Welcome Tiwanna Nevels to St. Augustine's University and the HBCU Library Alliance

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Sep 15, 2015 3:50 PM

Colleagues,

I trust you're.  Join me in welcoming Saint Augustine's University (SAU) alumna Ms. Tiwanna S. Nevels as director of library services for the Prezell R. Robinson Library.

Tiwana received a Bachelor of Science degree in organizational management from SAU in 2007. She also received a Master of Library Science degree from North Carolina Central University in 2009 as a Diversity Scholar.

Tiwana brings to this position a profound knowledge of libraries, with a deep passion for scholarly research, and a keen understanding of the centrality of libraries in today's colleges and universities. She has a unique perspective on libraries having worked at several HBCUs during her career. "Serving as librarian at HBCUs has afforded me a unique perspective into the African American experience. It has shaped the key values I possess in ensuring each student is equipped for success. "

Throughout her experiences in library management, Tiwanna has taken great interest in library assessment, libraries as maker spaces and patron driven customer services. She enjoys partnering with local agencies that yield quality initiatives, scholarship, and outreach programs in service to underserved populations with a specific focus on African American interests.  She is a member of the American Library Association and a host of associations that speak to the enhancement of library services to everyone.

We look forward to supporting Tiwanna and to her involvement in HBCU Library Alliance activities.

Feel free to reach out to Tiwanna at:

Tiwanna Nevels, MLS
Director of Library Services
Saint Augustine's University
Prezell R. Robinson Library, Room 202
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610
Office: 919-516-4150
tsnevels@st-aug.edumailto:tsnevels@st-aug.edu

Respectfully,

Sandra

SANDRA M. PHOENIX
Executive Director
HBCU Library Alliance
sphoenix@hbculibraries.orgmailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
www.hbculibraries.orghttp://www.hbculibraries.org/
800-999-8558, ext. 4820
404-702-5854
Skype: sandra.phoenix1

1438 West Peachtree NW
Suite 200
Atlanta,GA 30309
Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS)
Fax: 404.892.7879
www.lyrasis.orghttp://www.lyrasis.org/
Honor the ancestors, honor the children.

Colleagues, I trust you're. Join me in welcoming Saint Augustine's University (SAU) alumna Ms. Tiwanna S. Nevels as director of library services for the Prezell R. Robinson Library. Tiwana received a Bachelor of Science degree in organizational management from SAU in 2007. She also received a Master of Library Science degree from North Carolina Central University in 2009 as a Diversity Scholar. Tiwana brings to this position a profound knowledge of libraries, with a deep passion for scholarly research, and a keen understanding of the centrality of libraries in today's colleges and universities. She has a unique perspective on libraries having worked at several HBCUs during her career. "Serving as librarian at HBCUs has afforded me a unique perspective into the African American experience. It has shaped the key values I possess in ensuring each student is equipped for success. " Throughout her experiences in library management, Tiwanna has taken great interest in library assessment, libraries as maker spaces and patron driven customer services. She enjoys partnering with local agencies that yield quality initiatives, scholarship, and outreach programs in service to underserved populations with a specific focus on African American interests. She is a member of the American Library Association and a host of associations that speak to the enhancement of library services to everyone. We look forward to supporting Tiwanna and to her involvement in HBCU Library Alliance activities. Feel free to reach out to Tiwanna at: Tiwanna Nevels, MLS Director of Library Services Saint Augustine's University Prezell R. Robinson Library, Room 202 1315 Oakwood Avenue Raleigh, NC 27610 Office: 919-516-4150 tsnevels@st-aug.edu<mailto:tsnevels@st-aug.edu> Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 800-999-8558, ext. 4820 404-702-5854 Skype: sandra.phoenix1 1438 West Peachtree NW Suite 200 Atlanta,GA 30309 Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS) Fax: 404.892.7879 www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/> Honor the ancestors, honor the children.
JF
Jamaal Fisher
Tue, Sep 15, 2015 4:01 PM

Congratulations Tiwanna. Your journey through the library profession is one of pure inspiration and fulfillment of the aspirations of all the black librarians who worked so hard to create opportunities for all. Eagle Pride!

Have a magical day!

Jamaal Fisher, M.L.S.|Reference & Circulation Librarian, Instructor|
Hollis F. Price Library|LeMoyne-Owen College
901-435-1355| "Leadership. Opportunity. Change."

[...]

