Passing of Mrs. Parham's mother

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Wed, Feb 15, 2017 12:01 AM

From: "Kenerson, Murle" <mkenerson@Tnstate.edumailto:mkenerson@Tnstate.edu>
Date: February 13, 2017 at 1:09:52 PM CST
To: Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>, "hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org" <hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org>
Cc: "Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org" <Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org>
Subject: RE: Passing of Mrs. Parham's mother
Mrs. Amanda Rudd gave me my first job in the Chicago Public Library System in 1975.  I worked at the Woodson Regional Library in Chicago for four years before attending the University of Michigan School of Library Science.  After graduating from library school I had the honor and privilege of working for the Library of Congress, Congressional Research Service, which for me, was a big deal. Her allowing me this journey of 35 years in the field of library science has always been special to me and I will never forget it.  My prayers are with Loretta and the family.

Murle

SANDRA M. PHOENIX
HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director
Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive SW
Atlanta, GA 30314
404-978-2118 (office)
404-702-5854 (cell)
http://www.hbculibraries.org/
sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org%3cmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>
Honor the ancestors, honor the children.

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance
Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/

From: "Kenerson, Murle" <mkenerson@Tnstate.edu<mailto:mkenerson@Tnstate.edu>> Date: February 13, 2017 at 1:09:52 PM CST To: Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>>, "hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org>" <hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org>> Cc: "Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org>" <Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org>> Subject: RE: Passing of Mrs. Parham's mother Mrs. Amanda Rudd gave me my first job in the Chicago Public Library System in 1975. I worked at the Woodson Regional Library in Chicago for four years before attending the University of Michigan School of Library Science. After graduating from library school I had the honor and privilege of working for the Library of Congress, Congressional Research Service, which for me, was a big deal. Her allowing me this journey of 35 years in the field of library science has always been special to me and I will never forget it. My prayers are with Loretta and the family. Murle SANDRA M. PHOENIX HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) http://www.hbculibraries.org/ sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org%3cmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> Honor the ancestors, honor the children. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/
RM
Robert Miller
Wed, Feb 15, 2017 4:06 AM

What a lovely tribute and by extension,  eulogy. May we all aspire to influence others in a fashion such as this...

My condolences on the passing of a lovely and honorable woman.

With regrets,

Robert

Robert Miller
Chief Executive Officer
1438 West Peachtree Street NW, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30309x-apple-data-detectors://1/1
Direct: 404-592-4898tel:404-592-4898
Cell: 415-640-1092tel:415-640-1092
Toll free: 800-999-8558tel:800-990-8558
Skype: Robert.Miller

[cid:image001.png@01CE1341.AA604180]http://www.lyrasis.org/
[Ficon]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lyrasis/148102075244[TIcon]https://twitter.com/lyrasis

From: "Kenerson, Murle" <mkenerson@Tnstate.edumailto:mkenerson@Tnstate.edu>
Date: February 13, 2017 at 1:09:52 PM CST
To: Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>, "hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org" <hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org>
Cc: "Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org" <Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org>
[...]

HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list
HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org

What a lovely tribute and by extension, eulogy. May we all aspire to influence others in a fashion such as this... My condolences on the passing of a lovely and honorable woman. With regrets, Robert Robert Miller Chief Executive Officer 1438 West Peachtree Street NW, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30309<x-apple-data-detectors://1/1> Direct: 404-592-4898<tel:404-592-4898> Cell: 415-640-1092<tel:415-640-1092> Toll free: 800-999-8558<tel:800-990-8558> Skype: Robert.Miller [cid:image001.png@01CE1341.AA604180]<http://www.lyrasis.org/> [Ficon]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lyrasis/148102075244>[TIcon]<https://twitter.com/lyrasis> On Feb 14, 2017, at 7:04 PM, Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> wrote: From: "Kenerson, Murle" <mkenerson@Tnstate.edu<mailto:mkenerson@Tnstate.edu>> Date: February 13, 2017 at 1:09:52 PM CST To: Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>>, "hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org>" <hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org>> Cc: "Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org>" <Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org>> Subject: RE: Passing of Mrs. Parham's mother Mrs. Amanda Rudd gave me my first job in the Chicago Public Library System in 1975. I worked at the Woodson Regional Library in Chicago for four years before attending the University of Michigan School of Library Science. After graduating from library school I had the honor and privilege of working for the Library of Congress, Congressional Research Service, which for me, was a big deal. Her allowing me this journey of 35 years in the field of library science has always been special to me and I will never forget it. My prayers are with Loretta and the family. Murle SANDRA M. PHOENIX HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) http://www.hbculibraries.org/ sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org%3cmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> Honor the ancestors, honor the children. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/ _______________________________________________ HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org> http://lists.hbculibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu-libadmin_lists.hbculibraries.org