ATLANTA UNIVERSITY CENTER ROBERT W. WOODRUFF LIBRARY RECEIVES SERVICE ORGANIZATION CONTROL II CERTIFICATION

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Wed, Dec 13, 2017 4:05 PM

Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library News
December 12, 2017

ATLANTA UNIVERSITY CENTER ROBERT W. WOODRUFF LIBRARY RECEIVES  SERVICE ORGANIZATION CONTROL II CERTIFICATION

The Atlanta University Center (AUC) Woodruff Library today announced the successful completion of its first, very extensive Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 audit, resulting in a CPA report affirming the Library's maintenance of effective controls over the security of its IT networking system.

The audit, which was conducted in September, reviewed the Library's capacity to meet the needs of existing or potential customers who need assurance about the effectiveness of controls and safeguards in the organization relevant to the security and availability of the system used to process customers' information.

Principles and related criteria used in the audit were developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) for use by practitioners in the performance of trust services engagements.  Having successfully completed the audit, the Library is now entitled to employ the AICPA SOC icon in its operational and promotional collateral.

"We are pleased that our SOC 2 Report has shown that we have the appropriate controls in place to mitigate risks related to Security & Availability," said AUC Woodruff Library CEO and Director Loretta Parham. "Our system is protected against unauthorized access (physical, logical and virtual) and is available for operation to fulfill our organization's maximum service capacity and, most important, to deliver with confidence the highest level of service that our users demand."

For a copy of the AICPA SOC2 Report, contact Eric Miller -CFO, AUC Woodruff Library (emiller@auctr.edu).

SANDRA M. PHOENIX
HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director
Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive SW
Atlanta, GA 30314
404-978-2118 (office)
404-702-5854 (cell)
http://www.hbculibraries.org/
sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org%3cmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>
Honor the ancestors, honor the children.

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance
Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/

Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library News December 12, 2017 ATLANTA UNIVERSITY CENTER ROBERT W. WOODRUFF LIBRARY RECEIVES SERVICE ORGANIZATION CONTROL II CERTIFICATION The Atlanta University Center (AUC) Woodruff Library today announced the successful completion of its first, very extensive Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 audit, resulting in a CPA report affirming the Library's maintenance of effective controls over the security of its IT networking system. The audit, which was conducted in September, reviewed the Library's capacity to meet the needs of existing or potential customers who need assurance about the effectiveness of controls and safeguards in the organization relevant to the security and availability of the system used to process customers' information. Principles and related criteria used in the audit were developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) for use by practitioners in the performance of trust services engagements. Having successfully completed the audit, the Library is now entitled to employ the AICPA SOC icon in its operational and promotional collateral. "We are pleased that our SOC 2 Report has shown that we have the appropriate controls in place to mitigate risks related to Security & Availability," said AUC Woodruff Library CEO and Director Loretta Parham. "Our system is protected against unauthorized access (physical, logical and virtual) and is available for operation to fulfill our organization's maximum service capacity and, most important, to deliver with confidence the highest level of service that our users demand." For a copy of the AICPA SOC2 Report, contact Eric Miller -CFO, AUC Woodruff Library (emiller@auctr.edu). SANDRA M. PHOENIX HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) http://www.hbculibraries.org/ sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org%3cmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> Honor the ancestors, honor the children. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/
Earles,Phyllis
Wed, Dec 13, 2017 8:30 PM

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the great news!

Earles

For a copy of the AICPA SOC2 Report, contact Eric Miller -CFO, AUC Woodruff Library (emiller@auctr.edumailto:emiller@auctr.edu).

http://www.hbculibraries.org/https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hbculibraries.org_&d=DwMFAg&c=aKVGQ2uftgEtyjWUfhfCVjzs5Cm37_HE6-sIB-MDAow&r=EwneODAalZ-9YlL8Ef0C_9z1innQDKAubxIefkq8lRA&m=9-SZL22lh66R6Pck_KVqeZ9nfYwpqMW6gzW7zBwBDjs&s=YoiKCpKp5-bEg44m3oRsYWPeRRMFnJvw2fm8L8-4lPM&e=