Congratulations Tiwanna. Your journey through the library profession is one of pure inspiration and fulfillment of the aspirations of all the black librarians who worked so hard to create opportunities for all. Eagle Pride! Have a magical day! Jamaal Fisher, M.L.S.|Reference & Circulation Librarian, Instructor| Hollis F. Price Library|LeMoyne-Owen College 901-435-1355| "Leadership. Opportunity. Change." ________________________________________ From: hbcu-lib-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org [hbcu-lib-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] on behalf of Sandra Phoenix [sphoenix@hbculibraries.org] Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 10:50 AM To: 'Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org' Subject: Welcome Tiwanna Nevels to St. Augustine's University and the HBCU Library Alliance Colleagues, I trust you’re. Join me in welcoming Saint Augustine’s University (SAU) alumna Ms. Tiwanna S. Nevels as director of library services for the Prezell R. Robinson Library. Tiwana received a Bachelor of Science degree in organizational management from SAU in 2007. She also received a Master of Library Science degree from North Carolina Central University in 2009 as a Diversity Scholar. Tiwana brings to this position a profound knowledge of libraries, with a deep passion for scholarly research, and a keen understanding of the centrality of libraries in today's colleges and universities. She has a unique perspective on libraries having worked at several HBCUs during her career. “Serving as librarian at HBCUs has afforded me a unique perspective into the African American experience. It has shaped the key values I possess in ensuring each student is equipped for success. ” Throughout her experiences in library management, Tiwanna has taken great interest in library assessment, libraries as maker spaces and patron driven customer services. She enjoys partnering with local agencies that yield quality initiatives, scholarship, and outreach programs in service to underserved populations with a specific focus on African American interests. She is a member of the American Library Association and a host of associations that speak to the enhancement of library services to everyone. We look forward to supporting Tiwanna and to her involvement in HBCU Library Alliance activities. Feel free to reach out to Tiwanna at: Tiwanna Nevels, MLS Director of Library Services Saint Augustine’s University Prezell R. Robinson Library, Room 202 1315 Oakwood Avenue Raleigh, NC 27610 Office: 919-516-4150 tsnevels@st-aug.edu<mailto:tsnevels@st-aug.edu> Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 800-999-8558, ext. 4820 404-702-5854 Skype: sandra.phoenix1 1438 West Peachtree NW Suite 200 Atlanta,GA 30309 Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS) Fax: 404.892.7879 www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/> Honor the ancestors, honor the children.
ML
Mantra L Henderson
Tue, Sep 15, 2015 6:18 PM

Greetings Tiwanna,

As board chair of the HBCU Library Alliance, I want to say congratulations and welcome to the HBCU Library Alliance. The Alliance is a consortium that supports the collaboration of information professionals dedicated to providing an array of resources designed to strengthenhttp://www.hbculibraries.org/html/memberlibraries-state.html Historically Black Colleges and Universities and their constituents.

We look forward to your active participation in the Alliance as we work to transform and strengthen the membership by developing leaders, preserving collections and planning for the future.

Mantra Henderson, MLIS

Director of Library Services

James H. White Library

Mississippi Valley State University

14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232

Itta Bena, MS 38941

662-254-3494 (phone)

662-254-3499 (fax)

[...]

