FW: NEH Awards for Faculty Program Announcements

SP
Sandra Phoenix
Tue, Feb 2, 2021 1:09 PM

Greetings Colleagues,

I trust you're well and in good spirits.  See messaging from Madison Hendren at NEH regarding
NEH's Awards for Faculty at Historically Black Colleges and Universities program.  Please share broadly and apply.

Respectfully,

Sandra
From: Hendren, Madison [mailto:mhendren@neh.gov]
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 1:09 PM
To: Sandra Phoenix sphoenix@hbculibraries.org
Subject: NEH Awards for Faculty Program Announcements

Dear Ms. Phoenix,

I hope that this email finds you well. I am writing to you with regards to the National Endowment for the Humanities Awards for Faculty at Historically Black Colleges and Universities program, which has an upcoming application deadline of April 14, 2021. I would be grateful if you would be willing to distribute the program information (attached) to any contacts who you think might be interested in the program.

This program seeks to strengthen the humanities at HBCUs by encouraging and expanding humanities research opportunities for individual faculty and staff members.

Recently offered and awarded projects from HBCU faculty and staff demonstrate a wide range of topics and approaches and include Dior Konate, "Constructing Death: Capital Punishment in Colonial Senegal" (South Carolina State University), Mary Barr (Kentucky State University), "Housing Discrimination in Chicago's Northern Suburbs, 1853-1966," and Deanna Koretsky (Spelman College), "British Literature, Suicide, and the Bounds of Liberalism in the Romantic Era." A list of funded projects across all three Awards for Faculty programs can be found herehttps://securegrants.neh.gov/publicquery/main.aspx?q=1&a=0&n=0&o=0&ot=0&k=0&f=0&s=0&cd=0&p=1&pv=273&d=0&y=0&prd=0&cov=0&prz=0&wp=0&ob=year&or=DESC.

Staff will again be accepting draft proposals for this program (optional). The deadline for receipt of draft proposals is February 17, 2021 at FacultyAwards@neh.govmailto:FacultyAwards@neh.gov.

Please don't hesitate to email or call with any questions about the program.

Thanks very much, and with best wishes,

Madison Hendren

Humanities Administrator

Division of Research Programs

National Endowment for the Humanities

(202) 770-4989

Awards for Faculty Programs

FacultyAwards@neh.govmailto:FacultyAwards@neh.gov

202-606-8200

Greetings Colleagues, I trust you're well and in good spirits. See messaging from Madison Hendren at NEH regarding NEH's Awards for Faculty at Historically Black Colleges and Universities program. Please share broadly and apply. Respectfully, Sandra From: Hendren, Madison [mailto:mhendren@neh.gov] Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 1:09 PM To: Sandra Phoenix <sphoenix@hbculibraries.org> Subject: NEH Awards for Faculty Program Announcements Dear Ms. Phoenix, I hope that this email finds you well. I am writing to you with regards to the National Endowment for the Humanities Awards for Faculty at Historically Black Colleges and Universities program, which has an upcoming application deadline of April 14, 2021. I would be grateful if you would be willing to distribute the program information (attached) to any contacts who you think might be interested in the program. This program seeks to strengthen the humanities at HBCUs by encouraging and expanding humanities research opportunities for individual faculty and staff members. Recently offered and awarded projects from HBCU faculty and staff demonstrate a wide range of topics and approaches and include Dior Konate, "Constructing Death: Capital Punishment in Colonial Senegal" (South Carolina State University), Mary Barr (Kentucky State University), "Housing Discrimination in Chicago's Northern Suburbs, 1853-1966," and Deanna Koretsky (Spelman College), "British Literature, Suicide, and the Bounds of Liberalism in the Romantic Era." A list of funded projects across all three Awards for Faculty programs can be found here<https://securegrants.neh.gov/publicquery/main.aspx?q=1&a=0&n=0&o=0&ot=0&k=0&f=0&s=0&cd=0&p=1&pv=273&d=0&y=0&prd=0&cov=0&prz=0&wp=0&ob=year&or=DESC>. Staff will again be accepting draft proposals for this program (optional). The deadline for receipt of draft proposals is February 17, 2021 at FacultyAwards@neh.gov<mailto:FacultyAwards@neh.gov>. Please don't hesitate to email or call with any questions about the program. Thanks very much, and with best wishes, Madison Hendren Humanities Administrator Division of Research Programs National Endowment for the Humanities (202) 770-4989 Awards for Faculty Programs FacultyAwards@neh.gov<mailto:FacultyAwards@neh.gov> 202-606-8200