October 10,11 Membership Meeting - Register Now!!!

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Aug 16, 2016 4:42 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

I trust you're well.  Today I'm celebrating the upcoming October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta.  In less than two months we'll gather together to celebrate, network and strategize. Veronica Cohen, Associate Vice-President for Major and Planned Gifts at Claflin University (SC) and HBCU Library Alliance Advancement Advisor, is excited to keynote, learn from our experiences and share insights.

Our meeting begins on Monday, October 10 with lunch at the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library. Members will return to the Marriott Marquis Peachtree Center at 5:00 for a reception and Poster Sessions.  Tuesday's meeting at Woodruff Library begins with a hot breakfast at 8:30 and ends by 3:00.

Registration

Forty-three colleagues are registered for the meeting, including several first-time attendees.  Members have shared that they must delay registration until budgets are received later this month. If you haven't processed registration and hotel accommodations, follow this link immediately http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html for more information. Please register as soon as possible to allow ample time for invoice processing and materials preparation.

Decade of Investment Initiative

Have you invested in the HBCU Library Alliance? As you recall, the Decade of Investment fundraiser was established by HBCU Library Alliance Founding Member Emma Perry at the 2012 Membership Meeting in celebration of the Alliance's first decade of service to member institutions. The purpose of the initiative is to generate funds to support the Alliance's service to member institutions and is a continuing component of the Alliance's fundraising plan. Each member is encouraged to invest at least $100.00 to support the Decade of Investment Initiative.  Investors will be acknowledged at the Membership Meeting and listed in the program booklet. All investments must be received by Monday, September 19th to get included in the program booklet. Access this link http://hbculibraries.org/paypal.htmlhttps://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__hbculibraries.org_paypal.html&d=DQMFAg&c=x0kF_uL9Aj8Nho9NV_Y5N0VRgus3JhNu4ET-UrQfa2c&r=FhUrquUi_TfuG42Kywi7-xHTtqu_2-SLMz9UjGNFRQY&m=mkTKMwjOkoXdIMHU-C54QAAHj66N_1efFgxEuOeKwMU&s=P33k_jyzUwjlJV0KPC9_zDPcF88sQ9zgsFsg4RXrw4w&e= for more information.

Poster Sessions and Conference Presentations

The call for posters and conference presentations was announced on July 17th.  I'm excited to share that twelve institutions responded with topics including digital preservation, current trends impacting scholarly publishing, and strategies to enhance the role of the library. For me, this level of response speaks to our relevance, confirming that the HBCU Library Alliance community is strengthened by sharing skills and experiences. You don't want to miss these sessions!

IMPORTANT LINKS

Registration: http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html

Decade of Investment: http://hbculibraries.org/paypal.html

Contact me directly if you have questions or need additional information. Looking forward to our time in Atlanta!

Respectfully,

Sandra

SANDRA M. PHOENIX
Executive Director
HBCU Library Alliance
sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
www.hbculibraries.orghttp://www.hbculibraries.org/
404-978-2118 (office)
404-702-5854 (cell)
404-577-5158 (fax)
Honor the ancestors, honor the children.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter at https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance

Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/

7th Biennial Membership Meeting: Register here http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html for the October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta.

Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive SW
Atlanta, GA 30314-4207
www.auctr.eduhttp://www.auctr.edu/

We will always provide service that exceeds the customer's expectation...Because We Care!

[...]
ML
Mantra L Henderson
Thu, Aug 18, 2016 7:33 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

As the Membership Meeting approaches, my excitement grows. I cannot wait to experience what my colleagues have prepared for us for the presentations and poster sessions. I am making sure my registration fees are paid, my hotel booked and my decade of investment donation is made. I'm so excited, are you?

Mantra Henderson, MLIS

Director of Library Services

James H. White Library

Mississippi Valley State University

14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232

Itta Bena, MS 38941

662-254-3494 (phone)

662-254-3499 (fax)

[...]

