FW: Building Momentum: Promoting Your Collections -Thursday, September 12, 10:00 ET - REGISTER NOW!!!

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 12:58 AM

Colleagues,

Be sure to register for the fourth and final webinar of the Building Capacity series.  Links to previous webinars are listed below.

Respectfully,

Sandra

Wednesday, July 31 Webinar 1: Introduction to Building Capacity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha3zpJeZWCQ&feature=youtu.be

Wednesday, August 14 Webinar 2: Collections Care Basics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DS2U-Nj_Og

Tuesday, August 27 Webinar 3: Know Your Collections: Collections Management
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DS2U-Nj_Og

From: Sandra Phoenix
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:59 PM
To: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org
Cc: Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.orgmailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org
Subject: FW: Building Momentum: Promoting Your Collections -Thursday, September 12, 10:00 ET - REGISTER NOW!!!

Greetings Colleagues,

I trust you're well.  Registration is open for our final webinar of the four-part series marking the official launch of "Building Capacity-HBCU." As you recall, the HBCU Library Alliance was awarded an NEH Challenge Grant for this program.

"Building Capacity-HBCU" is a five-year program to address preservation and conservation needs at the special collections located at our member libraries. Through this program, your library will be able to competitively request funding for preservation planning documents, collection surveys, treatment and rehousing services, and educational programs.

Our fourth and final webinar, Building Momentum: Promoting Your Collections, scheduled for Thursday, September 12, 10:00 ET, will present both promotional and fundraising strategies for capitalizing on your grant projects. The webinar will be led by Lee Price, Director of Development at the Conservation Centers for Art and Historic Artifacts (CCAHA), and Jason Henn, CCAHA Manager of Marketing and External Relations. The webinar will be recorded and made available through the HBCU Library Alliance's website.

To register, access this survey monkey link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BQKLQG7  and input the requested information. There is no limit to the number of colleagues who may attend from your library. The finish line for registration for this webinar is Wednesday, September 11, at noon.

Please share this announcement as appropriate and let me know if you have questions or need additional information.

Do not miss this opportunity and stay tuned!

Respectfully,

Sandra

SANDRA M. PHOENIX
HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director
Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive SW
Atlanta GA 30314
404-978-2118 (office)
404-702-5854 (cell)
http://www.hbculibraries.orghttp://www.hbculibraries.org/
sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
Honor the ancestors, honor the children and those yet to come.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter at https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance
Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/

Colleagues, Be sure to register for the fourth and final webinar of the Building Capacity series. Links to previous webinars are listed below. Respectfully, Sandra Wednesday, July 31 Webinar 1: Introduction to Building Capacity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha3zpJeZWCQ&feature=youtu.be Wednesday, August 14 Webinar 2: Collections Care Basics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DS2U-Nj_Og Tuesday, August 27 Webinar 3: Know Your Collections: Collections Management https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DS2U-Nj_Og From: Sandra Phoenix Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:59 PM To: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org> Cc: Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org> Subject: FW: Building Momentum: Promoting Your Collections -Thursday, September 12, 10:00 ET - REGISTER NOW!!! Greetings Colleagues, I trust you're well. Registration is open for our final webinar of the four-part series marking the official launch of "Building Capacity-HBCU." As you recall, the HBCU Library Alliance was awarded an NEH Challenge Grant for this program. "Building Capacity-HBCU" is a five-year program to address preservation and conservation needs at the special collections located at our member libraries. Through this program, your library will be able to competitively request funding for preservation planning documents, collection surveys, treatment and rehousing services, and educational programs. Our fourth and final webinar, Building Momentum: Promoting Your Collections, scheduled for Thursday, September 12, 10:00 ET, will present both promotional and fundraising strategies for capitalizing on your grant projects. The webinar will be led by Lee Price, Director of Development at the Conservation Centers for Art and Historic Artifacts (CCAHA), and Jason Henn, CCAHA Manager of Marketing and External Relations. The webinar will be recorded and made available through the HBCU Library Alliance's website. To register, access this survey monkey link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BQKLQG7 and input the requested information. There is no limit to the number of colleagues who may attend from your library. The finish line for registration for this webinar is Wednesday, September 11, at noon. Please share this announcement as appropriate and let me know if you have questions or need additional information. Do not miss this opportunity and stay tuned! Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX HBCU Library Alliance Executive Director Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta GA 30314 404-978-2118 (office) 404-702-5854 (cell) http://www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Honor the ancestors, honor the children and those yet to come. Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hbculibraryalliance1/ and Twitter at https://twitter.com/HBCULibAlliance Check out "PULSE!" The HBCU Library Alliance's News Source! - https://hbculibraryalliance.wordpress.com/