FW: Blue Tiger CUBS Program Provides Community Outreach

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Mar 11, 2014 11:51 AM

From: Young, Misty [mailto:YoungM@lincolnu.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 4:10 PM
Subject: Blue Tiger CUBS Program Provides Community Outreach

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT MISTY YOUNG

(573) 681-6032

March 7, 2014

BLUE TIGER CUBS PROGRAM PROVIDES COMMUNITY OUTREACH

Jefferson City, MO- Community service will now be part of the regular work week for Lincoln University employees.  Lincoln University President Dr. Kevin D. Rome, Sr.  announced the implementation of the Blue Tiger CUBS (Community United by Service) program in a memo to staff earlier today.

Beginning April 1, staff members will be allowed two hours of release time per week to volunteer at local organizations. Rome says community involvement works in many ways.  "Outreach from those who work within the university is key to creating and maintaining lasting relationships that are beneficial for all parties involved."

Employees are encouraged to devote their time to one of the many worthwhile organizations in the community. Stephanie Johnson, Executive Director of the Boys and Girls Club of the Capital City looks forward to welcoming Lincoln University employees to her agency.  "We will find a suitable volunteer job to match their interests," says Johnson. "I would like to express my gratitude to Dr. Rome and the faculty and staff of Lincoln University for this commitment to service to the Boys and Girls Club and our community."

Misty Young
Director, Office of University Relations
573-681-5580
www.lincolnu.eduhttp://www.lincolnu.edu/

From: Young, Misty [mailto:YoungM@lincolnu.edu] Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 4:10 PM Subject: Blue Tiger CUBS Program Provides Community Outreach FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT MISTY YOUNG (573) 681-6032 March 7, 2014 BLUE TIGER CUBS PROGRAM PROVIDES COMMUNITY OUTREACH Jefferson City, MO- Community service will now be part of the regular work week for Lincoln University employees. Lincoln University President Dr. Kevin D. Rome, Sr. announced the implementation of the Blue Tiger CUBS (Community United by Service) program in a memo to staff earlier today. Beginning April 1, staff members will be allowed two hours of release time per week to volunteer at local organizations. Rome says community involvement works in many ways. "Outreach from those who work within the university is key to creating and maintaining lasting relationships that are beneficial for all parties involved." Employees are encouraged to devote their time to one of the many worthwhile organizations in the community. Stephanie Johnson, Executive Director of the Boys and Girls Club of the Capital City looks forward to welcoming Lincoln University employees to her agency. "We will find a suitable volunteer job to match their interests," says Johnson. "I would like to express my gratitude to Dr. Rome and the faculty and staff of Lincoln University for this commitment to service to the Boys and Girls Club and our community." ### Misty Young Director, Office of University Relations 573-681-5580 www.lincolnu.edu<http://www.lincolnu.edu/>