Greetings Colleagues, As the Membership Meeting approaches, my excitement grows. I cannot wait to experience what my colleagues have prepared for us for the presentations and poster sessions. I am making sure my registration fees are paid, my hotel booked and my decade of investment donation is made. I'm so excited, are you? Mantra Henderson, MLIS Director of Library Services James H. White Library Mississippi Valley State University 14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232 Itta Bena, MS 38941 662-254-3494 (phone) 662-254-3499 (fax) ________________________________ From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org <hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org> on behalf of Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:42:55 AM To: 'hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: October 10,11 Membership Meeting - Register Now!!! Greetings Colleagues, I trust you’re well. Today I’m celebrating the upcoming October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta. In less than two months we’ll gather together to celebrate, network and strategize. Veronica Cohen, Associate Vice-President for Major and Planned Gifts at Claflin University (SC) and HBCU Library Alliance Advancement Advisor, is excited to keynote, learn from our experiences and share insights. Our meeting begins on Monday, October 10 with lunch at the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library. Members will return to the Marriott Marquis Peachtree Center at 5:00 for a reception and Poster Sessions. Tuesday’s meeting at Woodruff Library begins with a hot breakfast at 8:30 and ends by 3:00. Registration Forty-three colleagues are registered for the meeting, including several first-time attendees. Members have shared that they must delay registration until budgets are received later this month. If you haven’t processed registration and hotel accommodations, follow this link immediately http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html for more information. Please register as soon as possible to allow ample time for invoice processing and materials preparation. Decade of Investment Initiative Have you invested in the HBCU Library Alliance? As you recall, the Decade of Investment fundraiser was established by HBCU Library Alliance Founding Member Emma Perry at the 2012 Membership Meeting in celebration of the Alliance’s first decade of service to member institutions. The purpose of the initiative is to generate funds to support the Alliance’s service to member institutions and is a continuing component of the Alliance’s fundraising plan. Each member is encouraged to invest at least $100.00 to support the Decade of Investment Initiative. Investors will be acknowledged at the Membership Meeting and listed in the program booklet. All investments must be received by Monday, September 19th to get included in the program booklet. Access this link http://hbculibraries.org/paypal.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__hbculibraries.org_paypal.html&d=DQMFAg&c=x0kF_uL9Aj8Nho9NV_Y5N0VRgus3JhNu4ET-UrQfa2c&r=FhUrquUi_TfuG42Kywi7-xHTtqu_2-SLMz9UjGNFRQY&m=mkTKMwjOkoXdIMHU-C54QAAHj66N_1efFgxEuOeKwMU&s=P33k_jyzUwjlJV0KPC9_zDPcF88sQ9zgsFsg4RXrw4w&e=> for more information. Poster Sessions and Conference Presentations The call for posters and conference presentations was announced on July 17th. I’m excited to share that twelve institutions responded with topics including digital preservation, current trends impacting scholarly publishing, and strategies to enhance the role of the library. For me, this level of response speaks to our relevance, confirming that the HBCU Library Alliance community is strengthened by sharing skills and experiences. You don’t want to miss these sessions! IMPORTANT LINKS Registration: http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html Decade of Investment: http://hbculibraries.org/paypal.html Contact me directly if you have questions or need additional information. Looking forward to our time in Atlanta! Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) 404-577-5158 (fax) Honor the ancestors, honor the children. Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter at https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/ 7th Biennial Membership Meeting: Register here http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html for the October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta. Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314-4207 www.auctr.edu<http://www.auctr.edu/> We will always provide service that exceeds the customer’s expectation…Because We Care!
NT
Nevels, Tiwanna S.
Fri, Aug 19, 2016 1:09 PM

Yes!! I am so excited. This will be one to remember. This will be my first time attending, but surely won't be the last! See you at the Meeting!

Tiwanna Nevels, MLS
Director of Library Services

Saint Augustine's University
The Prezell R. Robinson Library| Room 202
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610
Office: 919-516-4150  Fax: 919-516-4575

[...]

