College & Research Libraries 75th Anniversary Edition

LP
Loretta Parham
Wed, Mar 19, 2014 12:46 PM

Good morning:  I wonder if there is an article about the Alliance or about/by the work of our librarians from one or more of the designated HBCU’s that could be voted for inclusion in this landmark edition of College & Research Libraries.  We will take a look and I hope others will too.  Have a good day!

Loretta Parham
CEO & Director
Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Ave
Atlanta, GA 30314
404-978-2018
We will always provide service that exceeds the customer’s expectation…Because We Care!

From: noreply+feedproxy@google.com [mailto:noreply+feedproxy@google.com] On Behalf Of ACRL Insider
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:04 AM
To: Loretta Parham
Subject: ACRL Insider

ACRL Insiderhttp://www.acrl.ala.org/acrlinsider

College & Research Libraries 75th Anniversary Issue Voting Now Openhttp://feedproxy.google.com/~r/acrlinsider/~3/lX-JPv5pCl8/8491?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

[http://www.acrl.ala.org/acrlinsider/wp-content/uploads/crl-square.jpg]In preparation for the upcoming celebration of ACRL’s 75th anniversary, the editorial board of College & Research Librarieshttp://crl.acrl.org/ (C&RL) is asking the journal’s readers to help identify seven “landmark” articles from C&RL history to be included in a special issue of the journal to be published in March 2015 and discussed at the ACRL 2015 Conferencehttp://conference.acrl.org/ in Portland, Oregon. Votinghttps://www.surveymonkey.com/s/crl75 for the crowdsourced issue is now open and will close at the end of April 2014.

“College & Research Libraries has been the leading venue for scholarly study and thoughtful discussions of issues of critical importance to academic and research libraries for the better part of a century,” said C&RL editor-in-chief Scott Walter of DePaul University. “The 75th anniversary of the journal and the association provides us with a rare opportunity to consider the importance of scholarship to our data-informed profession, and to reflect upon the inspiration and guidance that generations of leading researchers and scholarly practitioners have given to each of us in our work.”

A list of 30 finalists identified by the editorial board and a group of past C&RL editors, along with a voting linkhttps://www.surveymonkey.com/s/crl75, is now available on the ACRL websitehttp://www.ala.org/acrl/publications/crl75. The editorial board will also include one “people’s choice” article in the 75th anniversary special issue. Once the articles selected for inclusion in the C&RL 75th anniversary issue have been identified, the editorial board will solicit authors for companion essays aimed at illuminating the contemporary, and ongoing, significance of these works. These companion essays will be published alongside the original articles in this special issue of the journal.

Voting is now open and will close on April 30, 2014. Complete details are available on the ACRL websitehttp://www.ala.org/acrl/publications/crl75.

Meet the Candidates: Kim Leederhttp://feedproxy.google.com/~r/acrlinsider/~3/N8FFb7BfdU4/8411?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Editor’s Note: In the lead-up to the 2014 ALA/ ACRL election, we’re profiling the 2014 ACRL Board of Directors candidates. We’ll feature one candidate each weekday from March 11 – 18. Complete details on candidates for ACRL offices are available on the election websitehttp://www.ala.org/acrl/aboutacrl/electionresults/election. Make sure to vote for the candidates of your choice starting March 19.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/acrl/13244942083/[https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3671/13244942083_474918ed82_m.jpg]https://www.flickr.com/photos/acrl/13244942083/https://www.flickr.com/photos/acrl/13244942083/Kim Leeder is Director of Library Services at the College of Western Idahohttps://www.cwidaho.cc/current-students/library in Boise/Nampa, Idahohttps://maps.google.com/maps?q=Boise+Idaho&hl=en&ll=44.00862,-117.333984&spn=8.596545,14.128418&sll=43.582648,-116.40125&sspn=0.270581,0.441513&gl=us&hnear=Boise,+Ada+County,+Idaho&t=m&z=6. Kim is a 2014 candidate for the ACRL Board of Directors as Director-at-Large.

  1. Describe yourself in three words: Forward-thinker, boundary-breaker, get-it-done-er.

  2. What are you reading right now (or listening to on your mobile device)?  Honestly? My Facebook feed (Kidding! Sort of). On my nightstand is The True History of the Kelly Ganghttp://www.nytimes.com/books/01/01/07/reviews/010107.07quinnt.html, Man Booker Prize winner, because I like to slowly read complex, thought-provoking fiction. Really slowly. Like a turtle. But Bookers are nearly always amazing reads in the end.

  3. Describe ACRL in three words: People! People! People!

  4. Why do you value about ACRL? Meeting. Learning. Growing. Giving. The opportunity to contribute to the field, meet and learn from others, and expand my vision of what academic libraries are — and what they should be.

  5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? I help people make their lives better. As a community college librarian, I support students from all backgrounds as they take their first steps into higher education. I teach them about research, give them pep talks at the info desk, and congratulate them when they move on to a profession, four-year degree program, or other adventure. I love to watch them amaze themselves with their own accomplishments.

  6. In your own words: I have the best job ever! I get to learn and teach and grow every day. Best of all, I love being part of a profession that is constantly in the process of discovering itself. We have the opportunity every day to reinvent our work: what could be cooler than that?

You are subscribed to email updates from ACRL Insiderhttp://www.acrl.ala.org/acrlinsider

Email delivery powered by Google

They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system
manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or
make copies.

