. Members are encouraged to participate to ensure a thought-provoking, dynamic conference. The HBCU Library Alliance community has a long tradition of sharing skills and expertise; let's continue this culture of learning and scholarship. Decade of Investment Initiative Established by HBCU Library Alliance Founding Director Emma Bradford Perry, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, LA, this initiative was launched at the 2012 Membership Meeting in celebration of the first ten years of service to institutions and was also a component of the Alliance's "The One Hundred" fundraising plan. Members were asked to invest $100.00 annually to support HBCU Library Alliance activities. Each investor is listed in the program booklet and acknowledged during the Membership Meeting. Continue this tradition of investing in the HBCU Library Alliance. Follow this link http://hbculibraries.org/paypal.html to invest online. Feel free to mail your investment to me at: Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314 Thanks to Membership Meeting Planning Committee Members Mantra Henderson, Mississippi Valley State University, Rinalda Farrar, Lincoln University (MO), Mary Jo Fayoyin, Savannah State University, Tiwanna Nevels, St. Augustine's University (NC) and Monika Rhue, Johnson C. Smith University (NC) for their support. Your continued support and investment in the HBCU Library Alliance are appreciated. Contact me directly if you have questions or need additional information. We look forward to seeing you in October! Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) 404-577-5158 (fax) Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/ 7th Biennial Membership Meeting: Register here http://hbculibraries.org/html/2016meeting-form.html for the October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta. [Sized Coming Soon]NEW DIGS!!!! The HBCU Library Alliance is relocating to the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library. Transition process is near completion. Stay tuned!!! Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314-4207 www.auctr.edu Honor the ancestors, honor the children.
ML
Mantra L Henderson
Tue, Jul 12, 2016 1:16 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

I am excited about the 7th HBCU Library Alliance membership meeting. It promises to be an exciting time for the membership as we celebrate our 'new digs' and discuss the future of the Alliance. The keynote speaker, Ms. Veronica Cohen, is excited about HBCU libraries and the contributions they make to their parent institutions.

So, please make plans to attend by registering today. I'll see you in ATL.

Mantra Henderson, MLIS

Director of Library Services

James H. White Library

Mississippi Valley State University

14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232

Itta Bena, MS 38941

662-254-3494 (phone)

662-254-3499 (fax)

[...]

Greetings Colleagues, I am excited about the 7th HBCU Library Alliance membership meeting. It promises to be an exciting time for the membership as we celebrate our 'new digs' and discuss the future of the Alliance. The keynote speaker, Ms. Veronica Cohen, is excited about HBCU libraries and the contributions they make to their parent institutions. So, please make plans to attend by registering today. I'll see you in ATL. Mantra Henderson, MLIS Director of Library Services James H. White Library Mississippi Valley State University 14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232 Itta Bena, MS 38941 662-254-3494 (phone) 662-254-3499 (fax) ________________________________ From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org <hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org> on behalf of Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 7:39:02 AM To: 'hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: 7th Membership Meeting - Register Now! Greetings Colleagues, I trust you’re well. Today I’m celebrating the Niagara Movement. African-American scholar and activist W.E.B. Du Bois gathered with supporters on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls in 1905 to form an organization for political and social change. An end to segregation, and end to discrimination, and equality of economic opportunity were included in its list of demands. The Niagara Movement’s ideals led to the formation of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. MEMBERSHIP MEETING – Register Now!! The 7th Membership Meeting is scheduled for October 10 and 11 in Atlanta. Follow this link http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html#<http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html> to register and process your hotel accommodations. Relevance in Turbulent Times is the meeting’s theme; let’s come together, network, share insight and learn from our colleagues. Veronica Cohen, Associate Vice-President for Major and Planned Gifts, Claflin University (SC) and HBCU Library Alliance Advancement Advisor, is keynote speaker. Register as soon as possible so that we maintain accurate records and keep you updated. Look for messaging later this week on a call for Poster Sessions and Conference Presentations. Submissions are invited on any topic related to the Relevance in Turbulent Times theme and could include services or products your library provides, an innovative library program, a research study report. A website link with guidelines and an application are forthcoming. Members are encouraged to participate to ensure a thought-provoking, dynamic conference. The HBCU Library Alliance community has a long tradition of sharing skills and expertise; let’s continue this culture of learning and scholarship. Decade of Investment Initiative Established by HBCU Library Alliance Founding Director Emma Bradford Perry, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, LA, this initiative was launched at the 2012 Membership Meeting in celebration of the first ten years of service to institutions and was also a component of the Alliance’s “The One Hundred” fundraising plan. Members were asked to invest $100.00 annually to support HBCU Library Alliance activities. Each investor is listed in the program booklet and acknowledged during the Membership Meeting. Continue this tradition of investing in the HBCU Library Alliance. Follow this link http://hbculibraries.org/paypal.html to invest online. Feel free to mail your investment to me at: Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314 Thanks to Membership Meeting Planning Committee Members Mantra Henderson, Mississippi Valley State University, Rinalda Farrar, Lincoln University (MO), Mary Jo Fayoyin, Savannah State University, Tiwanna Nevels, St. Augustine’s University (NC) and Monika Rhue, Johnson C. Smith University (NC) for their support. Your continued support and investment in the HBCU Library Alliance are appreciated. Contact me directly if you have questions or need additional information. We look forward to seeing you in October! Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) 404-577-5158 (fax) Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/ 7th Biennial Membership Meeting: Register here http://hbculibraries.org/html/2016meeting-form.html for the October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta. [Sized Coming Soon]NEW DIGS!!!! The HBCU Library Alliance is relocating to the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library. Transition process is near completion. Stay tuned!!! Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314-4207 www.auctr.edu Honor the ancestors, honor the children.