Survey on Student Organizational Records at Public HBCUs

LD
LaTasha Denard
Wed, Jul 17, 2024 4:40 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

Evelyn Davis, Processing Archivist, Prairie View A&M University (TX), forwards the following research survey for University Archivists, Processing Archivists, and Acquisition Librarians from public HBCUs.

LaTasha

Good Afternoon,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Evelyn Davis and I am the Processing Archivist at Prairie View A&M University. I am conducting a small research survey to see if other HBCU institutions collect and preserve student organization records like Student Government Association [SGA], Sororities and Fraternities, and various student clubs.

As part of my staff's ongoing efforts to enhance our student organization records management system, we are surveying to gather feedback from University Archivists, Processing Archivists, and Acquisition Librarians regarding the collection of student organizational records at your institution. Your input is invaluable as we aim to streamline processes, improve data accuracy, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations. The survey will cover various aspects such as current practices, challenges faced, and suggestions for improvement.

Survey Details:

  • Duration: Approximately 10-15 minutes on the length of the answers
  • Deadline for Completion: August 1, 2024

Your participation is crucial in helping us understand the needs and perspectives of those directly involved in student record management. All responses will be kept confidential and used solely to improve our systems.

Please click on the following link to access the survey: https://forms.office.com/r/r5XXrFYBEc

Thank you in advance for your time and contribution to this important initiative. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues with the survey, please do not hesitate to contact Evelyn Davis at 936-261-1508 or by email at evdavis@pvamu.edumailto:evdavis@pvamu.edu.

I am hoping you can pass this along this message for all public HBCU institutions.

Evelyn Davis, M.L.I.S.

Processing Archivist & Digital Humanities Librarian

John B. Coleman Library, Suite 505A

Prairie View A&M University

evdavis@pvamu.edumailto:evdavis@pvamu.edu

(936)261-1508

[cid:25af1a30-1464-4714-81c8-edd3d660676f]https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signature
Book time to meet with mehttps://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signature

Greetings Colleagues, Evelyn Davis, Processing Archivist, Prairie View A&M University (TX), forwards the following research survey for University Archivists, Processing Archivists, and Acquisition Librarians from public HBCUs. LaTasha Good Afternoon, I hope this message finds you well. My name is Evelyn Davis and I am the Processing Archivist at Prairie View A&M University. I am conducting a small research survey to see if other HBCU institutions collect and preserve student organization records like Student Government Association [SGA], Sororities and Fraternities, and various student clubs. As part of my staff's ongoing efforts to enhance our student organization records management system, we are surveying to gather feedback from University Archivists, Processing Archivists, and Acquisition Librarians regarding the collection of student organizational records at your institution. Your input is invaluable as we aim to streamline processes, improve data accuracy, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations. The survey will cover various aspects such as current practices, challenges faced, and suggestions for improvement. **Survey Details:** - **Duration:** Approximately 10-15 minutes on the length of the answers - **Deadline for Completion:** August 1, 2024 Your participation is crucial in helping us understand the needs and perspectives of those directly involved in student record management. All responses will be kept confidential and used solely to improve our systems. Please click on the following link to access the survey: https://forms.office.com/r/r5XXrFYBEc Thank you in advance for your time and contribution to this important initiative. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues with the survey, please do not hesitate to contact Evelyn Davis at 936-261-1508 or by email at evdavis@pvamu.edu<mailto:evdavis@pvamu.edu>. I am hoping you can pass this along this message for all public HBCU institutions. Evelyn Davis, M.L.I.S. Processing Archivist & Digital Humanities Librarian John B. Coleman Library, Suite 505A Prairie View A&M University evdavis@pvamu.edu<mailto:evdavis@pvamu.edu> (936)261-1508 [cid:25af1a30-1464-4714-81c8-edd3d660676f]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signature> Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>
LP
Loretta Parham
Wed, Jul 17, 2024 5:22 PM

So is this only for completion/feedback from public HBCU’s?

Loretta Parham
AUC Woodruff Library

On Jul 17, 2024, at 12:41 PM, LaTasha Denard ldenard@hbculibraries.org wrote:

[...]

<Outlook-xdvqpzpf.png>
Book time to meet with mehttps://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signature

