FW: Job Posting

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Jan 17, 2017 8:33 PM

From: Marvelyn Thomas
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:04 PM
To: All-Staff all-staff@auctr.edu
Subject: Job Posting

POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
JOB TITLE:  Planning and Communications Assistant

www.auctr.eduhttp://www.auctr.edu/

The Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library (RWWL-AUC) supports the teaching and learning missions of four institutions of higher learning that comprise the world's largest consortium of HBCUs-Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman College.  Conveniently located and easily accessible to the campuses, the Woodruff Library is the center of the intellectual and social life at the Atlanta University Center.

POSITION SUMMARY:
The Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library is committed to displaying excellence in our delivery of service and is known for transformative change in innovative services and programs.  Our organizational culture is represented by a staff of engaged and highly motivated individuals and is one in which entrepreneurial thinking is encouraged. These factors are evidenced by our library's recognition in the "university library" category for the 2016 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award.  To continue our excellence in program and services, the library seeks an experienced, energetic, detail oriented, and highly motivated individual to join the Planning, Assessment and Communication department as the Planning and Communications Assistant.  This position will serve as a key liaison between the Office of Planning, Assessment and Communications (OPAC) and the Library's staff to provide technical expertise and marketing support in the carrying out of their communications, planning and assessment needs.

Responsibilities:

  •   Create marketing collateral, including social media and print materials, to support Library communications and marketing projects.

  •   Work closely with librarians and appropriate Library and Archives Research Center staff to understand and meet their marketing needs for the Atlanta University Center community.

  •   Assist with the design and implementation of survey instruments to assess effectiveness of Library services and resources. Maintain survey results in accordance with established procedures.

  •   Assist in ensuring that the OPAC Department's documents are properly organized, uploaded, and made accessible, as appropriate.

  •   Assist in maintaining databases for the OPAC Department's Friends' Council and statistical templates.

  •   Help coordinate strategic planning activities and annual updates. Support the creation of document preparation for strategic planning.

  •   Assist in researching and compiling information for benchmarking, grant writing, articles and other Library initiatives.

  •   Assist with the coordination of Library events as planned by the OPAC Department.

QUALIFICATIONS:

  •   B.A/B.S degree Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired

  •   3 years of experience with responsibility for communications, and/or administrative support and logistics

  •   Intermediate skill level in MS Word, Excel , and PowerPoint

  •   Proficiency with using Social Media platforms

  •   Intermediate skill level in Adobe Creative Suite with focus on InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator

  •   Ability to manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines

  •   Ability to work independently and work effectively in a team environment

  •   Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills

  •   Ability to interact effectively with various audiences

  •   Accuracy and attention to detail

  •   Ability to maintain professional composure and appearance at all times

SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience

APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application and resume online to the Human Resources Department at careers@auctr.edumailto:careers@auctr.edu. Please include three professional references and salary requirements.  This position will remain open until filled.

The Robert W. Woodruff Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our Library visit us online at www.auctr.eduhttp://www.auctr.edu.

Marvelyn Thomas, PHR
Human Resources Director
Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive SW
Atlanta, GA  30314
(404) 978-2080 - Phone
(404) 978-2076 - fax
mthomas@auctr.edumailto:mthomas@auctr.edu - email

We will always provide service that exceeds the customer's expectation...Because We Care!

From: Marvelyn Thomas Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:04 PM To: All-Staff <all-staff@auctr.edu> Subject: Job Posting POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT JOB TITLE: Planning and Communications Assistant www.auctr.edu<http://www.auctr.edu/> The Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library (RWWL-AUC) supports the teaching and learning missions of four institutions of higher learning that comprise the world's largest consortium of HBCUs-Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman College. Conveniently located and easily accessible to the campuses, the Woodruff Library is the center of the intellectual and social life at the Atlanta University Center. POSITION SUMMARY: The Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library is committed to displaying excellence in our delivery of service and is known for transformative change in innovative services and programs. Our organizational culture is represented by a staff of engaged and highly motivated individuals and is one in which entrepreneurial thinking is encouraged. These factors are evidenced by our library's recognition in the "university library" category for the 2016 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award. To continue our excellence in program and services, the library seeks an experienced, energetic, detail oriented, and highly motivated individual to join the Planning, Assessment and Communication department as the Planning and Communications Assistant. This position will serve as a key liaison between the Office of Planning, Assessment and Communications (OPAC) and the Library's staff to provide technical expertise and marketing support in the carrying out of their communications, planning and assessment needs. Responsibilities: * Create marketing collateral, including social media and print materials, to support Library communications and marketing projects. * Work closely with librarians and appropriate Library and Archives Research Center staff to understand and meet their marketing needs for the Atlanta University Center community. * Assist with the design and implementation of survey instruments to assess effectiveness of Library services and resources. Maintain survey results in accordance with established procedures. * Assist in ensuring that the OPAC Department's documents are properly organized, uploaded, and made accessible, as appropriate. * Assist in maintaining databases for the OPAC Department's Friends' Council and statistical templates. * Help coordinate strategic planning activities and annual updates. Support the creation of document preparation for strategic planning. * Assist in researching and compiling information for benchmarking, grant writing, articles and other Library initiatives. * Assist with the coordination of Library events as planned by the OPAC Department. QUALIFICATIONS: * B.A/B.S degree Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired * 3 years of experience with responsibility for communications, and/or administrative support and logistics * Intermediate skill level in MS Word, Excel , and PowerPoint * Proficiency with using Social Media platforms * Intermediate skill level in Adobe Creative Suite with focus on InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator * Ability to manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines * Ability to work independently and work effectively in a team environment * Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills * Ability to interact effectively with various audiences * Accuracy and attention to detail * Ability to maintain professional composure and appearance at all times SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested applicants should submit a letter of application and resume online to the Human Resources Department at careers@auctr.edu<mailto:careers@auctr.edu>. Please include three professional references and salary requirements. This position will remain open until filled. The Robert W. Woodruff Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our Library visit us online at www.auctr.edu<http://www.auctr.edu>. Marvelyn Thomas, PHR Human Resources Director Robert W. Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30314 (404) 978-2080 - Phone (404) 978-2076 - fax mthomas@auctr.edu<mailto:mthomas@auctr.edu> - email We will always provide service that exceeds the customer's expectation...Because We Care!