Yes!! I am so excited. This will be one to remember. This will be my first time attending, but surely won't be the last! See you at the Meeting! Tiwanna Nevels, MLS Director of Library Services Saint Augustine's University The Prezell R. Robinson Library| Room 202 1315 Oakwood Avenue Raleigh, NC 27610 Office: 919-516-4150 Fax: 919-516-4575 Email: tsnevels@st-aug.edu<mailto:tsnevels@st-aug.edu> [SAU logo_email signature] From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Mantra L Henderson Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:33 PM To: Sandra Phoenix; 'hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: Re: October 10,11 Membership Meeting - Register Now!!! Greetings Colleagues, As the Membership Meeting approaches, my excitement grows. I cannot wait to experience what my colleagues have prepared for us for the presentations and poster sessions. I am making sure my registration fees are paid, my hotel booked and my decade of investment donation is made. I'm so excited, are you? Mantra Henderson, MLIS Director of Library Services James H. White Library Mississippi Valley State University 14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232 Itta Bena, MS 38941 662-254-3494 (phone) 662-254-3499 (fax) ________________________________ From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org> <hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org>> on behalf of Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:42:55 AM To: 'hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: October 10,11 Membership Meeting - Register Now!!! Greetings Colleagues, I trust you're well. Today I'm celebrating the upcoming October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta. In less than two months we'll gather together to celebrate, network and strategize. Veronica Cohen, Associate Vice-President for Major and Planned Gifts at Claflin University (SC) and HBCU Library Alliance Advancement Advisor, is excited to keynote, learn from our experiences and share insights. Our meeting begins on Monday, October 10 with lunch at the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library. Members will return to the Marriott Marquis Peachtree Center at 5:00 for a reception and Poster Sessions. Tuesday's meeting at Woodruff Library begins with a hot breakfast at 8:30 and ends by 3:00. Registration Forty-three colleagues are registered for the meeting, including several first-time attendees. Members have shared that they must delay registration until budgets are received later this month. If you haven't processed registration and hotel accommodations, follow this link immediately http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html for more information. Please register as soon as possible to allow ample time for invoice processing and materials preparation. Decade of Investment Initiative Have you invested in the HBCU Library Alliance? As you recall, the Decade of Investment fundraiser was established by HBCU Library Alliance Founding Member Emma Perry at the 2012 Membership Meeting in celebration of the Alliance's first decade of service to member institutions. The purpose of the initiative is to generate funds to support the Alliance's service to member institutions and is a continuing component of the Alliance's fundraising plan. Each member is encouraged to invest at least $100.00 to support the Decade of Investment Initiative. Investors will be acknowledged at the Membership Meeting and listed in the program booklet. All investments must be received by Monday, September 19th to get included in the program booklet. Access this link http://hbculibraries.org/paypal.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__hbculibraries.org_paypal.html&d=DQMFAg&c=x0kF_uL9Aj8Nho9NV_Y5N0VRgus3JhNu4ET-UrQfa2c&r=FhUrquUi_TfuG42Kywi7-xHTtqu_2-SLMz9UjGNFRQY&m=mkTKMwjOkoXdIMHU-C54QAAHj66N_1efFgxEuOeKwMU&s=P33k_jyzUwjlJV0KPC9_zDPcF88sQ9zgsFsg4RXrw4w&e=> for more information. Poster Sessions and Conference Presentations The call for posters and conference presentations was announced on July 17th. I'm excited to share that twelve institutions responded with topics including digital preservation, current trends impacting scholarly publishing, and strategies to enhance the role of the library. For me, this level of response speaks to our relevance, confirming that the HBCU Library Alliance community is strengthened by sharing skills and experiences. You don't want to miss these sessions! IMPORTANT LINKS Registration: http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html Decade of Investment: http://hbculibraries.org/paypal.html Contact me directly if you have questions or need additional information. Looking forward to our time in Atlanta! Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) 404-577-5158 (fax) Honor the ancestors, honor the children. Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter at https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/ 7th Biennial Membership Meeting: Register here http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html for the October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta. Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314-4207 www.auctr.edu<http://www.auctr.edu/> We will always provide service that exceeds the customer's expectation...Because We Care!
RM
Robert Miller
Fri, Aug 19, 2016 4:36 PM

Thanks All!

Robert

Robert Miller
Chief Executive Officer
1438 West Peachtree Street NW, Suite 150, Atlanta, GA 30309
Cell: 415-640-1092
Toll free: 800-999-8558
Skype: Robert-Miller

[cid:152E64D5-4E98-43BE-8C93-F62E3E18C830@dia.dnvr][cid:88B96204-848E-450E-AFEA-1E44142C5004] https://twitter.com/lyrasis
https://twitter.com/lyrasis
On Aug 19, 2016, at 8:09 AM, Nevels, Tiwanna S. <tsnevels@st-aug.edumailto:tsnevels@st-aug.edu> wrote:

[...]

HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list
HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org