So is this only for completion/feedback from public HBCU’s? Loretta Parham AUC Woodruff Library On Jul 17, 2024, at 12:41 PM, LaTasha Denard <ldenard@hbculibraries.org> wrote:  Greetings Colleagues, Evelyn Davis, Processing Archivist, Prairie View A&M University (TX), forwards the following research survey for University Archivists, Processing Archivists, and Acquisition Librarians from public HBCUs. LaTasha Good Afternoon, I hope this message finds you well. My name is Evelyn Davis and I am the Processing Archivist at Prairie View A&M University. I am conducting a small research survey to see if other HBCU institutions collect and preserve student organization records like Student Government Association [SGA], Sororities and Fraternities, and various student clubs. As part of my staff's ongoing efforts to enhance our student organization records management system, we are surveying to gather feedback from University Archivists, Processing Archivists, and Acquisition Librarians regarding the collection of student organizational records at your institution. Your input is invaluable as we aim to streamline processes, improve data accuracy, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations. The survey will cover various aspects such as current practices, challenges faced, and suggestions for improvement. **Survey Details:** - **Duration:** Approximately 10-15 minutes on the length of the answers - **Deadline for Completion:** August 1, 2024 Your participation is crucial in helping us understand the needs and perspectives of those directly involved in student record management. All responses will be kept confidential and used solely to improve our systems. Please click on the following link to access the survey: https://forms.office.com/r/r5XXrFYBEc Thank you in advance for your time and contribution to this important initiative. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues with the survey, please do not hesitate to contact Evelyn Davis at 936-261-1508 or by email at evdavis@pvamu.edu<mailto:evdavis@pvamu.edu>. I am hoping you can pass this along this message for all public HBCU institutions. Evelyn Davis, M.L.I.S. Processing Archivist & Digital Humanities Librarian John B. Coleman Library, Suite 505A Prairie View A&M University evdavis@pvamu.edu<mailto:evdavis@pvamu.edu> (936)261-1508 <https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signature> <Outlook-xdvqpzpf.png> Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signature> _______________________________________________ HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list -- hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org To unsubscribe send an email to hbcu-libadmin-leave@lists.hbculibraries.org
LD
LaTasha Denard
Thu, Jul 18, 2024 5:46 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

Evelyn Davis, Processing Archivist, Prairie View A&M University (TX), has asked that we disregard the archival collection development survey. She sends her apologies for any inconvenience.

LaTasha

On Jul 17, 2024, at 12:41 PM, LaTasha Denard <ldenard@hbculibraries.orgmailto:ldenard@hbculibraries.org> wrote:

[...]

Book time to meet with mehttps://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signaturehttps://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signature
<Outlook-xdvqpzpf.png>https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signature

Greetings Colleagues, Evelyn Davis, Processing Archivist, Prairie View A&M University (TX), has asked that we disregard the archival collection development survey. She sends her apologies for any inconvenience. LaTasha From: Loretta Parham <lparham@auctr.edu> Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2024 1:23 PM To: LaTasha Denard <ldenard@hbculibraries.org> Cc: hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org; hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org Subject: Re: Survey on Student Organizational Records at Public HBCUs So is this only for completion/feedback from public HBCU’s? Loretta Parham AUC Woodruff Library On Jul 17, 2024, at 12:41 PM, LaTasha Denard <ldenard@hbculibraries.org<mailto:ldenard@hbculibraries.org>> wrote:  Greetings Colleagues, Evelyn Davis, Processing Archivist, Prairie View A&M University (TX), forwards the following research survey for University Archivists, Processing Archivists, and Acquisition Librarians from public HBCUs. LaTasha Good Afternoon, I hope this message finds you well. My name is Evelyn Davis and I am the Processing Archivist at Prairie View A&M University. I am conducting a small research survey to see if other HBCU institutions collect and preserve student organization records like Student Government Association [SGA], Sororities and Fraternities, and various student clubs. As part of my staff's ongoing efforts to enhance our student organization records management system, we are surveying to gather feedback from University Archivists, Processing Archivists, and Acquisition Librarians regarding the collection of student organizational records at your institution. Your input is invaluable as we aim to streamline processes, improve data accuracy, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations. The survey will cover various aspects such as current practices, challenges faced, and suggestions for improvement. **Survey Details:** - **Duration:** Approximately 10-15 minutes on the length of the answers - **Deadline for Completion:** August 1, 2024 Your participation is crucial in helping us understand the needs and perspectives of those directly involved in student record management. All responses will be kept confidential and used solely to improve our systems. Please click on the following link to access the survey: https://forms.office.com/r/r5XXrFYBEc Thank you in advance for your time and contribution to this important initiative. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues with the survey, please do not hesitate to contact Evelyn Davis at 936-261-1508 or by email at evdavis@pvamu.edu<mailto:evdavis@pvamu.edu>. I am hoping you can pass this along this message for all public HBCU institutions. Evelyn Davis, M.L.I.S. Processing Archivist & Digital Humanities Librarian John B. Coleman Library, Suite 505A Prairie View A&M University evdavis@pvamu.edu<mailto:evdavis@pvamu.edu> (936)261-1508 Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signature><https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signature> <Outlook-xdvqpzpf.png><https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a16e495a50c243609d637fd93b53737e@pvamu.edu?anonymous&ep=signature> _______________________________________________ HBCU-LibAdmin mailing list -- hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org> To unsubscribe send an email to hbcu-libadmin-leave@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin-leave@lists.hbculibraries.org>