** IronMail scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious
content. **

Good morning: I wonder if there is an article about the Alliance or about/by the work of our librarians from one or more of the designated HBCU’s that could be voted for inclusion in this landmark edition of College & Research Libraries. We will take a look and I hope others will too. Have a good day! Loretta Parham CEO & Director Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library 111 James P. Brawley Ave Atlanta, GA 30314 404-978-2018 We will always provide service that exceeds the customer’s expectation…Because We Care! From: noreply+feedproxy@google.com [mailto:noreply+feedproxy@google.com] On Behalf Of ACRL Insider Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:04 AM To: Loretta Parham Subject: ACRL Insider ACRL Insider<http://www.acrl.ala.org/acrlinsider> ________________________________ College & Research Libraries 75th Anniversary Issue Voting Now Open<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/acrlinsider/~3/lX-JPv5pCl8/8491?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email> Posted: 18 Mar 2014 11:20 AM PDT [http://www.acrl.ala.org/acrlinsider/wp-content/uploads/crl-square.jpg]In preparation for the upcoming celebration of ACRL’s 75th anniversary, the editorial board of College & Research Libraries<http://crl.acrl.org/> (C&RL) is asking the journal’s readers to help identify seven “landmark” articles from C&RL history to be included in a special issue of the journal to be published in March 2015 and discussed at the ACRL 2015 Conference<http://conference.acrl.org/> in Portland, Oregon. Voting<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/crl75> for the crowdsourced issue is now open and will close at the end of April 2014. “College & Research Libraries has been the leading venue for scholarly study and thoughtful discussions of issues of critical importance to academic and research libraries for the better part of a century,” said C&RL editor-in-chief Scott Walter of DePaul University. “The 75th anniversary of the journal and the association provides us with a rare opportunity to consider the importance of scholarship to our data-informed profession, and to reflect upon the inspiration and guidance that generations of leading researchers and scholarly practitioners have given to each of us in our work.” A list of 30 finalists identified by the editorial board and a group of past C&RL editors, along with a voting link<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/crl75>, is now available on the ACRL website<http://www.ala.org/acrl/publications/crl75>. The editorial board will also include one “people’s choice” article in the 75th anniversary special issue. Once the articles selected for inclusion in the C&RL 75th anniversary issue have been identified, the editorial board will solicit authors for companion essays aimed at illuminating the contemporary, and ongoing, significance of these works. These companion essays will be published alongside the original articles in this special issue of the journal. Voting is now open and will close on April 30, 2014. Complete details are available on the ACRL website<http://www.ala.org/acrl/publications/crl75>. Meet the Candidates: Kim Leeder<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/acrlinsider/~3/N8FFb7BfdU4/8411?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email> Posted: 18 Mar 2014 08:33 AM PDT Editor’s Note: In the lead-up to the 2014 ALA/ ACRL election, we’re profiling the 2014 ACRL Board of Directors candidates. We’ll feature one candidate each weekday from March 11 – 18. Complete details on candidates for ACRL offices are available on the election website<http://www.ala.org/acrl/aboutacrl/electionresults/election>. Make sure to vote for the candidates of your choice starting March 19. <https://www.flickr.com/photos/acrl/13244942083/>[https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3671/13244942083_474918ed82_m.jpg]<https://www.flickr.com/photos/acrl/13244942083/><https://www.flickr.com/photos/acrl/13244942083/>Kim Leeder is Director of Library Services at the College of Western Idaho<https://www.cwidaho.cc/current-students/library> in Boise/Nampa, Idaho<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Boise+Idaho&hl=en&ll=44.00862,-117.333984&spn=8.596545,14.128418&sll=43.582648,-116.40125&sspn=0.270581,0.441513&gl=us&hnear=Boise,+Ada+County,+Idaho&t=m&z=6>. Kim is a 2014 candidate for the ACRL Board of Directors as Director-at-Large. 1. Describe yourself in three words: Forward-thinker, boundary-breaker, get-it-done-er. 2. What are you reading right now (or listening to on your mobile device)? Honestly? My Facebook feed (Kidding! Sort of). On my nightstand is The True History of the Kelly Gang<http://www.nytimes.com/books/01/01/07/reviews/010107.07quinnt.html>, Man Booker Prize winner, because I like to slowly read complex, thought-provoking fiction. Really slowly. Like a turtle. But Bookers are nearly always amazing reads in the end. 3. Describe ACRL in three words: People! People! People! 4. Why do you value about ACRL? Meeting. Learning. Growing. Giving. The opportunity to contribute to the field, meet and learn from others, and expand my vision of what academic libraries are — and what they should be. 5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? I help people make their lives better. As a community college librarian, I support students from all backgrounds as they take their first steps into higher education. I teach them about research, give them pep talks at the info desk, and congratulate them when they move on to a profession, four-year degree program, or other adventure. I love to watch them amaze themselves with their own accomplishments. 6. In your own words: I have the best job ever! I get to learn and teach and grow every day. Best of all, I love being part of a profession that is constantly in the process of discovering itself. We have the opportunity every day to reinvent our work: what could be cooler than that? You are subscribed to email updates from ACRL Insider<http://www.acrl.ala.org/acrlinsider> To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now<http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailunsubscribe?k=DzEsafjrE27UnnK0oM-TPP6eqnA>. Email delivery powered by Google Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610 ************************************************************************************************** The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies. ** IronMail scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content. ** **************************************************************************************************