Thanks All! Robert Robert Miller Chief Executive Officer 1438 West Peachtree Street NW, Suite 150, Atlanta, GA 30309 Cell: 415-640-1092 Toll free: 800-999-8558 Skype: Robert-Miller [cid:152E64D5-4E98-43BE-8C93-F62E3E18C830@dia.dnvr][cid:88B96204-848E-450E-AFEA-1E44142C5004] <https://twitter.com/lyrasis> <https://twitter.com/lyrasis> On Aug 19, 2016, at 8:09 AM, Nevels, Tiwanna S. <tsnevels@st-aug.edu<mailto:tsnevels@st-aug.edu>> wrote: Yes!! I am so excited. This will be one to remember. This will be my first time attending, but surely won’t be the last! See you at the Meeting! Tiwanna Nevels, MLS Director of Library Services Saint Augustine’s University The Prezell R. Robinson Library| Room 202 1315 Oakwood Avenue Raleigh, NC 27610 Office: 919-516-4150 Fax: 919-516-4575 Email: tsnevels@st-aug.edu<mailto:tsnevels@st-aug.edu> <image001.jpg> From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org> [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Mantra L Henderson Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:33 PM To: Sandra Phoenix; 'hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org>' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org>'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu<mailto:kjefferson@auctr.edu>' Subject: Re: October 10,11 Membership Meeting - Register Now!!! Greetings Colleagues, As the Membership Meeting approaches, my excitement grows. I cannot wait to experience what my colleagues have prepared for us for the presentations and poster sessions. I am making sure my registration fees are paid, my hotel booked and my decade of investment donation is made. I'm so excited, are you? Mantra Henderson, MLIS Director of Library Services James H. White Library Mississippi Valley State University 14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232 Itta Bena, MS 38941 662-254-3494 (phone) 662-254-3499 (fax) ________________________________ From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org> <hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org>> on behalf of Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:42:55 AM To: 'hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org>' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org>'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu<mailto:kjefferson@auctr.edu>' Subject: October 10,11 Membership Meeting - Register Now!!! Greetings Colleagues, I trust you’re well. Today I’m celebrating the upcoming October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta. In less than two months we’ll gather together to celebrate, network and strategize. Veronica Cohen, Associate Vice-President for Major and Planned Gifts at Claflin University (SC) and HBCU Library Alliance Advancement Advisor, is excited to keynote, learn from our experiences and share insights. Our meeting begins on Monday, October 10 with lunch at the Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library. Members will return to the Marriott Marquis Peachtree Center at 5:00 for a reception and Poster Sessions. Tuesday’s meeting at Woodruff Library begins with a hot breakfast at 8:30 and ends by 3:00. Registration Forty-three colleagues are registered for the meeting, including several first-time attendees. Members have shared that they must delay registration until budgets are received later this month. If you haven’t processed registration and hotel accommodations, follow this link immediately http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html for more information. Please register as soon as possible to allow ample time for invoice processing and materials preparation. Decade of Investment Initiative Have you invested in the HBCU Library Alliance? As you recall, the Decade of Investment fundraiser was established by HBCU Library Alliance Founding Member Emma Perry at the 2012 Membership Meeting in celebration of the Alliance’s first decade of service to member institutions. The purpose of the initiative is to generate funds to support the Alliance’s service to member institutions and is a continuing component of the Alliance’s fundraising plan. Each member is encouraged to invest at least $100.00 to support the Decade of Investment Initiative. Investors will be acknowledged at the Membership Meeting and listed in the program booklet. All investments must be received by Monday, September 19th to get included in the program booklet. Access this link http://hbculibraries.org/paypal.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__hbculibraries.org_paypal.html&d=DQMFAg&c=x0kF_uL9Aj8Nho9NV_Y5N0VRgus3JhNu4ET-UrQfa2c&r=FhUrquUi_TfuG42Kywi7-xHTtqu_2-SLMz9UjGNFRQY&m=mkTKMwjOkoXdIMHU-C54QAAHj66N_1efFgxEuOeKwMU&s=P33k_jyzUwjlJV0KPC9_zDPcF88sQ9zgsFsg4RXrw4w&e=> for more information. Poster Sessions and Conference Presentations The call for posters and conference presentations was announced on July 17th. I’m excited to share that twelve institutions responded with topics including digital preservation, current trends impacting scholarly publishing, and strategies to enhance the role of the library. For me, this level of response speaks to our relevance, confirming that the HBCU Library Alliance community is strengthened by sharing skills and experiences. You don’t want to miss these sessions! IMPORTANT LINKS Registration: http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html Decade of Investment: http://hbculibraries.org/paypal.html Contact me directly if you have questions or need additional information. Looking forward to our time in Atlanta! Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) 404-577-5158 (fax) Honor the ancestors, honor the children. Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitterat https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/ 7th Biennial Membership Meeting: Register here http://hbculibraries.org/2016meeting-form.html for the October 10,11 Membership Meeting in Atlanta. Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314-4207 www.auctr.edu<http://www.auctr.edu/> We will always provide service that exceeds the customer’s expectation…Because We Care! ­­ _______________________________________________ HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:HBCU-LibAdmin@lists.hbculibraries.org> http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/listinfo/hbcu-libadmin