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_hbculibraryalliance1_&d=DwMFAg&c=aKVGQ2uftgEtyjWUfhfCVjzs5Cm37_HE6-sIB-MDAow&r=EwneODAalZ-9YlL8Ef0C_9z1innQDKAubxIefkq8lRA&m=9-SZL22lh66R6Pck_KVqeZ9nfYwpqMW6gzW7zBwBDjs&s=xZ4c2cqTJRgeYY4OvFZ2vZxd3aHKfgXh0MeUaW34Y9s&e= and Twitter https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliancehttps://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_HBCULibAlliance&d=DwMFAg&c=aKVGQ2uftgEtyjWUfhfCVjzs5Cm37_HE6-sIB-MDAow&r=EwneODAalZ-9YlL8Ef0C_9z1innQDKAubxIefkq8lRA&m=9-SZL22lh66R6Pck_KVqeZ9nfYwpqMW6gzW7zBwBDjs&s=ZZ27ujTalGokZrCiCoaCyMeAeBh7a_XHHxdgS4mpyNE&e=
Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com_&d=DwMFAg&c=aKVGQ2uftgEtyjWUfhfCVjzs5Cm37_HE6-sIB-MDAow&r=EwneODAalZ-9YlL8Ef0C_9z1innQDKAubxIefkq8lRA&m=9-SZL22lh66R6Pck_KVqeZ9nfYwpqMW6gzW7zBwBDjs&s=zC3-wdcRk-DLXAdVATb2fqWS-dcuGHKBOv0n-vYm2zY&e=

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the great news! Earles From: HBCU-Lib [mailto:hbcu-lib-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Phoenix Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:06 AM To: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org Cc: Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org Subject: ATLANTA UNIVERSITY CENTER ROBERT W. WOODRUFF LIBRARY RECEIVES SERVICE ORGANIZATION CONTROL II CERTIFICATION Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library News December 12, 2017 ATLANTA UNIVERSITY CENTER ROBERT W. WOODRUFF LIBRARY RECEIVES SERVICE ORGANIZATION CONTROL II CERTIFICATION The Atlanta University Center (AUC) Woodruff Library today announced the successful completion of its first, very extensive Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 audit, resulting in a CPA report affirming the Library's maintenance of effective controls over the security of its IT networking system. The audit, which was conducted in September, reviewed the Library's capacity to meet the needs of existing or potential customers who need assurance about the effectiveness of controls and safeguards in the organization relevant to the security and availability of the system used to process customers' information. Principles and related criteria used in the audit were developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) for use by practitioners in the performance of trust services engagements. Having successfully completed the audit, the Library is now entitled to employ the AICPA SOC icon in its operational and promotional collateral. "We are pleased that our SOC 2 Report has shown that we have the appropriate controls in place to mitigate risks related to Security & Availability," said AUC Woodruff Library CEO and Director Loretta Parham. "Our system is protected against unauthorized access (physical, logical and virtual) and is available for operation to fulfill our organization's maximum service capacity and, most important, to deliver with confidence the highest level of service that our users demand." For a copy of the AICPA SOC2 Report, contact Eric Miller -CFO, AUC Woodruff Library (emiller@auctr.edu<mailto:emiller@auctr.edu>). SANDRA M. PHOENIX HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) http://www.hbculibraries.org/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hbculibraries.org_&d=DwMFAg&c=aKVGQ2uftgEtyjWUfhfCVjzs5Cm37_HE6-sIB-MDAow&r=EwneODAalZ-9YlL8Ef0C_9z1innQDKAubxIefkq8lRA&m=9-SZL22lh66R6Pck_KVqeZ9nfYwpqMW6gzW7zBwBDjs&s=YoiKCpKp5-bEg44m3oRsYWPeRRMFnJvw2fm8L8-4lPM&e=> sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org%3cmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> Honor the ancestors, honor the children. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_hbculibraryalliance1_&d=DwMFAg&c=aKVGQ2uftgEtyjWUfhfCVjzs5Cm37_HE6-sIB-MDAow&r=EwneODAalZ-9YlL8Ef0C_9z1innQDKAubxIefkq8lRA&m=9-SZL22lh66R6Pck_KVqeZ9nfYwpqMW6gzW7zBwBDjs&s=xZ4c2cqTJRgeYY4OvFZ2vZxd3aHKfgXh0MeUaW34Y9s&e=> and Twitter https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_HBCULibAlliance&d=DwMFAg&c=aKVGQ2uftgEtyjWUfhfCVjzs5Cm37_HE6-sIB-MDAow&r=EwneODAalZ-9YlL8Ef0C_9z1innQDKAubxIefkq8lRA&m=9-SZL22lh66R6Pck_KVqeZ9nfYwpqMW6gzW7zBwBDjs&s=ZZ27ujTalGokZrCiCoaCyMeAeBh7a_XHHxdgS4mpyNE&e=> Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com_&d=DwMFAg&c=aKVGQ2uftgEtyjWUfhfCVjzs5Cm37_HE6-sIB-MDAow&r=EwneODAalZ-9YlL8Ef0C_9z1innQDKAubxIefkq8lRA&m=9-SZL22lh66R6Pck_KVqeZ9nfYwpqMW6gzW7zBwBDjs&s=zC3-wdcRk-DLXAdVATb2fqWS-dcuGHKBOv0n-vYm2zY&e=>