FW: Lincoln University Receives Continued Accreditation

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Fri, Sep 12, 2014 2:20 PM

From: Young, Misty [mailto:YoungM@lincolnu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:24 PM
Subject: Lincoln University Receives Continued Accreditation

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT MISTY YOUNG

(573) 681-6032

September 11, 2014

LINCOLN UNIVERSITY RECEIVES CONTINUED ACCREDITATION

Jefferson City, MO- Lincoln University has received official notification of continued accreditation for another decade.  In a letter dated September 3, the Higher Learning Commission reports the university's accreditation has been extended through the 2022-2023 Academic Year.

Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Dr. Said Sewell calls the reaffirmation an extension of the university's legacy of excellence."Lincoln University has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission for over five decades, and we have continuously met its high accreditation standards.  The reaffirmation by the commission for another 10 years (2022-2023) attests to the fact that we are meeting our strategic goals and keeping to institutional accreditation standards," says Sewell. "I want to thank the committee for their hard work and our students, faculty and staff for their dedication. Although we have been reaffirmed, we will continue to improve our quality and processes to ensure that our students are getting the best education in one of the best universities in the Midwest."

Lincoln University was founded in 1866 by the enlisted men and officers of the 62nd and 65th Colored Infantries.  The first recorded accreditation in university history is 1925, when the Lincoln University Laboratory High School received accreditation from the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.

Misty Young
Director, Office of University Relations
573-681-5580
www.lincolnu.eduhttp://www.lincolnu.edu/

From: Young, Misty [mailto:YoungM@lincolnu.edu] Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:24 PM Subject: Lincoln University Receives Continued Accreditation FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT MISTY YOUNG (573) 681-6032 September 11, 2014 LINCOLN UNIVERSITY RECEIVES CONTINUED ACCREDITATION Jefferson City, MO- Lincoln University has received official notification of continued accreditation for another decade. In a letter dated September 3, the Higher Learning Commission reports the university's accreditation has been extended through the 2022-2023 Academic Year. Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Dr. Said Sewell calls the reaffirmation an extension of the university's legacy of excellence."Lincoln University has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission for over five decades, and we have continuously met its high accreditation standards. The reaffirmation by the commission for another 10 years (2022-2023) attests to the fact that we are meeting our strategic goals and keeping to institutional accreditation standards," says Sewell. "I want to thank the committee for their hard work and our students, faculty and staff for their dedication. Although we have been reaffirmed, we will continue to improve our quality and processes to ensure that our students are getting the best education in one of the best universities in the Midwest." Lincoln University was founded in 1866 by the enlisted men and officers of the 62nd and 65th Colored Infantries. The first recorded accreditation in university history is 1925, when the Lincoln University Laboratory High School received accreditation from the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. ### Misty Young Director, Office of University Relations 573-681-5580 www.lincolnu.edu<http://www.lincolnu.edu/>