ALA Presentation

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Jun 18, 2019 1:52 PM

Colleagues,

I trust you're well.  See messaging below from Glenda Alvin, Tennessee State University re: ALA presentation. Your attendance is appreciated!!

Respectfully,

Sandra

Are you contemplating the next step in your career, and considering management and supervision? Our session will be packed with information!

ALA/ACRL Program Announcement:
Climbing the Ladder: African American Deans and Director Speak on Leadership
Saturday, June 22, 2019
9:00 AM-10:00 AM/Washington Convention Center, Room 143 C

"Follow Your Path"

Trevor A. Dawes, Vice Provost for Libraries and Museums/University of Delaware

"Leadership Pathfinding: An HBCU Library Director's Perspective"

Richard Bradberry, Director of Library Services/Morgan State University

"Library Leadership: It Takes Grit and Preparation"

Theresa Byrd, Dean of the University Library, University of San Diego

Glenda Alvin, Moderator

Assistant Director for Collection Management & Administration/Tennessee State University

https://www.eventscribe.com/2019/ALA-Annual/fsPopup.asp?Mode=presInfo&PresentationID=496225

SANDRA M. PHOENIX
HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director
Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive SW
Atlanta, GA 30314
404-978-2118 (office)
404-702-5854 (cell)
http://www.hbculibraries.org/
sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org%3cmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>
Honor the ancestors, the children, and those yet to come.

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance
Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/

Colleagues, I trust you're well. See messaging below from Glenda Alvin, Tennessee State University re: ALA presentation. Your attendance is appreciated!! Respectfully, Sandra Are you contemplating the next step in your career, and considering management and supervision? Our session will be packed with information! ALA/ACRL Program Announcement: Climbing the Ladder: African American Deans and Director Speak on Leadership Saturday, June 22, 2019 9:00 AM-10:00 AM/Washington Convention Center, Room 143 C "Follow Your Path" Trevor A. Dawes, Vice Provost for Libraries and Museums/University of Delaware "Leadership Pathfinding: An HBCU Library Director's Perspective" Richard Bradberry, Director of Library Services/Morgan State University "Library Leadership: It Takes Grit and Preparation" Theresa Byrd, Dean of the University Library, University of San Diego Glenda Alvin, Moderator Assistant Director for Collection Management & Administration/Tennessee State University https://www.eventscribe.com/2019/ALA-Annual/fsPopup.asp?Mode=presInfo&PresentationID=496225 SANDRA M. PHOENIX HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) http://www.hbculibraries.org/ sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org%3cmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> Honor the ancestors, the children, and those yet to come. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/
LP
Loretta Parham
Tue, Jun 18, 2019 4:36 PM

Sounds like an exceptional program, I hope others can attend!

I cannot, as I will be in a day-long meeting of the Committee for Accreditation (COA).

Loretta Parham, CEO & Director
Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library
We will always provide service that exceeds the customer's expectation...Because We Care!

Saturday, June 22, 2019
[...]

Sounds like an exceptional program, I hope others can attend! I cannot, as I will be in a day-long meeting of the Committee for Accreditation (COA). Loretta Parham, CEO & Director Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library We will always provide service that exceeds the customer's expectation...Because We Care! From: HBCU-LibAdmin [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Phoenix Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:52 AM To: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org Cc: Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org Subject: ALA Presentation Colleagues, I trust you're well. See messaging below from Glenda Alvin, Tennessee State University re: ALA presentation. Your attendance is appreciated!! Respectfully, Sandra Are you contemplating the next step in your career, and considering management and supervision? Our session will be packed with information! ALA/ACRL Program Announcement: Climbing the Ladder: African American Deans and Director Speak on Leadership Saturday, June 22, 2019 9:00 AM-10:00 AM/Washington Convention Center, Room 143 C "Follow Your Path" Trevor A. Dawes, Vice Provost for Libraries and Museums/University of Delaware "Leadership Pathfinding: An HBCU Library Director's Perspective" Richard Bradberry, Director of Library Services/Morgan State University "Library Leadership: It Takes Grit and Preparation" Theresa Byrd, Dean of the University Library, University of San Diego Glenda Alvin, Moderator Assistant Director for Collection Management & Administration/Tennessee State University https://www.eventscribe.com/2019/ALA-Annual/fsPopup.asp?Mode=presInfo&PresentationID=496225 SANDRA M. PHOENIX HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) http://www.hbculibraries.org/ sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org%3cmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> Honor the ancestors, the children, and those yet to come. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/
RM
Robert Miller
Tue, Jun 18, 2019 4:48 PM

Sounds very interesting.

