FW: Miles College Welcomes New Vice President of Student Life and Engagement

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Feb 7, 2017 2:46 PM

From: Intern Development [mailto:intern.development@miles.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 3, 2017 1:16 PM
To: Alicia Johnson Williams ajohnson@miles.edu
Subject: Miles College Welcomes New Vice President of Student Life and Engagement

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 3, 2017
Fairfield, AL- Miles College announces Charles J. Gibbs as the Vice President of Student Life and Engagement and will serve as the liaison between the student body, student organizations, faculty and administration.
Gibbs served as the Vice Provost for Student Affairs in the Office of the Provost and Chief Academic Officer at Howard University. During his tenure there he maintained a strong commitment by keeping the concerns of student life for undergraduate, graduate and professional students as his primary mission. Mr. Gibbs participated in the development of institutional policies and supporting services that assist students in reaching their educational goals by providing opportunities for the full college experience.
"My goal for the office of Student Affairs is to  promote student success, access, and inclusion by cultivating and leveraging partnerships with faculty, staff, families and  as well as local, state, national, and global organizations. I will challenge our students to become compassionate and responsible citizens and leaders by fostering an accessible and inclusive campus environment," said Gibbs.
Gibbs is a two-time Howard University graduate, having received his undergraduate degree in Marketing, and returning for his Master's degree in Education Administration and Policy. He is currently a third year doctoral student in the Educational Leadership and Policy Studies Program at Howard University.

From: Intern Development [mailto:intern.development@miles.edu] Sent: Friday, February 3, 2017 1:16 PM To: Alicia Johnson Williams <ajohnson@miles.edu> Subject: Miles College Welcomes New Vice President of Student Life and Engagement FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 3, 2017 Fairfield, AL- Miles College announces Charles J. Gibbs as the Vice President of Student Life and Engagement and will serve as the liaison between the student body, student organizations, faculty and administration. Gibbs served as the Vice Provost for Student Affairs in the Office of the Provost and Chief Academic Officer at Howard University. During his tenure there he maintained a strong commitment by keeping the concerns of student life for undergraduate, graduate and professional students as his primary mission. Mr. Gibbs participated in the development of institutional policies and supporting services that assist students in reaching their educational goals by providing opportunities for the full college experience. "My goal for the office of Student Affairs is to promote student success, access, and inclusion by cultivating and leveraging partnerships with faculty, staff, families and as well as local, state, national, and global organizations. I will challenge our students to become compassionate and responsible citizens and leaders by fostering an accessible and inclusive campus environment," said Gibbs. Gibbs is a two-time Howard University graduate, having received his undergraduate degree in Marketing, and returning for his Master's degree in Education Administration and Policy. He is currently a third year doctoral student in the Educational Leadership and Policy Studies Program at Howard University. ###