Greetings Tiwanna, As board chair of the HBCU Library Alliance, I want to say congratulations and welcome to the HBCU Library Alliance. The Alliance is a consortium that supports the collaboration of information professionals dedicated to providing an array of resources designed to strengthen<http://www.hbculibraries.org/html/memberlibraries-state.html> Historically Black Colleges and Universities and their constituents. We look forward to your active participation in the Alliance as we work to transform and strengthen the membership by developing leaders, preserving collections and planning for the future. Mantra Henderson, MLIS Director of Library Services James H. White Library Mississippi Valley State University 14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232 Itta Bena, MS 38941 662-254-3494 (phone) 662-254-3499 (fax) ________________________________ From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org <hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org> on behalf of Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 10:50 AM To: 'Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: Welcome Tiwanna Nevels to St. Augustine's University and the HBCU Library Alliance Colleagues, I trust you're. Join me in welcoming Saint Augustine's University (SAU) alumna Ms. Tiwanna S. Nevels as director of library services for the Prezell R. Robinson Library. Tiwana received a Bachelor of Science degree in organizational management from SAU in 2007. She also received a Master of Library Science degree from North Carolina Central University in 2009 as a Diversity Scholar. Tiwana brings to this position a profound knowledge of libraries, with a deep passion for scholarly research, and a keen understanding of the centrality of libraries in today's colleges and universities. She has a unique perspective on libraries having worked at several HBCUs during her career. "Serving as librarian at HBCUs has afforded me a unique perspective into the African American experience. It has shaped the key values I possess in ensuring each student is equipped for success. " Throughout her experiences in library management, Tiwanna has taken great interest in library assessment, libraries as maker spaces and patron driven customer services. She enjoys partnering with local agencies that yield quality initiatives, scholarship, and outreach programs in service to underserved populations with a specific focus on African American interests. She is a member of the American Library Association and a host of associations that speak to the enhancement of library services to everyone. We look forward to supporting Tiwanna and to her involvement in HBCU Library Alliance activities. Feel free to reach out to Tiwanna at: Tiwanna Nevels, MLS Director of Library Services Saint Augustine's University Prezell R. Robinson Library, Room 202 1315 Oakwood Avenue Raleigh, NC 27610 Office: 919-516-4150 tsnevels@st-aug.edu<mailto:tsnevels@st-aug.edu> Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 800-999-8558, ext. 4820 404-702-5854 Skype: sandra.phoenix1 1438 West Peachtree NW Suite 200 Atlanta,GA 30309 Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS) Fax: 404.892.7879 www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/> Honor the ancestors, honor the children.
FR
Farrar, Rinalda
Wed, Sep 16, 2015 12:34 PM

Welcome Tiwanna,
As a new board member of the HBCU Library Alliance, I look forward to working with you and hearing about the many ideas that you may have as we continue to move forward in the 21st century.  Congratulations to you and again welcome to the HBCU Library Alliance.

Rinalda L. Farrar, Ph.D.
Director of Library Services
Inman E. Page Library
Lincoln University in Missouri
712 Lee Drive
Jefferson City, MO 65101
573-681-5528
farrarR@lincolnu.edu

[...]

Welcome Tiwanna, As a new board member of the HBCU Library Alliance, I look forward to working with you and hearing about the many ideas that you may have as we continue to move forward in the 21st century. Congratulations to you and again welcome to the HBCU Library Alliance. Rinalda L. Farrar, Ph.D. Director of Library Services Inman E. Page Library Lincoln University in Missouri 712 Lee Drive Jefferson City, MO 65101 573-681-5528 farrarR@lincolnu.edu From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Mantra L Henderson Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 1:19 PM To: Sandra Phoenix; 'Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: Re: Welcome Tiwanna Nevels to St. Augustine's University and the HBCU Library Alliance Greetings Tiwanna, As board chair of the HBCU Library Alliance, I want to say congratulations and welcome to the HBCU Library Alliance. The Alliance is a consortium that supports the collaboration of information professionals dedicated to providing an array of resources designed to strengthen Historically Black Colleges and Universities and their constituents. We look forward to your active participation in the Alliance as we work to transform and strengthen the membership by developing leaders, preserving collections and planning for the future. Mantra Henderson, MLIS Director of Library Services James H. White Library Mississippi Valley State University 14000 Hwy 82 W MVSU 5232 Itta Bena, MS 38941 662-254-3494 (phone) 662-254-3499 (fax) ________________________________ From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org> <hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org<mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org>> on behalf of Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org>> Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 10:50 AM To: 'Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: Welcome Tiwanna Nevels to St. Augustine's University and the HBCU Library Alliance Colleagues, I trust you're. Join me in welcoming Saint Augustine's University (SAU) alumna Ms. Tiwanna S. Nevels as director of library services for the Prezell R. Robinson Library. Tiwana received a Bachelor of Science degree in organizational management from SAU in 2007. She also received a Master of Library Science degree from North Carolina Central University in 2009 as a Diversity Scholar. Tiwana brings to this position a profound knowledge of libraries, with a deep passion for scholarly research, and a keen understanding of the centrality of libraries in today's colleges and universities. She has a unique perspective on libraries having worked at several HBCUs during her career. "Serving as librarian at HBCUs has afforded me a unique perspective into the African American experience. It has shaped the key values I possess in ensuring each student is equipped for success. " Throughout her experiences in library management, Tiwanna has taken great interest in library assessment, libraries as maker spaces and patron driven customer services. She enjoys partnering with local agencies that yield quality initiatives, scholarship, and outreach programs in service to underserved populations with a specific focus on African American interests. She is a member of the American Library Association and a host of associations that speak to the enhancement of library services to everyone. We look forward to supporting Tiwanna and to her involvement in HBCU Library Alliance activities. Feel free to reach out to Tiwanna at: Tiwanna Nevels, MLS Director of Library Services Saint Augustine's University Prezell R. Robinson Library, Room 202 1315 Oakwood Avenue Raleigh, NC 27610 Office: 919-516-4150 tsnevels@st-aug.edu<mailto:tsnevels@st-aug.edu> Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 800-999-8558, ext. 4820 404-702-5854 Skype: sandra.phoenix1 1438 West Peachtree NW Suite 200 Atlanta,GA 30309 Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS) Fax: 404.892.7879 www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/> Honor the ancestors, honor the children.
NT
Nevels, Tiwanna S.
Wed, Sep 16, 2015 2:41 PM