Will there be a web link before or after?

Robert Miller
Chief Executive Officer
West Coast Technology Center - San Francisco, Ca.
East Coast Operations Center - Atlanta Ga.x-apple-data-detectors://1/1
Cell: 415-640-1092tel:415-640-1092
Skype: Robert-Miller

[cid:image001.jpg@01D404A7.ECEA13C0]http://www.lyrasis.org/
[signature_270457481]https://www.lyrasis.org/Leadership/Pages/Leaders-Circle.aspx

Ask me about joining the Leaders Circlehttps://www.lyrasis.org/Leadership/Pages/Leaders-Circle.aspx
[/Users/sammitchell/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_508100162]

[cid:FD3ABAFB-3F96-4F28-8D3E-233A7D8BAD31@hsd1.ca.comcast.net]

[cid:image002.png@01D39036.091DD4A0]

<image002.gif>

Saturday, June 22, 2019
[...]

HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list
HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org

Sounds very interesting. Will there be a web link before or after? R Robert Miller Chief Executive Officer West Coast Technology Center - San Francisco, Ca. East Coast Operations Center - Atlanta Ga.<x-apple-data-detectors://1/1> Cell: 415-640-1092<tel:415-640-1092> Skype: Robert-Miller [cid:image001.jpg@01D404A7.ECEA13C0]<http://www.lyrasis.org/> [signature_270457481]<https://www.lyrasis.org/Leadership/Pages/Leaders-Circle.aspx> Ask me about joining the Leaders Circle<https://www.lyrasis.org/Leadership/Pages/Leaders-Circle.aspx> [/Users/sammitchell/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_508100162] [cid:FD3ABAFB-3F96-4F28-8D3E-233A7D8BAD31@hsd1.ca.comcast.net] [cid:image002.png@01D39036.091DD4A0] On Jun 18, 2019, at 9:36 AM, Loretta Parham <lparham@auctr.edu<mailto:lparham@auctr.edu>> wrote: <image002.gif> Sounds like an exceptional program, I hope others can attend! I cannot, as I will be in a day-long meeting of the Committee for Accreditation (COA). Loretta Parham, CEO & Director Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library We will always provide service that exceeds the customer’s expectation…Because We Care! From: HBCU-LibAdmin [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Phoenix Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:52 AM To: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org> Cc: Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org> Subject: ALA Presentation Colleagues, I trust you’re well. See messaging below from Glenda Alvin, Tennessee State University re: ALA presentation. Your attendance is appreciated!! Respectfully, Sandra Are you contemplating the next step in your career, and considering management and supervision? Our session will be packed with information! ALA/ACRL Program Announcement: Climbing the Ladder: African American Deans and Director Speak on Leadership Saturday, June 22, 2019 9:00 AM-10:00 AM/Washington Convention Center, Room 143 C “Follow Your Path” Trevor A. Dawes, Vice Provost for Libraries and Museums/University of Delaware “Leadership Pathfinding: An HBCU Library Director’s Perspective” Richard Bradberry, Director of Library Services/Morgan State University “Library Leadership: It Takes Grit and Preparation” Theresa Byrd, Dean of the University Library, University of San Diego Glenda Alvin, Moderator Assistant Director for Collection Management & Administration/Tennessee State University https://www.eventscribe.com/2019/ALA-Annual/fsPopup.asp?Mode=presInfo&PresentationID=496225 SANDRA M. PHOENIX HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) http://www.hbculibraries.org/ sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org%3cmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> Honor the ancestors, the children, and those yet to come. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/ _______________________________________________ HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org> http://lists.hbculibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu-libadmin_lists.hbculibraries.org