FW: Long time TSU Administrator Retires

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Apr 25, 2017 12:52 PM

Colleagues,

See Janice's message below.  Congrats to Dr. Kamau upon his retirement from Texas Southern University!  We wish him all the best and hope to keep him connected to Alliance activities.

Respectfully,

Sandra

From: Peyton, Janice L. [mailto:Janice.Peyton@TSU.EDU]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 5:30 PM
To: Sandra Phoenix sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
Subject: Long time TSU Administrator Retires

Sandra,
I would like to announce the retirement of Dr. Obidike Kamau, Associate Director of Libraries at Texas Southern University.  In addition to his library vocation, Dr. Kamau is a published author, poet and radio personality, having hosted timely and poignant  radio programs that  impact the African American community.  During his career, he also demonstrated professional proficiencies in fundraising and grants management.  He was among the original  planners and developers of the HBCU Library Alliance, and is highly regarded in the library and academic community both on and off campus.  The Robert James Terry Library will miss this pioneering visionary.  April 28, 2017 is Dr. Kamau's last day.  I am sure he would appreciate hearing from his field of colleagues. Following is his campus email address:

Kamau_ON@tsu.edumailto:Kamau_ON@tsu.edu

Colleagues, See Janice's message below. Congrats to Dr. Kamau upon his retirement from Texas Southern University! We wish him all the best and hope to keep him connected to Alliance activities. Respectfully, Sandra From: Peyton, Janice L. [mailto:Janice.Peyton@TSU.EDU] Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 5:30 PM To: Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Subject: Long time TSU Administrator Retires Sandra, I would like to announce the retirement of Dr. Obidike Kamau, Associate Director of Libraries at Texas Southern University. In addition to his library vocation, Dr. Kamau is a published author, poet and radio personality, having hosted timely and poignant radio programs that impact the African American community. During his career, he also demonstrated professional proficiencies in fundraising and grants management. He was among the original planners and developers of the HBCU Library Alliance, and is highly regarded in the library and academic community both on and off campus. The Robert James Terry Library will miss this pioneering visionary. April 28, 2017 is Dr. Kamau's last day. I am sure he would appreciate hearing from his field of colleagues. Following is his campus email address: Kamau_ON@tsu.edu<mailto:Kamau_ON@tsu.edu>