Thanks to each of you for the congratulatory blessings I've received since the announcement of my appointment as Director of Library Services to SAU. I am honored to now be a contributing member to the HBCU Alliance. My heart is filled with gratitude and look forward to working alongside each of you in the future. Have an amazing day!

Tiwanna Nevels, MLS
Director of Library Services

Saint Augustine's University
Prezell R. Robinson Library| Room 202
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610
Office: 919-516-4150  Fax: 919-516-4575
[...]

Thanks to each of you for the congratulatory blessings I've received since the announcement of my appointment as Director of Library Services to SAU. I am honored to now be a contributing member to the HBCU Alliance. My heart is filled with gratitude and look forward to working alongside each of you in the future. Have an amazing day! Tiwanna Nevels, MLS Director of Library Services Saint Augustine's University Prezell R. Robinson Library| Room 202 1315 Oakwood Avenue Raleigh, NC 27610 Office: 919-516-4150 Fax: 919-516-4575 Email: tsnevels@st-aug.edu<mailto:tsnevels@st-aug.edu> [SAU logo_email signature] From: hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org [mailto:hbcu-libadmin-bounces@lists.hbculibraries.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Phoenix Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 11:50 AM To: 'Hbcu-libadmin@lists.hbculibraries.org' Cc: 'Hbcu-lib@lists.hbculibraries.org'; 'kjefferson@auctr.edu' Subject: Welcome Tiwanna Nevels to St. Augustine's University and the HBCU Library Alliance Colleagues, I trust you're. Join me in welcoming Saint Augustine's University (SAU) alumna Ms. Tiwanna S. Nevels as director of library services for the Prezell R. Robinson Library. Tiwana received a Bachelor of Science degree in organizational management from SAU in 2007. She also received a Master of Library Science degree from North Carolina Central University in 2009 as a Diversity Scholar. Tiwana brings to this position a profound knowledge of libraries, with a deep passion for scholarly research, and a keen understanding of the centrality of libraries in today's colleges and universities. She has a unique perspective on libraries having worked at several HBCUs during her career. "Serving as librarian at HBCUs has afforded me a unique perspective into the African American experience. It has shaped the key values I possess in ensuring each student is equipped for success. " Throughout her experiences in library management, Tiwanna has taken great interest in library assessment, libraries as maker spaces and patron driven customer services. She enjoys partnering with local agencies that yield quality initiatives, scholarship, and outreach programs in service to underserved populations with a specific focus on African American interests. She is a member of the American Library Association and a host of associations that speak to the enhancement of library services to everyone. We look forward to supporting Tiwanna and to her involvement in HBCU Library Alliance activities. Feel free to reach out to Tiwanna at: Tiwanna Nevels, MLS Director of Library Services Saint Augustine's University Prezell R. Robinson Library, Room 202 1315 Oakwood Avenue Raleigh, NC 27610 Office: 919-516-4150 tsnevels@st-aug.edu<mailto:tsnevels@st-aug.edu> Respectfully, Sandra SANDRA M. PHOENIX Executive Director HBCU Library Alliance sphoenix@hbculibraries.org<mailto:sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> www.hbculibraries.org<http://www.hbculibraries.org/> 800-999-8558, ext. 4820 404-702-5854 Skype: sandra.phoenix1 1438 West Peachtree NW Suite 200 Atlanta,GA 30309 Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558 (LYRASIS) Fax: 404.892.7879 www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/> Honor the ancestors, honor the children.